Reviews for Ain't no Rest for the Wicked
MXBS chapter 12 . 1h
Its an awesome story, headache inducing but enjoyable all the same. as for the pairing I am kinda seeing something is going on between Harry and L hopefully that would become more as the chapter/story continues. here's to hoping for a chapter soon! XD
Me chapter 12 . 1h
This is wonderful! Now, make some slashy romance happen!
Echo Moon chapter 12 . 3h
this is so good! i have literally stayed up all night just to read this i cant wait for more! also, i very much hope you decide to write this as L/harry because that it my otp of all otps and theres jsut so little fic for it! oh gosh i just like this fic so much your writing style is so nice and enthralling please update soon!
MochiofDoom chapter 12 . 12h
I personally think that if you add the pairing, it would add a splash of color that would just make it all the more interesting, so go for it! I personally never liked Death Note slash, because with how much of a masterpiece the story presents itself, it has to be made just right or it falls flat on its face. However, with how you've set it up so far I think that it really would work.
firedog1235 chapter 12 . 19h
I'm not a fan of slash at all but, I would still read it. Great chapter by the way
highonbroccoli chapter 12 . 7/4
As wonderful as this story is, I've come out with a blistering headache and most likely an hour to be spent on my (or other's) questionable morals. Bah, I give up. Food it is. Hm.. I'm babbling- that's never a good sign.
Clams-and-Rainbows chapter 12 . 7/3
Gosh, Ireally love this ;) As for pairing/no pairing, I like the way their relationship is right now, and I can't imagine someonelike Harry, who is now apparently super powerfull (and pretty detached of some things) to begin a normal realtionship with someone...
That being said ,neither Harry nor L are normal,sooo...
I guess I think it might be more difficult to make it into a working relationship, rather than just endless pining?
njchrispatrick chapter 12 . 7/2
This is a very good, extremely interesting story. I have to say that my favorite part of it is Harry's siding with L, albeit not completely. Ironically I had been considering an idea like this today before I even read it; I am nearly through Death Note, having just reached ep. 26, right after L dies, though I am not 100% sure he has.

Anyway, the magical inclusion, as well as the Death King/Living King is extremely interesting. It certainly adds a level of depth to the story. As for slash or non, I would say neither; I enjoy alluding to it but leaving it up to the reader to decide, or even making it one-sided.
Alovic chapter 12 . 7/2
Ack! I love this story. Really. It's my second favorite Harry Potter/Death Note crossover, the first belongs to Martyrdom and Paradox... though a good chunk of that is just because of the length, fluff and because it's completed.
I'm really liking your characterization of Harry, though I do wish that he would just give into his desires and drop-kick Light. Hopefully groin-stomp him as well... I don't like Light. L probably needs to get kicked in the shins a few times as well.
Having Harry reveal his status as Death God to L so early on in the story was a bit off-putting. Honestly, I was kind of hoping that Harry would just screw over Light's plans by just existing because... Potter luck. That would have fit better in a more humor or satire-based story though. I guess I was also hoping for more interactions with Light since it sounds like they're just going to be separate, but we'll see... as long as you continue the story. Seriously, it's lovely. Also, I personally prefer no pairing usually, but L/Harry is would probably be better in that Harry is adorable. So, L/Harry, or... Larry? Hawliet? Whatever you call it...
Pairings please!
No pairings
Dragonlily22 chapter 12 . 6/30
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please update THIS, and your OTHER stories, again SOON! Thank you!
BlackNoSugarh chapter 12 . 6/29
Oh it would be lovely if there was a bit slassh mixed in 3 This is one of the few fics where I don't have to be worrying about the romance taking over the whole story since the plot has already carried this far soundly and the buildup you're doing right now make it clear its going to be staying interesting for a long long time too.

But really, I'd advice you to write whatever feel natural no matter what us readers say :)
I've actually been following your story for a while now. It's quite good; the confusion from harry on what is right is refreshingly honest. The perspectives and assumptions of characters are interesting and in character. I love how you portrayed the death gods. As for the pairing, It looks to me like you, or perhaps even your characters have already decided how that'd go. Personally, I find forced pairings to be somewhat jarring and unpleasent to read. I do like the comadery forming between L and Harry, though. I'd vote or friendship - which is what it's looking like to me. It'd be pretty exciting too, I think. Having L to talk to gives Harry someone living to help figure things out or even just give him a dose of reality. I'd say hermione does that, but Harry is reluctant to merge his life as King with his old life and so would not be honest with her at all. Also, Poor harry has enough on his plate to deal with without romancing a mortal. Not to mention the fact that you've been hinting him to be more and more detatched from strong personal feelings towards the living. That could change now that he is King of Life, but it still seems like it would be out of place.
Alas, I am but one of many readers of your wonderful story. My advice as a writer myself would be to follow whatever your characters are inclined to do, rather than what you feel obligated to have them do. If it doesn't feel like something they would be doing, it probably won't seem like it is to the reader either. Good luck!
- L. Pancakes
dainarysblackthorn chapter 12 . 6/26
From the very beginning, you've said it would be harry/L, and is tagged as a romance and the two main characters are harry and L. If you decide suddenly that there is no romance anymore, i think you would dissapoint many readers that followed your story till now. But hey, it is YOUR fic,do what you want. It would be nice to see some Light/Harry interactions , you are a very good writer.
1,777 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »