Reviews for Tulips
Direwolf Nymeria chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
great descriptions and euphemisms, you definitely captured james's personality :)
LabyrinthDweller chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I've read stories about James' turning point before, but none of them had put the vein of evil and crime that you put in it, and it made the story extremely enthralling and interesting, especially pulling through with not just one but two religious views on death and the life after. The comments put James' weary personality to the front and helped understand the raw, carnal anger that a lot of authors haven't thought about. Well done, great read.
LapisLazuli100 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Omg! :'-( Saint...that story was AMAZING! You're story's making me cry! You have hit on so many notes with death, dying; and the evil thoughts James has, as a reslut of 3 long hard years... this story really moved me!
Hushabye chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
The emotion you have poured into this is to the point where I can touch it- feel its beauty and its harshness. Yes, James loves Mary, but he is indeed tired of her. In fact, it almost seems like he no longer loves her, but loves and misses the idea of who she once was. He accepts who he is, a demon, a monster, which is a hard thing to do in and of itself. But then again, Mary never made it easy on him. She was an angel, his complete opposite. If only she would have died before he had to lower himself to such a level. If only she hadn't died in as ugly a way as she had lived.

Now I could be reading into this wrong, but the fact that James compares his struggle with Mary to wars and chaos and destruction simply shows his internal struggle with himself and his outward struggle with her, even before he killed her.

"He thinks of explosions, of buildings turned to rubble, of a mother trying to coax her dead child into wakefulness, and he understands everything. Everything and nothing."

I love that line.