Reviews for Genma's Daughter
Zhor chapter 6 . 12/14/2012
That went much better then it could have. Good thing the principle wasn't around, I'd say.
Zhor chapter 5 . 12/14/2012
Hmm, I sense a potential Ryouga/Ranko pairing! Onward I read...
Zhor chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
Oh, this is 'deep'! I'm only a little ways in, but it already seems solidly written and emotional. I'd think Ranma would have been more worried about the amazons when visiting them though, seeing as Cologne 'could' have chosen to enforce the kiss of death. Onward I read...
The destroyer of fate chapter 7 . 11/4/2012
i finaly thought id post a review on your story so far .. so far your story has been wonderful. your grama and that stuff seems to be alright from what little i know abotu it ;p. the plot is really good and has alsorts of diffrent bits makeing it fun to read .. id say this would be in my top 10 ranma storys ive read so far .. not sure if you has seem it but the violin part reminded my of notes from jullivard . also a good story. but really good and i am hopeing the rest of it is just as good as it was so far .
YurigirlzCrush chapter 14 . 7/26/2012
well, now i'm finished, and i'm a little bit sad. but I see that there are other stories here about Ranko! I hope they're just as good as this was. because this was a beautiful story, and I loved every minute of it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who like a good drama story. brava!
YurigirlzCrush chapter 10 . 7/26/2012
suppressing a fangirl squee here! Ryouga and Ranko together? and I love the idea of Ranko playing the violin more and more as the chapters progress! I look forward to the rest of the story. i'm only sad that it's almost the end. i'll have to check out your other stories after this. I want more of this AU Ranko!
YurigirlzCrush chapter 8 . 7/25/2012
I love your chosen ending point here. I was planning to stop after this chapter, and I can't very well do that now, can I? )

still loving your story. can't wait to see where it goes from here!
YurigirlzCrush chapter 5 . 7/24/2012
you've put together an emotional roller-coaster! I love the way the story is developing. there is a real feel of someone who is finding herself for the first time that really hits home for me, and I would imagine it does for others as well. have spotted the random spelling or grammar error here or there, but for the most part this story reads very well and seems quite professional.

love the fact that Ryouga appeared in this chapter too. always one of my favorite characters, and his internal train of thought seems very much inline with his character in the series. I think you do quite well in taking the characters and giving them a twist of seriousness and realism that makes them feel at once familiar and entirely new.

looking forward to reading the rest when I have more time!
YurigirlzCrush chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
this story was recommended by a friend as something i'd like and I have to say she was right. I love the direction you've gone with this and look forward to reading more. something tells me this is a story I won't be able to put down until i've finished .
Guest chapter 14 . 7/18/2012
Awww, that was a nice heartwarming ending to this. The story itself was very good, had some great moments, and there was practically nothing wrong grammar-wise (brava instead of bravo being the only one I can think of off the top of my head). The story was a fun read, I went through the whole thing in less than a day, started reading it at work at 4:00 and just finished it now at 4:40 in the morning.

Despite how much I liked this though, there was just one flaw that I kept thinking back to the entire time, and that was how unrealistic Ranma's transformation into Ranko was. This is a person who has been male his entire life (except for a few years), and he accepts being female and wanting to stay that way within a WEEK of finding out? I know he angst a lot about it, but even then that just feels like it was way too fast, I was kind of surprised by it.

In addition, it felt like some characters changed their personalities too quickly for what was happening, Ranma especially changed drastically within the week mentioned above. Akane went from how she was in Canon, to being a very understanding and compassionate sister to Ranko.

Basically, everything just happened too quickly, and developed at a very accelerated rate.

Also, you kind of forgot about Ukyou at the end there, poor girl.

Like I said however, putting all that aside, the story was very good, and it held my attention the entire time. I especially liked how the relations between Ranko and Ryouga worked out, with Ranko slowly coming to learn her feelings for him throughout the chapters, and reaching its climax in probably one of the more heartwarming manners possible. It was just well written, I really enjoyed it.

Overall, great story, definitely adding this to my favorites.

Not sure if you care for my two cents however, considering this was written 12 years ago if the dates at the end of the chapters meant anything.
Connor Elric chapter 14 . 6/25/2012
This was amazing and I loved the story, It captured me from paragraph one and I haven't been able to stop! Could you do a sequel? It was absolutely amazing and I am sad it's over.
TippyToe Zombie chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
I'm thinking it would be interesting if you did an AU of this fic where Soun did bring Akane but Genma wasn't able to bring Ranko.

I am the TippyToe Zombie

I like to Limbo

Often I fall on people's heads
Shinkicker chapter 14 . 4/27/2012
Awesome story. I'm sure I could be picky about Ranko's development but I really don't want to be, and I can't remember what quirks I disagreed with. Anyways highly enjoyed the story.

/fav
Sharfan chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Well, I stumble upon this story recently in my attempt to find a good story where Ranma chooses to remain female, and I have to say that this is definitely the best one I've ever read. I loved your writing, which was on a professional level, and the way you developed everyone was amazing.

I had another, larger reason why I really enjoyed it, though. I have just recently (well, within the last year) realized that I'm transgendered, and this story spoke to me in ways that I never expected when I clicked on it. Everything you described, everything about how Ranko felt, matches how I've felt all my life. I don't know if it was meant this way, but it definitely brought up some deep feelings within me while I was reading it.

Sadly, however, it's only fantasy. No matter how much I wish it were as easy as falling into a particular spring, real life is much more cruel. I understand that Ranko wasn't really a boy to start with, but, if you ask any transgendered person, they might say the same. For their younger years, they thought of themselves as the opposite gender and didn't really realize what their sex really was until they start getting older. This is very similar to the way you constructed your story, so I'm honestly led to believe that this was all on purpose, which would call for applause for being able to convey so many things without actually coming out and saying it.

Well, at least I can continue daydreaming that maybe one day I might find the spring of drowned girl, and life may be made just a little easier for me. I won't hold my breath on it, though. I mean, there's still some small part of me that's also still waiting for that Hogwarts letter to arrive. . .

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that you've definitely touched my heart with this story, and I feel like you might have even developed it far beyond the original Ranma story, enough to be considered completely separate in my mind. I'm only on chapter 9 due to college life, and the fact that I've never really been able to finish this kind of story. This may be because I really can only identify with the beginning and in-between part of things, as I'm definitely far away from the ending of my own journey.

Thank you for writing this amazing piece of fanfiction, and I wish you luck in all of your future ventures!
harlequin320 chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
great story, I liked it a lot, the ending very good, you wrapped it up nicely
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »