Reviews for Star Mile
Patresa chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
It was nice adding little dialogue at the end. Gave it a nice finish.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
You're so good at capturing the unique dynamics of their relationship. Really wonderful story. Sad and hopeful at the same time (the way these two often make me feel). Thank you.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Loved it!
castiello chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Very impressive. Not many people can pull off second person, but you did it beautifully. This story smoothly and concisely captures both characters and their complex relationship. Well done!
Laury the Latrator chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This is beautiful in a heartwrenching sort of way. If it wasn't so late I'd use more detail but for now just know that I adore this. Okay, time for sleep.
lysjelonken chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Fantastic fic! Very impressed by this.
sparkky chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Oh WOW.

Let me start from the beginning, though. This is one of my favourite songs, and it has just screamed Jane/Lisbon to me since the first time I heard it, which was quite some time ago. I was so excited when you agreed to write this for me, but a little nervous about whether it'd live up to the weight of my expectations(!). (There are not many authors I'd have entrusted the prompt to!)

Let me assure you that it absolutely has, and then some - this was everything I was hoping for and so much more! You've matched not just the storyline but the tone and writing style so well to the song, and it's so beautifully in character to Jane and Lisbon too. I especially love the way you've described Lisbon's expressions and feelings throughout the piece, and the way you've tied it in to the 'eyes' part of the song.

And though I adore the whole thing, my favourite part absolutely has to be the ending. Though I love the song, it's so sad and angsty, so I'm thrilled that you've managed to have the plot turn the corner from that. The way you described Lisbon's *hope* was so potent and poignant. Now that I have this ending to associate with the song, I love it even more!

Thank you so much! 3
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
That was good, especially the last bit. :)
Kaoh chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
You know - I do believe this is what Jane believes. I think he doesn't think he is good for Lisbon - but he is too selfish to let her go - he knows that he gives enough of himself to keep her close - but not too close.

I'm sure that Lisbon is in a perpetual state of confusion over him as well - hope mixed with despair. Not necesarily over a romantic interest - but just over their relationship in general. Who would ever know where they stood with a person like Jane? she would feel responsible for him, tormented by his beahviour, frustrated at not being able to allow herself to trust him fully - even after all these years.

Thank you for writing this and provoking this train of thought :). It is all in her eyes. Good call.
Country2776 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011