Reviews for The Acute Mastery of Potions
i ish shoopuf chapter 22 . 12/23/2014
An almost two year gap... Wow. Most would have thought it was abandoned. Well, I wish you well in this endeavor.
i ish shoopuf chapter 17 . 12/22/2014
"I also didn't want to have an awkward 'HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED THE NIGHT YOU WERE CONCEIVED IN FRIGHTENING DETAIL! SHALL I SHOW YOU THE LINGERIE YOUR MOTHER WORE? IT MAY BE A CLUE TO DEFEATING VOLDEMORT!' conversation...I've been reading random Severitus fics...there's a lot of people telling Harry about his parents' sexual habits...it's real weird."

"REAL WEIRD."

I loved that Author's Note. Or maybe it was just liked... Very, Very Much.
slee chapter 22 . 12/19/2014
I completely disagree with reviewers who claim the story is drawn out. The length and detail in this fic separate it from the majority of poorly written Severitus fanfiction. I don't read fanfic much anymore but this story will be one I check in on from time to time. I think you are doing an excellent job creating tension and developing the plot. Characterizations are also on point, especially Harry and Severus. You've captured the nuances of their personalities and inner conflicts really well. Anyways, keep on doing what you are doing. It's always nice to find a gem on .
2Lazy2Login chapter 22 . 12/19/2014
Been ages since you updated, I had to backtrack a few chapters worth to remember the story. Anyway, I like it, the small changes in the characters, especially in the Golden Trio's interactions really make this piece work. Hermione's got a sense of humor, Ron is kind of mental, and Harry's sarcasm is ever more obvious. That's the way characters should be written, with more flair!

I'm looking forward towards your next chapters, though I don't have any predictions on how it's going to go...I gotten kind of lost in the timeline again.
dianaanne chapter 22 . 12/21/2014
Enjoying the story. The parent-teacher conference really cracked me up.
Guest chapter 22 . 12/18/2014
Woot! Thanks for the update. As good as always, with extra length to boot!
liliumrosaline chapter 5 . 12/20/2014
Hi..
Awesome story.. I accidently found this story and caught myself hanging around each and every word.
It never occurred to me that one day I'll be reading such an interesting story which is so much focussed on Harry's feelings. The Harry in this story is much more similar to Rowling's Harry but Snape is little bit different but I liked his overall character. Till this chapter I loved each and every word you have written and I'm hoping that it will remain same for next chapter as well as for upcoming updates.
Thank you for such thoughtful storyline. .
Regards..
liliumrosaline.
al chapter 22 . 12/18/2014
Would be really nice to know whats going on with Snape and Dumbledore and just what they are how Snapes visit with the Dursleys went. Curious as to why Snape is still so awful to Harry?
Confusing at times , for example understanding what happened with Malfoys robes and the way it jumps right into that from something needs a sentance inbetween to change times and places.
Interesting to wonder how Sirius will take the news..badly and childishy I assume...as this gives him very little connection to Harry now..and he is a very selfish and thoughtless character that absolutely loathes Snape...the times Harry was attacked by dementors all are Sirius fault also.
Very much enjoying the story and look forward to more...hopefully soon.
Thanks for posting.
X
2 inch fish chapter 22 . 12/17/2014
Oh my. The plot thickens. Thanks for the update! It's been a long time...
But I wonder if you have ever considered making your chapters half as long and then waiting a week or two before posting the second half. It would double the quantity of reviews that this bubbling fun story gets - you should have 800 reviews on this well-crafted tale by now.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2014
Sorry but you are dragging it out way too long. I am not going to read seventeen chapters or something just to find out when Harry finally gets to see the potion results.
Raeigh chapter 9 . 12/18/2014
Hey, I'm not sure if you care (and it's really not important in the scheme of things) but Harry didn't know what the Death Eaters were (or that Snape was one of them) until the fourth book. Otherwise great story! :)
Miriam1 chapter 22 . 12/18/2014
There is a lot going on, here. Harry isn't sure what to make of the fact that Peter Pettigrew is showing up on the map, and because it seems to be the ghost of someone everyone "knows" is dead, the idea of the map showing him seems to scare Harry into believing that the map is dangerous.

Now that Ron and Hermione are reconciled with what is going on with their pets, I wonder if Remus will wonder about the distinct smell of Peter on Ron when he carries his pet with him everywhere.

I also wonder about Harry's relationship with both Snape and Remus. The fact is that Severus hasn't been acting paternal in a way that Harry would be able to appreciate it, even if he was probably the source for Harry's excellent glasses. It seems that Severus is allowing Remus to be more paternal to his own son.

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Severus was distinctly cruel, even when he knew that Harry was actually his son. He seems to have calmed down about it, but the fact is that Severus is still very cold. I'm aware that it would be too much to ask for the good professor to suddenly become lovey-dovey when he is still a cruel, cold-hearted jerk. Still, though, it would be nice to eventually see a little tenderness.

Eventually is the operative word, here.

In any event, I look forward to your next installation.

Sincerely,
Miriam
WhiteElfElder chapter 22 . 12/17/2014
It is good that Harry is learning to control fire, but what about creating it?
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 22 . 12/17/2014
wow!

linda actitud la de Ron,

me ha encantado
DarkRavie chapter 22 . 12/17/2014
I'm enjoying reading your story. It's very good and I can't wait to read what happens in your next chapter.
512 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »