Reviews for Equal Halves
Tac Elf chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Good God that was a great read! Thanks for taking the time to do it right!
Sgt Ranma chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
Reading this fic, over 15 years later... it still holds up better than ever and in fact transcends MOST fics since then in genuine, emotional content alone. The time and care you took to craft the very realistic and dare I say, accurate, portrayals of both Ranma and Ranko are absolutely spellbinding. Your works have influenced me immensely over the years as to how I approached my writing as well. Thank you very much for writing this, Deborah. I still have .txt copies of this, Genma's Daughter, and Notes from Julliard in my computer, archived with my other favorite classics from the turn of the century. I hope all Ranma fans who dabble into fanfiction check out your work... I consider it a perennial essential. It would be an honor to correspond with you one day just to pick your brain about your thoughts on writing this over 15 years ago.
VannaOrihara chapter 1 . 4/29/2016
Oh! Oh! And I loved that Ranko was into the violin and was amazing at it and influenced Ranma into taking it up, made me want to take up learning the violin. Too bad I'm not a martial artist that can be amazing at it in 6 months lol! I was super happy when Akane got him a violin, that really must have been the best present!
VannaOrihara chapter 6 . 4/29/2016
OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH! THAT WAS PERFECT! I FREAKING LOVED IT. EVERYTHING WAS JUST PERFECT. Ohhhhhhhh I'm so sad it had to end, but everything was perfect. I kind of wish Ranko had wished to be able to travel back and forth but that's still an awesome ending! I absolutely loved how Ranko was such a blessing in the world that we're used to. Especially how she helped out Ranma's and Akane's relationship. It upsets me the way Ranma treats Akane, even though I love them together so much, I still wish he wouod treat her with respect and be kind. If he were kind, they would improve so much, and I was happy that you showed how. I wish there was more of them together, like maybe Ranma proposing to Akane, or showing how they've become amazing friends along with lovers. Hopefully I find more fics with that sort of theme, of Ranma treating Akane better and both building a beautiful relationship... I'm sad I started with this fic, I can't imagine another Ranma fic beating this one. There's a lot more I wish to say but it's about to be 5am and I still have a migraine, but I pulled through to finish this wonderful fic lol. Idk if you're still active in ff, but I hope you read this comment! Thank you for this amazing fic!
damoclesAngel chapter 6 . 3/20/2016
So I ended up reading all chapters in one go. I've always liked how this one ended. Puts a smile on my face. :)
Guest chapter 3 . 11/24/2015
I don't like this ranma go die in a hole ( not boy ranma he's awesome and a lot like inuyasha )
Pendagar chapter 6 . 7/22/2015
When I first attempted to read Genma's Daughter, I couldn't imagine Ranma being a girl after all that time falling in love with Akane; I wanted to read it, but I just couldn't enjoy it. But when I discovered this story, the idea that Ranko was just Ranma from an alternate universe gave me the excuse I was waiting for to actually enjoy reading Genma's Daughter!
Now, as for this story, I really enjoyed watching the two's Ranmas meet, and of course everyone's reactions to Ranko (I felt bad for her when she had to meet Ranma's Ryoga), and I especially like the rock and his clever idea :)
It was also great to see both Ranma and Akane grow a little more mature after befriending Ranko.
Thank you for writing such a great story!

-Pendagar
The Stin chapter 6 . 4/29/2015
Nice job. I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of the original story, but I enjoy stories where Ranma meets other instances of him/herself. I liked the way you handled Ranko through the whole thing, and I enjoyed getting to see some sort of progression in Ranma's character done over a tangible course of time. At times, I feel like Ranko approaches Mary Sue territory, but you manage to make her feel real for the most part. All in all, good work.
SoCloseToToast chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
Fantastic story.
maryjane5000 chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
Sorry in my review for chapter 6 I forgot to ask...
If you will be doing "The Cutting Room Floor" for this fic like you did for "Genma's Daughter"?
maryjane5000 chapter 6 . 1/24/2015
I love this you did a great job although it was a little short because once they got the idea to switch places from "The Parent Trap(remake)" I kinda hoped that given their luck(or lack of) something would have gone wrong & Ranma was sent back instead of Ranko
maryjane5000 chapter 4 . 1/23/2015
I found a mistake in the confrontation with Ryoga at the beginning of this chapter I get why Ryoga is calling Ranko Ranma but have it saying stuff like

Ranma flinched, Ranma tensed, Ranma's wails increased

but it's Ranko that is facing Ryoga I had to go back a chapter because I thought Ranma came across them it's confusing to think it's Ranko when Ranma's name is being used
RankoFan chapter 6 . 9/27/2014
Definitely one of my favorite stories I have ever read. Thank you for this great tale. Just like in Genma's Daughter, it drew out my emotions very well unlike most stories I read. Excellent work.
mikebreslau chapter 5 . 7/5/2014
I have read this story 5 times, and it still brings tears to my eye.
Well done indeed.