Reviews for Saying Goodbye
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Really heartfelt. Dean is handling it pretty well in this one.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I hope Sam's fragile condition can hold Dean together while they grieve.
cappy712 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
;alskdjf, what can I say other than you have me blubbering fool right now. Oh man I knew that I kept off from read this for a reason. You must have had a hard time writing it but it was beautiful just beautiful! Thank you even though I have to blow my nose now, damn it... LOL
hotshow chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Very good story. Thank you.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
What a wonderful story.

I love what you wrote about Bobby and the different thoughts from Sam and Dean.

Just like Sam it is hard to believe Bobby will not be there for the brothers. 'He was the one person that he and Dean had both come to believe was invincible and would always be there for them…with them.' I always thought Bobby was the one character they wouldn't kill off. '...knowing that he wouldn't be at the other end of a phone anymore, or around for advice, or to break up one of his and Dean's fights or…to call them idjits...'

I love what Dean said to Sam about Bobby, "Because blood doesn't make you family and family doesn't mean you have to share blood," "Bobby was as much a Dad to us as our own was…hell, he was more of one to us because Bobby never gave up on us, little brother. He stood by us even when no one else should've and probably, if he'd still been alive, our real Dad would've walked away."

Wonderful ending as Dean 'talks' to Bobby, '...we'll make you proud'.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I enjoyed reading it.
Lamarquise chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I'm afraid the characterization here doesn't ring particularly true. Regardless of John's faults as a father, from where I'm sitting the evidence soundly contradicts any assertion that he would have done any less than Bobby did. John might not have been good at the emotional stuff and been too hard, but there's no doubt he would have died for the boys and he never could have inspired either the kind of loyalty in Dean or the respect he did in Sam had he been totally inept or absent. In fact, I think he knew the boys all too well. (So, though this is a side issue, I don't buy that Bobby was more a father to the boys.) More importantly, I don't think Dean would have said something like that about John. Nor do I see Sam being the one that broke down and Dean reacting all calmly. That's completely out of character right now and we've seen the pattern and enough of Dean's mental state right now to have a pretty good idea what the pattern would be. And you haven't explained why Dean would be calm; it's pretty OOC for him when someone he loves dies.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Dang you made me cry again. This story is awesome too. Can't wait for the next one. But I still believe something is going to bring Boobby back from death. Really if you watch 7.10 a few time they do have a small clues in there. I didn't see it untill I watch it for 2 time then a 3rd. time. They are easy to miss but they are there. Any why Please keep up the great work.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Oh now, look what you did! You went and made me cry again! . ' (I have a feeling this subject/episode will do that for a long time! lol)

I could see the beginnings of this type of scene in Sam and Dean's eyes at the end of this episode. The depth of emotion, the intensity, had me tearing up, just as your story did just now. I can't believe I have to go five weeks before I have a new episode to replace this one! *sniffle*

Kudos to you for another excellent story! :)
judyann chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
OMG you just want to make me cry don't you? i loved it though. But now that I am crying before bed I can blame you! Can't wait for the next one.