Reviews for Genma's Daughter
YurigirlzCrush chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
this story was recommended by a friend as something i'd like and I have to say she was right. I love the direction you've gone with this and look forward to reading more. something tells me this is a story I won't be able to put down until i've finished .
Guest chapter 14 . 7/18/2012
Awww, that was a nice heartwarming ending to this. The story itself was very good, had some great moments, and there was practically nothing wrong grammar-wise (brava instead of bravo being the only one I can think of off the top of my head). The story was a fun read, I went through the whole thing in less than a day, started reading it at work at 4:00 and just finished it now at 4:40 in the morning.

Despite how much I liked this though, there was just one flaw that I kept thinking back to the entire time, and that was how unrealistic Ranma's transformation into Ranko was. This is a person who has been male his entire life (except for a few years), and he accepts being female and wanting to stay that way within a WEEK of finding out? I know he angst a lot about it, but even then that just feels like it was way too fast, I was kind of surprised by it.

In addition, it felt like some characters changed their personalities too quickly for what was happening, Ranma especially changed drastically within the week mentioned above. Akane went from how she was in Canon, to being a very understanding and compassionate sister to Ranko.

Basically, everything just happened too quickly, and developed at a very accelerated rate.

Also, you kind of forgot about Ukyou at the end there, poor girl.

Like I said however, putting all that aside, the story was very good, and it held my attention the entire time. I especially liked how the relations between Ranko and Ryouga worked out, with Ranko slowly coming to learn her feelings for him throughout the chapters, and reaching its climax in probably one of the more heartwarming manners possible. It was just well written, I really enjoyed it.

Overall, great story, definitely adding this to my favorites.

Not sure if you care for my two cents however, considering this was written 12 years ago if the dates at the end of the chapters meant anything.
Connor Elric chapter 14 . 6/25/2012
This was amazing and I loved the story, It captured me from paragraph one and I haven't been able to stop! Could you do a sequel? It was absolutely amazing and I am sad it's over.
TippyToe Zombie chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
I'm thinking it would be interesting if you did an AU of this fic where Soun did bring Akane but Genma wasn't able to bring Ranko.

I am the TippyToe Zombie

I like to Limbo

Often I fall on people's heads
Shinkicker chapter 14 . 4/27/2012
Awesome story. I'm sure I could be picky about Ranko's development but I really don't want to be, and I can't remember what quirks I disagreed with. Anyways highly enjoyed the story.

/fav
Sharfan chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Well, I stumble upon this story recently in my attempt to find a good story where Ranma chooses to remain female, and I have to say that this is definitely the best one I've ever read. I loved your writing, which was on a professional level, and the way you developed everyone was amazing.

I had another, larger reason why I really enjoyed it, though. I have just recently (well, within the last year) realized that I'm transgendered, and this story spoke to me in ways that I never expected when I clicked on it. Everything you described, everything about how Ranko felt, matches how I've felt all my life. I don't know if it was meant this way, but it definitely brought up some deep feelings within me while I was reading it.

Sadly, however, it's only fantasy. No matter how much I wish it were as easy as falling into a particular spring, real life is much more cruel. I understand that Ranko wasn't really a boy to start with, but, if you ask any transgendered person, they might say the same. For their younger years, they thought of themselves as the opposite gender and didn't really realize what their sex really was until they start getting older. This is very similar to the way you constructed your story, so I'm honestly led to believe that this was all on purpose, which would call for applause for being able to convey so many things without actually coming out and saying it.

Well, at least I can continue daydreaming that maybe one day I might find the spring of drowned girl, and life may be made just a little easier for me. I won't hold my breath on it, though. I mean, there's still some small part of me that's also still waiting for that Hogwarts letter to arrive. . .

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that you've definitely touched my heart with this story, and I feel like you might have even developed it far beyond the original Ranma story, enough to be considered completely separate in my mind. I'm only on chapter 9 due to college life, and the fact that I've never really been able to finish this kind of story. This may be because I really can only identify with the beginning and in-between part of things, as I'm definitely far away from the ending of my own journey.

Thank you for writing this amazing piece of fanfiction, and I wish you luck in all of your future ventures!
harlequin320 chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
great story, I liked it a lot, the ending very good, you wrapped it up nicely
Chronos the Cat chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
This story has been one of my favorite fanfictions (heck, one of my favorite stories period) for years, and it's nice to finally be able to put it on my list of favorites at .

There are plenty of stories out there about Ranma living as a girl, but it's rare to see the subject handled with such respect and in such a realistic manner. In addition, the story is exceptionally well written.

Another thing I love about this story is how unlike most stories it doesn't have things getting worse and worse as things go on. Instead, most of the worst things happen early on in the story, and the rest of the story is about the recovery - and yet the conclusion is still satisfying.

All in all, a great story.
Poetheather1 chapter 14 . 1/2/2012
I love the ending. It has a very upbeat feel to it. Yay!
Poetheather1 chapter 13 . 1/2/2012
Ryoga's parents really are terrifying. Way to scare the girlfriend off. Parents no baka! Ryoga is stuck with other people screwing up his relationship keeping things working at standard Nerima funtime levels. Poor Ranko, she is in such trouble.
Poetheather1 chapter 12 . 1/1/2012
The stuff with Ryoga is really funny. And the bridal magazine bit is priceless. Excellent chapter.
Poetheather1 chapter 11 . 1/1/2012
This is one of my favorite chapters as it has Nabiki beating down the last vestiges of the Panda's thinking. An incredible bit there. Absolutely motivational.

An Ryoga is still pigheaded despite trading up the food chain.
Poetheather1 chapter 10 . 1/1/2012
The date was fun and plenty awkward. Sad Ranko in snow is pretty distressing however.
Poetheather1 chapter 9 . 1/1/2012
Ah... the challenge to push herself harder in violin. Good stuff.
Poetheather1 chapter 8 . 12/31/2011
The first period is hysterical, in all it's screwed up Ranma glory. Very fun chapter.
121 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »