Reviews for Ain't no Rest for the Wicked
Quelthias chapter 2 . 9h
I love that the author isn't just copying death note and making their own story.
I will be following this.
Zela3 chapter 12 . 9/2
Ooh if we readers get a vote on that I totally vote for the L/Harry pairing. I feel it's set up that way what with Harry leaving his minions to watch over L. Plus he's technically gone on a date with him that one time at the restaurant...either way, I can't wait to,see what happens next! Is Harry going to tell L that his mother is alive or is he just going to leave it as is? And is Harry going to try & keep Light from killing L in the end by changing the rules in the death note or is Light just never going to find out L's true name? Or is Harry going to insist on Ruyk taking L's place to keep his friend/lover around?
Ambiguous Cake chapter 12 . 8/31
I'm fine with either, but since you intended a pairing and already laid the groundwork, it seems a waste not to use it. And the reason I like this story is simply because it's interesting and you can wrote well, lol. I like seeing Harry deal with the aftermath, L being super confused yet still determined, and light getting whatever is coming to him. So, if you continue this story, thank you! And if you don't, what I've read so far is still really interesting and we'll worth the read
Ambiguous Cake chapter 7 . 8/31
I'll put a bigger review at the end, but that last line reminded me of the movie now you see me, where the magicians are committing crimes and outwitting the police, only for the main cop to be the one giving them the crimes to commit. They think they're the smartest ones in the room, but they aren't. And now I continue
L/Harry but I prefer Tom/Harry or even Tom/Harry/L...Unless Harry some how combines himself with Tom because they're two halves or whatever.
Joneh Adam chapter 12 . 8/29
The L/Harry pairing is what attracted me in the first place. Then the ingenious plot kept my interest. And then the words that wove their tale made me think and wonder. And the hidden details, they made me remember this story for months without needing a physical reminder. (I'm such a sapless poet ugh)

And I'm so flattered that you named me in the previous chapter-hyperventilated for a few minutes, actually. I actually, inspired? someone to write...?! I feel thunderstruck.

I was thinking how the slash would work. It's a bit odd and the scale feels unbalanced when one partner is too powerful and the other-basically a muggle. I feel like the next chapter is going to come with a few L upgrades which makes me thoroughly excited.

I'm so happy once again that you are updating this! Please continue. Cheering you on!
Softie chapter 8 . 8/29
I remember reading this the FIRST time- and how my heart stopped at the last line of this chapter.

Ten times reading it over, and it never gets old.

Do you know how much I love you for updating? I'm pretty sure I gave you half of these anonymous reviews begging for an update. Thank you so much.

I sound pretty wimpy and stupid right now, but I can physically see Harry. He's so true to his character that it surprises me how you can right such an apathetic man. His pain and fear has become my pain and fear so kudos to you for that. You really have talent, mate. Please keep this up! I'll never stop reading your stuff.
DarkAdarah chapter 12 . 8/28
I'm loving this sroty so much! MOD!Harry charms me something hard you know...xd And for the slash...I wanna see a kiss between Harry and Light hahaha Really I don't know why but I want it. And yeah...tottaly slash L/Harry...And how about Harry scares Misa shitless? Please! .
RosieDunne chapter 12 . 8/27
me encanta tu historia, gracias por compartir.
Lee chapter 12 . 8/26
I am pro L/Harry. I love your writing btw! :)
EnderVale3264 chapter 12 . 8/25
F*ck, this story was awesome~~
Please update soon. :)
(L/Harry, but I don't think I would mind much if it's platonic )
Thanks
Bai
-thehatdrawls
HallowsHeretic chapter 12 . 8/24
I completely adore how whimsical this story is. As well as the unique and fantastical vocabulary you use. Making Harry the Living God was satisfyingly simple and clever. I think you would make L and Harry a cute couple, with Harry being a enigma and L being a balance of logic for Harry's logic-less life.

;Much love to you and your writing :3
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 12 . 8/24
Hmm, maybe a L/Harry kind of thing but more platonic, or it develops a bit but stops until Kira's taken care of, or maybe they're really together and it's significant but it's not a HUGE focus- maybe one of those kind of things?

I personally like this story because it's entertaining but also a bit deeper. Harry struggles a bit with the decisions he WANTS to make verses those he thinks are RIGHT... while he figures out what RIGHT even is. And who HE is, as master of... all the stuff. haha
Also, this story's just got good writing. It's fun to read a story I can sink into, and not be distracted by major grammar/spelling, or them "mary-sue" or "arrogance" vibes... ya know? :P
I like Harry's characterization, too, and the contemplation. And how you've merged both worlds here and not made one better than the other, if that makes sense- no bashing. xD

I'm looking forward to another chapter! :)
Thanks for your work so far.
~AP-C
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 8 . 8/24
I like your beginning authors note in the next chapter. I agree; while I like BAMF Harry, your characterization of him is much more like how I'd picture canon Harry to be. He really wouldn't WANT to go all Gode-mode and judgmental on everyone. And that's the beautiful complexity about this story! :3 heh.
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 7 . 8/24
Ehehhee.
This is looking pretty good.
1,832 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »