Reviews for At World's End
Elennare chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
I don't think I'd read this story before... It's incredibly powerful. The way you convey what's really happening with the Medic (Is he a cousin of Michael's? It can't be his father, right?), while staying entirely within Demmy's head in the narrative, is brilliant.

"If you're going to save something it's too late to save, if you want to give me a miracle, save my world, not my eye."
"The futility of trying to put back too late and stop too far gone and watching eyes so much like yours fall empty."
The whole fic is heartbreaking, but these two lines especially encapsulate it for me... I can't imagine how much it would hurt to lose my sister in any way, and to watch her die? *shivers*

That last surge of an attempt to escape, to keep fighting, really drove home how much the DA were soldiers, how hard they trained themselves. And the ending... I don't have the words. Amazing.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
"Grownups in uniforms didn't come to fix things in the new world, no one helped but DA."

That sentence broke my heart.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
So much destruction.

She lost Colin and Anwen. I can't imagine losing my sister, especially not in that way and having to see it and somehow keep fighting.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011