Reviews for Bête Noire
So much for it not being nine months. _RO-VAN
PhantomReviewer12 chapter 16 . 1/20
I absolutely love this story! After finishing all 16 chapters, I can truly tell you that it was certainly worth losing some major sleep (because who needs sleep? Ghosts certainly don't which I so happen to be one! ;)
Honestly, at the end I sooooo thought Vanitas was going to give into his desire for Xion and finally kiss her! Like he was going to be all, "Just looking at her perfectly shaped mouth, I started wondering what they tasted like. Did they taste of freshly washed strawberries on a hot summer day? Or sickeningly sweet like the richest and finest chocolates you could ever taste? Before I realized where my thoughts had led me, I had leaned forwards slightly and felt soft lips pressed against mine.
(Italics for his thoughts) Oh s****! What am I doing! I'm so f'in (insert f word for f'in) stupid! But... Still... They taste sweetly cool like ice cream... But had a slightly salty aftertaste... Kind of like her ocean of tears had forever stained her lips...
Opening my eyes, I immediately locked eyes with her sapphire ones. Quickly parting my lips from hers, I inwardly groaned as she must have kept her eyes open the whole time.
(Italics) Greeeeeat. She must think I'm a f'in pansy who takes advantage of girls whenever they come over even more so than before... Though I guess she wouldn't be all wrong.
Glancing at her crimson face, she just stared blankly at me for the f'in longest time. Feeling a blush start to appear on my face, I turned my head away before saying, "You got a problem pipsqueak?" to which she just slightly smiled her mournfully beautiful smile."
Sorry... That was my imagination going wild! Did you like the sea salt ice cream reference? Ahhhh how I do love fluff... But drama and angst definitely compel me to read more! Love it when authors have complicated yet sweet love as well. I feel you could almost classify Vans and Xion's growing love as pure... Almost in the sense that they both seem so... Afraid to love or be loved...
Well more onto you and your masterpiece, I really hope you'll come back and complete the wonderfulness that is this story! I just adore VanShion stories but this has been a truly different experience. I can't explain to you how much this has really spoken to me. The characters are just so imperfectly perfect and hauntingly beautiful, they truly make me feel human. Their ups and downs and deep set regrets that are ingrained into their very being give so much... Life into this story! The character's aren't overdone (sounds like we're baking now!) and are set up perfectly to where they just play off of each other's strengths and weaknesses. Like the combination of sweet and salty! Sort of like a pretzel dipped in cinnamon (can you tell I'm hungry?)! Anyways, not only are the characters believable and completely relatable, but it's also set at an amazing pace! Leaves me wanting more! Now I just want an update so bad! Anyways back to the awesomeness, I also want to say congrats on leaving people wanting more even with so many chapters already out! Not many authors can keep a crowd interested for a long time before they become uninterested, but you... YOU command readers attention! And honestly, if readers pass this jewel up, then it's because they have yet to mature enough to grasp the concept and great weaving abilities you possess. A good author leads you through a storyline, a great author creates a world you can experience. You are the latter.
Seriously please don't let this just hang! It's so much better than old laundry on a line! Please please please tell the rest of Vanitas and Xion's story! I want to know if Van and Terra ever become friends again or at least if they make up! Who's Zexion? Will Lea come out of his coma in the next chapter and be the surprise guest? Who took Xion's virginity? What does Riku know about Xion that Vanitas doesn't? Is Xion just holding a deep guilt over murdering someone who she didn't either intentionally mean to kill or didn't kill at all but felt she had a hand in their death? Will Van ever be able to get in the good graces of Cloud's tough wife, Tifa (btw love FF too! Perfect representation there too!)? Does Cloud have a secret past about an accident involving his own motorbike thus trusting Van with the keys! Will Cloud punch some sense into Van when he needs it most making Van understand that he (Van) is NOT his father? And will Roxas ever forgive Van! Who's being kisssssssed! Roxas kissing Xion, Xion kissing Van, Sora kissing Kairi, Riku kissing Xion, Aqua kissing Terra! Soooooo want to know! Please don't leave my imagination the way it is! I have to know how you would think the kiss would go especially if it's the two I'm thinking of? Ahhhhhhhh don't leave me like this! Pleaseeeeeeee update as soon as possible. I'll wait forever (hopefully it doesn't take that long though). Also I hope this review lifts your spirits a little and that you've gotten over that rough patch.
Sirenightsparrow chapter 16 . 9/14/2014
Hurray stories awesome
keys of fate chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Hey man can you PM me, I need to talk to you. :)

Update soon.
PandaStrawberry chapter 16 . 6/19/2014
oh my god i pulled a one nighter on the chapters so far whY MUST IT END
this is great!! MY BABIES ARE SO BROKEN I NEED TO WATCH THEM HEAL EACH OTHER YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
Nikaidou chapter 16 . 4/19/2014
Blimey, I'd half forgotten about this ol' thing, and thankful for the recap! But that aside, this was an interesting chapter, and it was great having V and X have that 'game', giving a bit more info on both their mysterious lives. Keep on writing, as always! Oh, and hope that you got over whatever that 'rough patch' was okay.
THATweird-fangirl chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Ohh! Your writing and story is amazing! I am so glad I found this and so glad that YOU have written this! I love the way you wrote Vanitas and all his perspective. There's just so much to love about this story I can't express it all. Its been such a long time since a found a great fanfaction in a long time and i came upon yours. Your story had me going all types of feelings, your doing an amazing job and I hope you keep going!
Gameplayer23 chapter 16 . 4/7/2014
Yo, I happened to see this story today and spent about an hour reading until I got to the latest chapter, and all I could say is:

Thank you for making this story. I was kind of hoping that some people would make some stories about Vanitas, portraying him as a person from their own views and not the canon personality. I also love how you portray the demons that Vanitas and Xion deals with in their lives. (Reminds me of the song "Demons" by Imagine Dragons. :) ) These days, when I read the summaries of some stories I'm browsing in this site, I felt like there's no more hope for this generation anymore, most summaries just simply bother me because of their grammar and plot, others simply do not make sense. There were only a few stories left on this site that managed to snag my interest. But then I saw this story. It got me curious, since I don't read these kind of stories that much, plus at the fact that I haven't seen a good story in a while now. I decided to read it. As I got deeper into the story, I realized that it's been a long time ever since an author from this site managed to make me feel intensely interested in the plot, the characters, everything. And so, here I am, thinking that you deserve to be known in the writing world, that this story deserves to be published somewhere, and that you have GOT to update! I'm being impatient, I know, but I can't help it! I know that life sucks sometimes, but it is also very beautiful. So once again, thank you for writing this story and making me feel like there is still hope for everyone in this broken world. (Gosh, I'm such a pessimist... Sorry.)

Just keep moving forward, my friend, and you'll be alright.
-Gameplayer23

PS: A question for the characters eh? Sadly, I don't have one. Sorry about that. I'll see you next time.
Zack1187 chapter 16 . 4/2/2014
Awesome chapter. I really liked us finding more about Van, and Xion, and them also finding out more about each other. I'm really sorry or whatever made you feel shitty, that must have really sucked. And my question would be for Xion. Why did she decide to start speaking to Vanitas now, why open up to him now of all times?
RO-VAN chapter 16 . 4/2/2014
i love it I love it I love it.
ken08002 chapter 15 . 2/3/2014
My God this story is incredible. It pains me to see that such a powerful story isn't updated that much but I guess it takes time for something good to happen. I really do hope you have the chance to update again soon. This is the type of story that still keeps me devoted to fanfiction. Plus i am dying to see if there will be any progress possible for Vanitas after all that he has done. So please update soon if you can, the story is amazing.
The Key to the Twilight Soul chapter 15 . 12/10/2013
Continue dangs it! Love it, but please finish it! :]
PinkParadise23 chapter 15 . 8/23/2013
I really like this story! I like how the characters are not out of character. I love mysteries! I finished reading the whole thing in a day and I'm looking forward to the next update. Please update soon! :)
Wajdaan chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
This was AMAZING! I loved it. :)
Cafe.nina chapter 15 . 7/25/2013
Please, You must post new chapters, You must! Seriously this is just...so seriously awesome and gut wrenchingly sad(sometimes), and the well added jabs of humor. Plus you are fantastic at Vanitas's point of view, so tragic/mysterious. Please hurry! :D