Reviews for Desperate Nonchalance
Zelda rules chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
True dat.
NiceXD
JackieStarSister chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Nice oneshot! You really summed up Mai's feelings for him well.

I liked this bit, "kisses all the heat and fire right out of his surprised face".

Also, "She's never appreciated the simple fact that firebenders are their element until now. She can't hold him, can't contain him, wouldn't dream of trying to control him. He stays within her grasp because he loves her and he doesn't mind that she clings sometimes. He seems to think that this is normal." I've never seen references to characters' elements in regard to Zuko and Mai, but it fits beautifully here.

Good job. Keep writing!
Private Fire chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Yes! Another great take on Mai and Zuko. It is true, she does hold onto him tightly. It is very insightful of you - she holds on because it is the only way she knows to show how xje really feels. And he is not the wiser.

Excellent.
0o0-The-Melodious-Nocturne-0o0 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Wow. Again. SO SORRY for the wait! *sighs* that's rapidly becoming my catchphrase...

Yay! ATLA AND Zai! XD What more could a shipper ask for? :) She does cling a lot in the series. I think it's kind of cute. XD Awesome Hun! You should totally write more! XD

Sorry for the uber short review. *headdesks* This totally deserves better!
FairladyZ2005 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Nice! I particularly like the line about how a firebender is like their element - unable to be contained or controlled. A really nice description.
aecul chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
"Actually touching him is probably suicide. So, of course, she goes and kisses him."

AWW!

That was so cool! I love how you made a story out of that observation. I guess I noticed that but never thought about it. She's so sweet in this story too. I really like how you wrote her. Also loved this line: 'He looks over his shoulder at her and flashes her that same smile that made her fall in love at the tender age of nine.' The last couple sentences were really good too.

Nice job! :D
bhut chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Aw, that was sweet! Go team Maiko!
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Psh! I don't need to look. It runs through my head like I have Netflix up there or something. The girl says truth.

The reasoning is sound, the plot amusing, and I can't wait until you get run over by the MackTruck full of plot bunnies and really get dragged into this fandom XD

'So, of course, she goes and kisses him. Wraps her arms all around him, the way she always does and kisses all the heat and fire right out of his surprised face. Then she turns around and walks away, trying not to look smug and knowing she's failing, utterly.' -'Cause I want more of that. And then once you get a little tired of writing canon couples (all awesome, every one), there's all the crack!ships.

Speaking of which, what's your opinion of a modern/high-Tech Jundao fic?
Devil-in-A-Redhead chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
You darling you! I did just now realize, she does wrap him up a lot. But either way, this fantastic. Understated brilliance.
Ilovebookshowboutyou chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Lol this was great and now that I think about she does do this alot and he lets her Gold Stars ***** _
Wolf skater chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
YAY! A fandom that I know about! this is really cute. keep it up!