Reviews for Le Bon Sauvage
eitherangel chapter 6 . 8/9/2012
I wish you could continue with the story. Its been a while but today I reread it again and Im begging you to give update again.
You story is one of the few best Frankenstein stories I ever read I dont want it to end here.

Please update and I promise you that I will give you another chapter of my fan-story soon :-)
Neraky chapter 6 . 7/3/2012
very well written ! It was a joy to read this , convincing .
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
I'm afraid I missed the Shakespeare reference (BAd Singsmore!) but I could never forget Colonel Georges Pontmercy and his young son Marius!
KiltedLass chapter 6 . 1/2/2012
Excellent story! And it's cool you bothered to research contemporary literature - not many do this, but it adds so much to the tone and the atmosphere.
eitherangel chapter 6 . 12/24/2011
You made a excellent choice by picking the name Andre! Short, elegant and nice! Looking forward to see hows the relationship is building between this strong couple!

Merry Christmas Tarja! :)
ColeAndPhoebeForever chapter 6 . 12/20/2011
Hi, thanks for the unexpected update!I really liked this chapter! You're the first fan fiction writer who has actually gone through a prosess-picking a name and then discarding it due to its meaning-instead of simply naming the creature the first name that comes to mind, whether in the first chapter or later. Don't get me wrong, most of the names fan fiction writers choose for the monster are very good, sometimes fitting, ones. However, I enjoyed your fascinating Let's-choose-the-perfect-name game, it was interesting to read!

Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year!

ColeAndPhoebeForever!
megumisakura chapter 3 . 12/12/2011
please update soon!
megumisakura chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
awsome chapter!
megumisakura chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
great story,please update soon!
ColeAndPhoebeForever chapter 5 . 12/12/2011
Hi! Merry Christmas!...thirteen dayss early! I LOVE this story and wish the novel was like this...oh well! I'm so glad the relationship between the monster and Hippolyte isn't slash, thank God. Brilliant idea: having his friend be a woman. I really liked this chapter, especially the creature's musings on spring. I really hope you continue the fan fiction after the holidays.

Merry Christmas again and Happy New Year!

ColeAndPhoebeFOREVER!
Suindara chapter 6 . 12/11/2011
Hi Tarja!

Thank you a lot for your effort: 2 chapters in a weekend!

I hope you have a great Holidays Season and know that we, your loyal readers, will expect beautiful updates next year!

Well, I liked very much the dialogues about names and I must confess that all that names made a bit aflict. After all, I am very used with Frankenstein's Monter names very epic and heroic and I thought to myself: if they chose a common name? Even Deucalion (Dean Koontz's choice) wasn't satisfatory for me. Fortunately you choose a very meaningful name for him. I loved it.

Another thing: I sensed some contempt of Andre towards Dr. Frankenstein, I think it is very natural of him because he was rejected. And he prefers being a French than being an German!I thought to myself: wow, our poor, unhappy kid is becoming a teenager!

And to end it: I liked that you could use historical data, when you speak about jacobines, royalists, etc. It enrichs a fiction very much.

Congratulations and a very Happy Holidays Season to you!
Suindara chapter 5 . 12/11/2011
Hi Tarja!

How good you updated your fiction, dear! I am very pleased and grateful for you keep your promise. It is a pity that you can make more updates only after New Year, but I am sure that they will be very beautiful like this.

I loved your chapter describing Spring, it must be lovely in Europe, all that contrast. As I live in a tropical area, these changes aren't so drastic. Marvelous.

And it is so conforting seeing how the thoughts of our Frankenstein's Monster are transforming because of Hippolita and Marie's support! It is almost an adoption.

Congratulations!
eitherangel chapter 4 . 12/7/2011
How great to read a new fanfiction story of Frankenstein! You really have a talent to write beautiul and give the poor creature both deepness and sweetness in the story.

I got really surprised myself that Hyppolyte is a woman and not a man. How old is she?

Keep adding! :) I want more
TheBlackPages chapter 4 . 12/7/2011
I was so excited when I first discovered this story. There aren't all that many in this fandom, much less many original ones. It seems to me they're all centered around some version of Elizabeth or another, pairing the Creature with her.

And so you can imagine my joy when I saw something based on something else. Oh how wonderful the story of male friendship, how glorious it could have been, if only you had remained on that path! I must express my deep disappointment when I discovered that dear old Hippolyte (and what a wonderful name choice, by the way) was a woman.

For me, the first three chapters of this story are a work of art. Very beautifully written, full of love and affection, for it is obvious to me that you love the fandom and you put your heart in the creation of these characters. And Hippolyte...well, he was such an interesting man. Endless possibilities there.

Must say I love Marie as well. For a small character, not even all that present, actually, mostly referred to, she made quite an impression (which makes me think you're at least a little bit versed in the art of writing, if not 'more than a little bit').

Call this flaming if you want, but I'll just stick to naming it 'expressing my disappointment'. I haven't been this disappointed with a story ever since I found out my favorite author (from another fandom) will not be writing anymore. Just what exactly made you follow this path? Lacked the courage? Feared people will not like it as much if it was about simple friendship or male friendship?

What lured me here was this bit from the summary : 'Upon fleeing from the old man's cottage, the Creature stumbles upon the path of a Napoleonic veteran who can accept him as he is.' All I can now hope is that you will not turn it all into some sappy romance, but bring forth memories of war, tales of old, play with feelings (but without repeating yourself), keep their mutual love of books in there and so on. Just like until chapter 4.

In the meantime, I'll patiently wait for the decisive chapter 5.
Suindara chapter 4 . 12/6/2011

Incredible twist, dear!

Fo me, this chaptert was very well built, becaust you connect Hippolyte's thoughts about Isis and Osiris and used it very smartly. And it is very touching that the friendship between them had been useful to the Monter's (I think you must name him urgently, dear!)because his urgency to meet his creator was gone.

And, although Hipolyta's revelation was shome kind of schoking (how I would imagine that Captain Lagarde is a woman?), it opens beautiful possibilities between them.

Congratulations and I hope that you can update it soon!