Reviews for The Acute Mastery of Potions
mabidiso chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
This is excruciatingly slow moving, and you're KILLING me with the build up! So few chapters in and I already want to torture Snape until he just curls up and sobs into his enormous pillow every night. Aaaaaaargh! I'm so MAD at him! I can't decide if you're trying to set it up so that Snape is Harry's father, or close relative, or if it shows Sirius as a close relative (would any of these magical methods show Harry's relationship to Sirius as his Godson? And what's up with these memories from his infancy popping up now, of all times? Did his encounter with the Dementor, which shook loose his memory of his mother's and father's voices, also shake loose these other memories of a big black dog licking him, and of twin suns (I thought that referred to James' glasses reflecting, but now it seems it must mean Remus' eyes)?
YeahYouWannaKnowMyName chapter 4 . 12/17/2011
Que Snape hovering! Lol, Snape would make the best mother hen, don't you think? Most would sooner commit self-immolation rather then disobay him. And Cheshire cat!Snape, that had me rolling. You are brilliant.

Weller4ever chapter 4 . 12/17/2011
Great chapter!
Zireael07 chapter 4 . 12/17/2011
Ouch. Snape really is nasty. How long until they finally realize what's going on?
KiwiClover chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
I'm incredibly grateful that I stumbled upon this story. You seem to have a knack for these characters (I haven't seen them so true to the books in a fanfic in a long time!) and have a really intriguing storyline.

I'm very much looking forward to the eventual 'reveal'... *grin* ... but more so than that, I'm loving the frustrating (poor Harry!) journey there. You've got it all: Snape being utterly Snape-ish, Harry being a perfectly-written 13-year-old Harry, mixed with a bloodline conspiracy and wrapped up in the mystery of the third book (which to this day, is my favorite). All in all... it's brilliant. Well-written and wonderfully executed!

Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to the next update. :)
Phoenix1592 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
you're really dragging this out Severus.

Just how many potions are there, that you intend to have Harry brew?
dexterZ chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
hmm..something different but doesnt seem to make any sense to me so far. will just get back to it once it does. cheers
Wilmon chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
I really like this story. Keep on writing!
Tryptophan36 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
Let me just say, that the scene involving the trio all eating off of one plate and smacking one another's hands with spoons was just perfect. That is how I like my trio! AS very adorable and evocative image.
Fireotaku18 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
O God So is Snape his father or not? Its driving me nuts!
Lon Wolfgood chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
:P You and Snape are so evil... delaying things...
Fawkes1725 chapter 3 . 12/15/2011
I like it! Snape is very cruel withholding that information from Harry like that, but I guess it is a punishment. I hope he shows Harry the results at the end of his sentence. I'm sure Harry will be quite surpried with the results! Anyhow this tale is off to a great start and I look forward to more.
Zireael07 chapter 3 . 12/14/2011
I wonder what happens next...
Rori Potter chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
That was brilliant. Update soon.
taxzombie chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
Right now it's gotten to the point that I feel like I'm in detention. This being the third chapter where you have him brewing potions but not being allowed to see the results.

I'm to the point that I am tempted to stop reading it until a couple more chapters are posted so I can check if you've finally allowed him to find out his heritage or not and if it indeed a tale wherein Snape is either related or god forbid, his father.
519 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 .. Last Next »