Reviews for Father Figure
sylia91 chapter 13 . 3/25/2012
After this last episode I am convinced that Bobby is still hanging around trying to help his boys. It can't be coincidence that stray breeze knocked over Bobby's contact black book just on the info that Dean needed to find Cas and save Sam.
pandora jazz chapter 12 . 3/4/2012
I like how you are trying to keep the hope alive that Bobby's spirit is still around to help his boys.

Thanks for sharing Bobby's thoughts with us.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 12 . 3/3/2012
great
Hundley chapter 12 . 3/3/2012
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Every one of them have been touching and shows the love you and we have for the Show.
irismay42 chapter 12 . 3/3/2012
I like how even handed you are in this chapter - Bobby thinking about how much Dean AND Sam need him (for differing reasons).
astafir chapter 11 . 2/26/2012
Sam was always back pretty soon! One way or another! :) Maybe that's why Dean's death hurt more...

Thank you! As always sincere and touching something deep down!
pandora jazz chapter 11 . 2/25/2012
I'm beginning to hope that Bobby is still hanging around and trying to help his boys.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
irismay42 chapter 11 . 2/25/2012
Don't go Bobby! (Nothing more coherent to say about that one!)
SamDeanLover28 chapter 11 . 2/25/2012
*tears*...

L.B chapter 4 . 2/25/2012
Heartaches all around. How is it that good writing makes people want to cry? :D

According to Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting, John had been missing on a hunt for a while, long enough that Bobby thought he was dead.

He tried to tell Dean, who wouldn't hear of it and ran away to look for John.

John found Dean out by the highway and took him back to Bobby's, after Dean told him what Bobby said.

Cut to the Impala peeling out of Bobby's driveway and Bobby firing the shotgun after them.

Just thought you'd like to know. Hunting really does get messy.

Keep up the good work.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 10 . 2/20/2012
love it
pandora jazz chapter 10 . 2/19/2012
I agree that Sam and Bobby had their own special relationship and bond. We all know that Bobby loved Sam like a son.

I still don't agree with Bobby (or Castiel) for not telling Dean about Sam's return from hell, but that is another subject.

I did wonder about this line (thought) from Sam, 'I never felt like I belonged in my family.' Is this why Sam left for college and wouldn't even speak to Dean, because he didn't belong?

You did a good job with Sam's thoughts. Always interesting to read.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Take care.
irismay42 chapter 10 . 2/19/2012
Aww poor Sammy. Bad enough those boys lost one father, but to lose two? When they've lost everything else?

I totally agree that Sam's relationship with Bobby was completely different from Dean's, and I think you've hit the nail on the head with the mutual respect for each other thing. Bobby may have shared a love of cars with Dean, but his love of books was totally something he shared with Sam. He gave him the Key of Solomon back in season 1 after all. You don't leave something that valuable with someone you don't trust and admire.
sylia91 chapter 10 . 2/19/2012
I agree that Sam did not need Bobby throughout his life the way that Dean did even early on. Sam only really leaned on Bobby later when everything was slowly being stripped from the brothers. Although Sam and Bobby's intellectual interests were similar if Bobby had a favorite then that would be Dean. In some ways I think that may have translated into Bobby being sometimes a little harder on Dean about his emotional walls but because Dean needed that kind of nudge from someone he trusted. I don't think Bobby felt close enough to Sam to push the same way and definitely Sam hid a lot more from Bobby than Dean. Dean is completely an open book to anyone he deems family. He will and can lie to anyone else but cannot successfully lie for long to that select few. As much as I mourn Bobby the impact would not have been the same if he had just been temporarily incapacitated.
astafir chapter 10 . 2/19/2012
You know, I love Sam, but mostly when he is with Dean. I believe that Dean gave Sam everything he could and though it's rational that Dean couldn't give everything Sam wanted I find it somehow selfish of him to... I can't really put my thoughts into words. But still this chapter gave me an impression that Bobby is great, and Sam belittles Dean's achievments maybe, or abilities or talents...

I already told you, I love your story... It gives opportunity to think a little about something I haven't thought before!

Thanks!