Reviews for The Acute Mastery of Potions
kura-wolfgoddess chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
"Now you're just making shit up!" Do you have any idea how hard I attempted to not laugh? Even now just thinking about that line has me chuckling. :) I really loved this chapter, and the almost comical way you portrayed Snape. I have to say I positively adore the word choice you used to describe the way the magic interacts with Harry, how it "cuddles in his hand", seriously some great (and mildly fluffy) writing!
Ginseng Overdose chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
This story is so weird and funny. I love the way you've put this together. The main thing that kills me is how slow moving it is. Gah. That, and how much I think Harry should be standing up for himself and going to Dumbledore to ensure that Snape can't treat him like this.

In this instance, I actually think Snape is being crueler to him than Umbridge. She made him hurt his hand for hours on end. You can get over pain because it doesn't hit you on an emotional level. It only made him angry. Snape is taunting an orphan by dangling the possibility of family in front of his nose and never letting him get close enough to find out if Snape actually has anything. This is bullying. Forcing Harry to drink a potion that made him vulnerable ought to have been the last straw. It was dangerous and irresponsible of Snape to put him in that situation under the pretense of a detention. So, of course I was thrilled to be able to watch Harry burn Snape's things. D

It's too bad that I have a feeling that actually seeing the results will come as a sucker punch to the gut. Oh well. See you next time.
Weller4ever chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
I can't wait for the next chapter! update soon please )
mabidiso chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
OK, I still want to kill Snape, or have Harry punish him as cruelly as Snape has treated Harry (emotional torture). Yep, hurt the bastard, even though his detentions have resulted in some benefits to Harry. Don't know Snape's intentions, but his methods are cruel. So, if it turns out that this bastard is closely related to Harry, his message to the kid is that it's a fate worse than death in his eyes? Oh, I really hope Harry makes him realize the true hell that being related to him will bring Snape. And I don't mean as a target of Death Eaters and Voldemort. This requires a much more personal touch. Anyway, anger at Snape notwithstanding, there was a great deal of humor and even some beauty infused in this chapter. LOVED Harry's thoughts and feelings about being able to see and sense magic, and his new found wandless arsonist talents are fantastic! Lord love that kid. Favorite part, though is this that had me giggling like a squirrel on crack: "The eleventh night, Snape drew a giant pentagram on the classroom floor and had Harry hold clovers in one hand and a snake skin in the other while Snape chanted in a crazy language and lit candles.

That one wasn't so bad, the ritual also called for Harry to drink obscene amounts of tequila…though the whole voodoo aspect of the ritual left Harry checking himself over for delayed effects for two weeks."
Tsukinoko1 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Finally! Although I can probably guess what the results will be. Don't take too long.

Harry probably isn't the first kid to try to incinerate Snape in detention ;)
ruby chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Brilliant, why do I felllike he would hate the result?
Twiki25000 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
What a sneaky mystery you've got going on here. I totally LOL over the line where Harry considered asking Dumbledore to have Snape institutionalized, that was extremely clever.

I really hope you post more soon.

P.S. I think I might have worked out what has Snape spooked.
Brodus chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
This is a great story so I'm putting it on alert, update soon I can't wait to find out the results - money on it being Snape as father and like others said, he made Harry brew all those potions so there would be no way to deny it.

Merry Christmas!

regards

Brodus
Penny is wise chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Awesome chapter.
Phoenix1592 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
well Harry just has to behave, and he'll find out after his detention
Angel-Miyu chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
I love your story. I nearly peed my pants. It was soo hilarious. Tequila... to a minor? Im shocked Prof. Snape. I hope Harry keeps his new gift. I liked how he could feel the castle and everything.

And the Gryffindors should shut their traps. They backstabbed Harry enough, so why should he care.

Oh please update soon. I hate waiting. Patience is no virtue of mine.
Zireael07 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Ooh, it's finally coming to a close. Harry going furious and burning Snape's stuff is brilliant!
loretta537 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
this is great! i cant wait to see what will be on the paper and how harry will react.
gtbee8 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Oh I can't wait for the results of the potion
Hershey Kissed Me chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
I really love this story and parts of it have had me quite giggly...'now you're just making shit up!' ect.

you're a very good writer though and i eagerly await the next installment
528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 .. Last Next »