Reviews for The Acute Mastery of Potions
Sherry-ShikaLover chapter 22 . 6/4/2015
It was really refreshing having the trio actually acting like children - their sleepover in the common room was pretty sweet. I also like the way you handled the whole Snape-is-Harrys-father plot so far which makes it stand out from other fanfics with that plot.
Angel chapter 22 . 2/20/2015
Love it keep going
Angel chapter 6 . 2/19/2015
Love it
phoenix-rob chapter 6 . 2/12/2015
Hermione needs to learn to respect people's possessions. If you are asked to leave it doesn't mean you have the right to look at someone else's property. Harry is also dealing with so much from Snape he doesn't need more input.
Samwise O'Keefe chapter 11 . 2/2/2015
Love the line about the ruler - made me laugh
2inchfish chapter 22 . 1/26/2015
Goals for the story:
1. Harry figures out that Snape is probably better than the Dursleys. Also he quits always assuming the worst about Snape.
2. This is a non-heroic Harry- there is no Vmort to destroy so Griffindor loses the house cup badly.
3. The trio quietly quit the divinations prank and take arithmancy in 4th year. (Ron would be good at that, I think.)
4. Epic meeting between Snape and Sirius. I'm looking forward to the next chapters.
2inchfish chapter 17 . 1/26/2015
Pyromancy isn't genetic, so how did Snape know what to do? I'm guessing that Snape did this once before, back when HP was a ickle baby. (Took me a while to think of that solution.)
2inchfish chapter 7 . 1/26/2015
Why was Dumbledore so upset about this incidence? He was upset before HP's body language showed that he was seeing new details for the first time in his life. He might have been upset since the loss of scar could represent loss of power. (Despite the whole rubbish claim that it is love that is the special something that gives HP power over h-w-m-n-b-n.) Or perhaps he just found out that Snape was HP's father. I'm guessing the latter.
2inchfish chapter 22 . 1/26/2015
Wait, did Hermione just cast a spell at Remus while they were hiding from him under the cloak? Ooh boy.

About Hermione, she has a lot of clues now about why Harry is so upset. And she knows Harry is upset about something specific since he burned the parchment (and her hands) before she could look at it.
-The "parent-teacher" conference was her biggest clue. And perhaps Harry gave away more in the story than he let on.
-Multiple detention without points being taken
-Mysterious detentions that HP lies about (cauldrons and classroom weren't cleaned) and HP's cut fingers
-Dementor Snape giving Harry the signed permission slip for Hogsmead visits.
-HPs new fire skills
-Harry behaving differently around Snape
-"Snape does everything for a reason, always with a purpose"
-Who bought Harry his glasses? His broom? Who would spend that kind of money on Harry?

Of course, the whole Sirius Black on the loose confuses things, and what person suspects that their best friend is actually the bastard son of their most hated potion professor, and that his appearance has been magically altered. But I bet Hermione's speculations have come pretty close before she decided it unlikely.
2inchfish chapter 4 . 1/26/2015
What is this "logical puzzle" that Snape made?
Who Are You What Do You Want chapter 22 . 1/22/2015
Astrido chapter 22 . 1/3/2015
very good and long chapter. love it.
i also love that you made harry more considerate about his actions, more grown-up.
and the changes to the plot are quite lovely.
SLegend chapter 22 . 1/2/2015
I love your writing. You're so funny! I've LOLed for realz several times. Love the banter btwn Harry and Snape. Fantastic story. I look forward to continuing to read.
Les Dowich chapter 22 . 12/30/2014
I have read a couple of your things and thoroughly enjoyed what I have read, so I am waiting to see how this turns out before I make any full reviews, just wanted to say I like your style and your humour.
liliumrosaline chapter 21 . 12/24/2014
First of all Mery Christmas..!
Thanks for one more awesome chapter. If you don't mind then I like to ask some questions like don't you think a little bit of Snape's POV is beneficial for the whole story? And when you are planning to reveal the suspense about Harry's burning ability ? When will Hermione and Ron knew Harry's Snape secret? Oh and I think you forgot about characters like Ginny. I missd her lot in this superb creation of yours. Please do something about her. And if possible please reply me.
One of your fan.