Reviews for FFTimeTravel
Gojosin chapter 15 . 4/15
This story has been... interesting. That's about all I can say, cause I haven't fully confirmed my own emotions on the story.
Nice story. I've never read a FFT story before (despite absolutely loving the game) because I don't want to open that can of worms and start desperately searching for the few decent stories likely to be contained in a fanbase this small (compared to Naruto and HP anyways) but I did because I was sick of checking to see if you tied up Tsunade'a Heir and noticing you finished this recently.

The ending is abrupt but satisfying. I can see how everything lead to this. By chapter 10 I was already certain the story would be over shortly. Your focus on the spiritual elements of the game and Ramza's philosophy was really cool. As was his suicide gambit to take out Ajora. An epilogue would be good but since it'd mainly be finding a mindless Ramza I can also see why you left it out. Any 'good' ending epilogue would just have people begging for a sequel.

I don't have anything to compare this to having not read any of the other FFT fics but I liked it for what it was. You did justice to the characters and the games themes.

Now please just write the last couple chapters of Tsunade's Heir. I'm begging you. It still remains one of the all time greats of the Naruto verse.
Asahar4 chapter 15 . 12/14/2015
this story the best.
meesterleon chapter 15 . 11/23/2015
I love it! It's a great chapter and I like the tragedy of Ramza's sacrifice. BUT! Please don't end this here. As it is, there's neither closure nor hope for the future that should follow the villain's defeat; the tale has ended but an 'end' has not yet been reached. As other's have said, I think you should add an epilogue.

You've stated that this fiction is an epilogue to the game but I think you're giving it too little credit. This is a great story of its own that explores its own themes and values, especially justice. I loved those monologues best, about Man not made to carry Death and the definitions of Justice, and are the most memorable parts for me thus far. It's also why I liked it when Future/Past Ramza tells Dycedarg that he would gladly scheme underhanded methods together even though he deviates from canon: the original Ramza (who takes an honourable path lined with thorns) was contrasted against Delita (who manipulates everyone in order to change an unfair system) to show that the ends do not justify the means; whereas in this story, Future/Past Ramza is a disillusioned man who believes that when he helps one person he must also bear the burden of hurting someone else and concludes it better to sacrifice The Few for The Many.

But in this final chapter you've introduced a new idea to your theme of justice. Young Ramza realises that the justice he thought he believed was not his own but Future/Past Ramza's instead. This revelation is not a problem in and of itself and does not entirely take the reader by surprise because nearly everything Young Ramza has is known to be 'inherited'. But you've left nothing to show for Young Ramza's own, new, justice. Nothing that says Young Ramza's rejection of Future/Past Ramza's justice is a choice we can agree with and feel happy about. As far as the reader knows, Alma and Ovelia both commit suicide upon seeing that Ramza is dead. And despite being a Time Travel story, you've told us nothing about how the timeline has changed or been impacted when Dycedarg dies before Balbanes is poisoned to death, when Ovelia must face a political war with new emotional baggage and experiences, when Altima dies before her servants the Lucavi can revive her! This chapter is not yet bittersweet, just bitter. This story does not have an open end, just a loose one, and it needs denouement.
Sethlas chapter 15 . 11/16/2015
Nice work.
La historia fue entretenida, algo abrupta en ciertas partes pero agradable y entretenida. El Ovelia x Ramza lo he leído en otros fanfics pero en este caso lo abarcaste desde la premisa de la amistad con Alma cosa que fue interesante... El único detalle que faltó fue la presencia de Delita o Teta (Tietra) que en ese momento ya deberían haber vivido con los Beolve.
Gracias por tu trabajo, saludos.
Enigma of Bishieness chapter 15 . 11/16/2015
This... well, I know you said you had the ending planned a while back, but in all honesty, that actually makes it worse. This is absolutely a Gainax Ending at its lowest.

Two-thirds of this story was relatively straightfoward, fun, and linear. Then suddenly the last few chapters crashed directly into a brick wall. In the middle of the highway. Even if you understood perfectly well as to what happened, you're still at a loss as to HOW it happened.

As it is, there are too many loose ends, too many questions that were introduced in the last few chapters specifically to go unanswered, and too little resolution. Although this story might be 'done', it is in no sense of the word 'completed'. At the very least, I as a reader felt completely abandoned.
Deathwings01 chapter 15 . 11/16/2015
If this is really it, then it is REALLY Anticlimactic. In a bad way. Even the original FFT, for all the mysteries and questions it left hanging, had more of an Epilogue then this.

The entire story was great but that big an anticlimax could very well ruin the entire thing in one stroke. This could really use a proper Epilogue.
crymblade chapter 15 . 11/16/2015
Now I REALLY want to know what Zalbag will say about THIS mess.
ByLanternLight chapter 14 . 11/16/2015
A succinct end. 5/5.
Genomaxis2005 chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
I'm surprised that you've brought the end so soon.
Could've sworn the the last chapter was up just this morning.
But wow what a journey this story was.
Seems that Ramza won't get the happy end where he lives with those he loves.
But this Ramza and alternate Ramza had fought quite long and hard.
I would say he has earned some respite but eh maybe in the afterlife.
Assuming current Ramza and alternate Ramza don't just get dragged into another life.
Wouldn't that just be kicking a guy while he's down?
Still anyway, now that the feeling has washed over, I'm imagining the end story for the others.
I'm imagining the ending for the others done to the same style as the ending of the movie Animal House.
Just something amusing and slightly cheerful to help things along.
But eh whatever I'm ranting and it's late now.
Thanks for finishing this journey.
garoorar chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
...

Well, That feels rushed. I mean, it was good that it ended compared to many other fics out there that just stop, but the ending feels contrived.

Oh well, that's life I guess~
Nameless Knight chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
This fic was amazing and I'm glad you wrote such an excellent piece.
JukedSolid chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
Is it over!? I'm very surprised. Really I am. I love how this story really captures the game in how it never ever forgets that the struggle was a cooperation. There was no team or chance without Ramza, Agrias, Orlandeu, and the rest. I also very much enjoyed the struggle of justice. In the wake of heinous deeds like France and Roseburg (which was quite close to me geographically as it were) it reminds me of how we cry out for perfect justice, but there is no perfect justice to be found at the hands of men. We ourselves are too imperfect. To me, I almost feel as though Ramza's soul sacrificing gambit is an embrace of that imperfection. He chooses to fight on anyway. That's true courage. I loved it. I hate that one of my favorite FF characters ever seems fated to fall leaving his own dreams and wants unfulfilled, but with an ending like this I can't bring myself to feel sorrowful about it. A tragedy yes, but not a waste. (Of course, that doesn't mean I won't wish for some silly epilogue in where he's able to survive because 'Future Ramza' was able to swap out with him in a final last ditch opportunity to clash once and for all with his final enemy, and we would get to see some fluffy moment between Ramza, Alma, and Ovelia.) Fantastic! Bravo! Encore! Whatever you want! Great job!
-JukedSolid
InfiniteDragon chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
Just one thing to say, but it's utterly not negative despite how it might seem at first glance:

I'm crying in a corner now (figuratively).
OneSwingOneKill chapter 15 . 11/15/2015
Hmmm, as always a good read. The ending was very ...abstract y and abrupt , but I can kinda see why in your A/N . This story is one of the best FFT story's on here and thank you for finishing it.

P.S
I too am a huge fan of the game , check out final fantasy hacktics website if you ever wanna play it again . The tools there make awesome change to the game