Reviews for Ain't no Rest for the Wicked
Anon chapter 13 . 1/5
I actually really enjoyed this, which is not something I expected considering I don't really know anything about Death Note except the basic premise (and the chip scene; no one can forget the chip scene). That being said, I don't think I'll pick up the story again if you continue it. The way this chapter ended leaves it so beautifully open-ended that I think I might be let down if you write something else, and I don't want the story to fall in my esteem.
cincinnatus18 chapter 13 . 12/29/2017
This fic is giving me an existential crisis. God, why.

Anyway I really like this fic, I’m glad I jumped into the HPxDN abyss despite never having watched Death Note and only knowing the vaguest bits - Light gets a book and tries to kill everyone self righteously thinking he’s making the world a better place, world renowned detective tries to stop him (Ryuk nearly gave me a heart attack when I looked him up wow I didn’t need that) because MoD!Harry getting involved because of paperwork is priceless
Guest chapter 13 . 12/18/2017
Ugh! I should have known... I should have known - after first fucking four chapters when I decided it's genius and I fucking love it so much - that it won't be continued. Pain, despair, where's update?, suffering. Please update.
Mirage chapter 13 . 12/5/2017
it is sad that you did not write more chapters to this Story since nearly a year...but i hope you come back soon to write more and finish this story

it is interesting to see how the Story growth and changes how some People get a different way and go where they Need to be...
how Harry slowly learns and sees and growth up, how he accepts his Job or place but still Looks for more answer..
light Needs to grow a Backbone and grow up, the same goes for L...but he is already changing a Little bit. but i still think they Need to grow up after a good kick to there behind...killing l does not help light...he will loose the more or less only interesting perso who is at his Level of intelect... and could be a friend or more...but i dont see any of this two as Partner for Harry, yes one or boh together in some years, when they found there Backbone did grow up to the powerful men they could become...but they are now to childish...

will Harry ever go in the void for a visit? to learn more, maye even make the world he rules over more or less more in order and lively...atleast i think it would be something missing, they only do what they want but have no order it is chaos and decasing world..not sure if the shinigami or death god world always did look like this but i dont think so...maybe thats why Harry is what he is

would be interesting to see where this goes, and i hope the two iiots make the right choice and grow up to get atleast a bit egal to Harry he Needs intelligent strong partner
Mirage chapter 5 . 12/4/2017
innteresting Meeting, but why id they pull grinddelwald out of his ...normengard jail...to kill him, he is old , he would go in some years...why not give him the peace...i mean over 70 years in more or less full isolation is punishment enough
Hexenbiest chapter 13 . 11/30/2017
Aaahhh!
I want more! XD
Hexenbiest chapter 12 . 11/30/2017
I really like this fanfic.

I'm kinda surprised, and not really, that the Shinigami named 'Arma' hasn't been in any fanfics.
Though like I said, not really, because she was only in the film series.
I really liked her design, it resembled Sidoh with the 'robed' body and insect-like arms. I also really liked that her death note was white with black letters instead of black with white letters.

She died when she sacrificed herself to save the life of someone on taskforce.
While dying, she told the L's successor that she did it to save someone that he cared about.

Her favorite food was grapes.

. /revision/latest?cb20170527210335
Guest chapter 13 . 11/14/2017
worst fic ever don't read pointless storie don't read
ShadowWolf626 chapter 13 . 11/6/2017
this is utterly fantastic I love it, I love how flawlessly you've blamed the two world's together. I can't wait for more
the-darker-side-of-things chapter 13 . 10/13/2017
I need more!
tryliter chapter 13 . 10/4/2017
y'know hallow refers to something of reverance and holy or divine significance...so your great epiphany is untrue.
Ryuu842 chapter 13 . 9/26/2017
This story is absolutely stunning!
Failisse chapter 13 . 8/28/2017
I don't know why you think this fic is bad. It's amazing! Truly, so much about this story really strikes a chord.

I also feel that if Harry was handed more power he would not want it. And the addition of Grindelwald being like a foil of Dumbledore to Harry in the Shinigami realm is brilliant.

I am seriously enjoying how grey area focused this fic is. Because good and bad really depends on people. What would have been good a long time ago is considered bad today or vice versa. It's all a matter of people's perspective. Ryuk isn't wrong, he's just being a jerk about it.

I also love how Harry got caught in the middle of L and Light's game. How Light was flirting with him was both hilarious and a little morbid because it felt a little like Harry was being wooed by Voldemort in a sense hahaha.

Though in fact I'd think Light is even more wicked than Voldemort. Because unlike Voldemort, Light grew up in a privileged, peaceful, and loving household and he still turned out corrupt. Though I guess bad seeds sprout just about anywhere.

And this idea of Harry looking for answers but not finding any solid ones. Not from the original Death, not from Dumbledore or Grindelwald, not from Voldemort, etc. But I guess it makes sense that not everything has an answer or maybe the answer is something not meant for us to understand. Not even for beings like Wizards, Shinigami, and Death. I kinda like that obscurity. How there is always mystery still left in the Universe for us to contemplate but never fully grasp.

In any case, I think your story is stunning and you're being way to hard on yourself! I am enjoying this fic most thoroughly. Please continue to update!

P.s. I'm hoping for an L/Harry pairing. That spark has already been lit in my mind since L's fascination started with Harry. _
BasicallyComplicated chapter 13 . 8/14/2017
holy crap. this was AWESOME.
Antonoir chapter 13 . 7/23/2017
Continue the good work.
Great story by the way hope you did not abandon it.
2,052 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »