Reviews for Father Figure
Hundley chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
Insightful thoughts from you,bjxmas, but I have to say that I think Bobby shadowing Dean 24/7 in the afterlife is just creepy as hell. They played all season with Dean having a parallel story to Sam being nuts and then they bring Bobby back. Gaslighting is NEVER a good thing. Unfortunately, I think the show is manipulating the audience again and that Bobby will be one person able to overcome all show canon that ghosts ALWAYS turns vengeful. The whole GhostBobby story has pretty much ruined the character for me. Sorry, folks, I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, though, Carver may be able to clean it up in some satisfactory way.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
grea 's been renewed for S8. i know
DeanCasLover22 chapter 15 . 5/3/2012
I love reading your thoughts as much as the chapters. :D Great stuff all around.
pandora jazz chapter 15 . 5/3/2012
I remember how everyone debated whether Bobby said yes to the reaper or not. I kept thinking he would stay if he could, but still a wonderful surprise when Bobby appeared in the motel.

I can't see this ending well, but there have been moments with the brothers I thought would be OK and then I ended up mad at Kripke. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) So maybe I will be surprised.

I enjoyed reading your (Bobby's) thoughts about his boys.

Thanks for sharing another chapter with us.
sylia91 chapter 15 . 5/3/2012
Having Bobby back is just dragging out the grieving process for both brothers but especially Dean who manages to absorb guilt for anything that goes wrong. With season 8 guaranteed I think Bobby's storyline may extend to next season. Would definitely prolong fan favorite Jim Beaver's presence on the show further, same for Cas and Misha I think.
Discerning reader chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
I have been enjoying all these "drabbles" and wonder if you are possible working on a regular length piece now? You convey such insight...I'd want to read more from you...well, I'm off to do just that!
pandora jazz chapter 14 . 4/8/2012
You did a wonderful job writing this chapter. Thanks!

I also love your comments at the bottom of the page. I have not agreed with everything Sera has done on the show while in charge, but she has given us some wonderful episodes over the past seven years. Your comments over on another site were perfect and I was going to add a thank you, but my lunch break ended.

I've enjoyed this season, except for a couple of exceptions. (miss the Impala and Bobby dying) I don't hate her like many fans seem too and if you remember, I don't hate Kripke, but I doubt I will ever forgive him for his final decision.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Take care. :)
DeanCasLover22 chapter 14 . 4/8/2012
Loved the update :D
SamDeanLover28 chapter 14 . 4/8/2012
great.i was very shocked at first when i heard and you're not the only 1 over-the-moon happy that he's coming back;i watch and i love the US version of Being Human. i might/am planning to give S8 a chance
irismay42 chapter 14 . 4/8/2012
I think Bobby's spectral reappearance has to rank as one of the best minutes in the whole of Supernatural's history! While I knew he had to still be around, it was so great to have it confirmed!

Now Dean just needs to see what's at the end of his nose!
sylia91 chapter 14 . 4/8/2012
The last scene of the last episode was amazing and the way it was filmed, superb. I saw the back of Bobby in the motel room and thought no way, they are going to cut right there and it would probably be a body double but no they panned around and it really was Jim Beaver! The cast and crew especially Jim Beaver totally punkd us fans and I love it! I too look forward to Jeremy Carver returning. Unlike some fans I had no issues really with Sera, she has penned some of my favorite episodes of SPN. I think anyone other than Kripke was going to be strung up and I don't envy that Sera was offered up as a sacrificial lamb. She was amazingly a good sport lampooning herself in French Mistake as this overlooked, powerless show runner. As involved as SPN fans are they can also wield a lot of power and be somewhat domineering. Kripke had thick skin and took it tongue and cheek but I sometimes was taken aback at some of the vitriol spewed Sera's way. My favorite character is Dean and Sera tended to write better for Sam but I still appreciated her excellent work. I hope she still will write for the show occasionally even if she is not on regular staff next season.
DeanCasLover22 chapter 13 . 3/26/2012
I really liked this. You so get Bobby. :D
astafir chapter 13 . 3/26/2012
Thank you so much for every chapter! Thank you so much for loving Bobby as much as I do! Thank you for seeing how much he loved those idjits and how much they loved him back! Thanks! It was a pleasure to read this story!
irismay42 chapter 13 . 3/26/2012
I'm glad you wrote this from the point of view of Bobby sticking around to watch over the boys. I truly think it's him looking over their shoulder every now and then!
pandora jazz chapter 13 . 3/25/2012
Wonderful way to wrap this up.

I love what you said about Bobby calling the brothers idjit just one more time so they would know he never left them.

I enjoyed reading this one, even if it was a sad topic.

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us.

Take care.