Reviews for Father Figure
AllThingsInsane chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
I can imagine the fight between John and Bobby possibly being about the fight that Sam and John had about Stanford. I don't think Bobby would have kicked John out for just anything, because in doing so, he knew he would be severing his relationship with the two boys, too.
AllThingsInsane chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
Another beautiful chapter!

"Being a son, being a father, all I knew was pain, fear, shame." All thanks to his drunken bully of a father, Bobby felt like that, and his mother, even though during those times women didn't have the backup they do today, never tried to defend him and that couldn't have helped anything. I like the fact that Sam and Dean came into his life and that he could sort of "practice" being a dad and not have the full-time responsibility that John had of worrying about them.
AllThingsInsane chapter 2 . 5/19/2012
I'm a John fan too! I love him, actually, but he definitely screwed up majorly when he ordered Sam to never return if he left for college. I can just see Bobby kicking John's butt for that one. I love how Bobby automatically thinks of them as his. I can see them as one big, messed up family. I love in "Death's Door" you saw Bobby throwing the ball around with Dean, not the least bit concerned about training Dean like he should have been-like John ordered him to do. I love that Bobby just wanted to give the boy some semblance of normalcy.
AllThingsInsane chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
I usually don't review stories...don't as me why. I just favorite and that's all; but this chapter was just demanding to be reviewed. I feel like crying right now, especially after last nights season finale. I won't spoil in case you haven't seen it but that made me want to cry as well. Anyway, I love Bobby's character so incredibly much. John's love was more of a solider/commander type but Bobby's love was pure and the type of love a real father gives his children. To me, he was more than an "uncle" he was their surrogate father!
pandora jazz chapter 17 . 5/17/2012
I like Bobby's thoughts about Dean.

Though I agree with your AN. I think Bobby would not have changed so quickly and the show does like to worry us, but you know how I feel after Kripke's ending so still figure it will all end in tears.

Thanks for sharing another chapter with us.

Talk to you later.
sylia91 chapter 17 . 5/17/2012
I think they are pushing Bobby close to the line for dramatic purposes and I'm sure Bobby will be forced to pull himself back from the abyss in a big redeeming act of sacrifice in the season finale to bail his boys out. The promos are showing that Baby is back as well, woohoo!
irismay42 chapter 17 . 5/17/2012
I agree that Bobby is going vengeful too quickly - Tessa said in IMTOD it took years.

I agree with his assessment of Dean here though. The things he's been through and seen are bound to have left their mark on him, changed him. I hope next season he can regain some sense of optimism.
DJ Sparkles chapter 17 . 5/17/2012
You capture Bobby so well, I loved this one! Musing about Dean, unfinished business... perfect! Another great chapter!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 17 . 5/17/2012
great. :(, that's it, the show scared me off of coming back for S8, and possiblity bringing Cas back, :(. i cant handle another season of the same thing in S7;i'd be an idiot for a 3rd season, :(, and feel really stupid.
irismay42 chapter 16 . 5/14/2012
I like how you've pointed out that just because Bobby was a hunter doesn't mean he instantly knew how to be a ghost. While I can't see them making him flesh and blood again, I'm hoping he gets to stick around in his present incarnation!
pandora jazz chapter 16 . 5/13/2012
You did a wonderful job capturing Bobby's thoughts.

I will keep holding onto the same hope that the fans won't end up in tears again over Bobby.

Until next time, take care.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 16 . 5/13/2012
great
DJ Sparkles chapter 16 . 5/12/2012
Yay! Way to go, yet again! You are so tuned in to Bobby's psyche that it scares me a little *LOL* Can't wait for the next bit!
irismay42 chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
I certainly hope Bobby didn't risk becoming an angry spirit just for revenge. I'm sticking with the belief that his devotion to the boys is both the reason for him staying, and his saving grace, what keeps him human even when he's not.
astafir chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
Upset Dean... brilliant play of Jensen... and so understanding Bobby... Everything is in this short chapter... Thank you!
110 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »