Reviews for Equal Halves
Lina-Freedom chapter 1 . 8/3
This story is great. I love your writing style and the fact that you tend to tie up all the lose threads neatly. I liked the Introspection of Ranma in Genmas Daughter and this story brought the element back in totally new way. I would like to see more of this. I think the confrontation could have been more explored. I also understand that there was a storyline time limit so it was eaqual trade.
SonkaD chapter 6 . 6/1
Wow, what a wonderful continuation! Although I did enjoy Genma's daughter, this was even better. It all makes so much sense in that way, and I must admit I missed Ranma a bit, so it was really fun to have Ranma and Ranko meeting and even enjoying plotting together, ahahah! I loved the bureaucrats from the hereafter, too: hilarious! That was fun to read, thank you for writing it.
Northwest Brony chapter 6 . 9/6/2019
This is by far one of the best Ranma 1/2 fanfiction stories I have ever read. Possibly the best. I discovered this story yesterday, and I cannot stop reading it. I've read it more than 5 times now. It is an excellent story on many levels.

There are a number of things that I enjoy in this story. The main themes of the story are ones that I find particularly enjoyable. I love stories that use character foils. I love stories that involve some kind of radical shift in reality. I love stories with positive endings. There's much for me to love. The focus is another thing. The story knows exactly what it needs to be. It's a 3-day excursion where Ranko improves the lives of Ranma and others. It's been said that perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to take away, and I feel this story exemplifies this. I also have enormous respect for the characterization in both universes. The characters in both universes feel like they are the same people. You have done a tremendous job of showing that the people aren't so different across universes, and that makes the story that much more potent. My favorite part is when Akane comments on the shy smile of Ranko and compares it to Ranma's.

The only non-positive thing of note is Kuno being largely irrelevant despite making the wish that set the whole story into motion. The story works well even with his small presence and it's clear the story isn't about him in the first place.

The writing, themes, and execution of the story are masterful and I am very thankful to have found this one after reading Genma's Daughter. Thank you for writing and publishing it.
MimiOracle chapter 6 . 12/15/2018
THIS WAS AMAZING! GOOD JOB!
JWG chapter 1 . 11/18/2018
This is magnificent.
Anonymously amus chapter 6 . 5/25/2018
Im really impressed
This level of story is very nice if turned to be a movie lol
Sora Kawazoe chapter 6 . 5/9/2017
This is like my 6th time reading this thanks for writing such great story
Tac Elf chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
Good God that was a great read! Thanks for taking the time to do it right!
Sgt Ranma chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
Reading this fic, over 15 years later... it still holds up better than ever and in fact transcends MOST fics since then in genuine, emotional content alone. The time and care you took to craft the very realistic and dare I say, accurate, portrayals of both Ranma and Ranko are absolutely spellbinding. Your works have influenced me immensely over the years as to how I approached my writing as well. Thank you very much for writing this, Deborah. I still have .txt copies of this, Genma's Daughter, and Notes from Julliard in my computer, archived with my other favorite classics from the turn of the century. I hope all Ranma fans who dabble into fanfiction check out your work... I consider it a perennial essential. It would be an honor to correspond with you one day just to pick your brain about your thoughts on writing this over 15 years ago.
VannaOrihara chapter 1 . 4/29/2016
Oh! Oh! And I loved that Ranko was into the violin and was amazing at it and influenced Ranma into taking it up, made me want to take up learning the violin. Too bad I'm not a martial artist that can be amazing at it in 6 months lol! I was super happy when Akane got him a violin, that really must have been the best present!
VannaOrihara chapter 6 . 4/29/2016
OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH! THAT WAS PERFECT! I FREAKING LOVED IT. EVERYTHING WAS JUST PERFECT. Ohhhhhhhh I'm so sad it had to end, but everything was perfect. I kind of wish Ranko had wished to be able to travel back and forth but that's still an awesome ending! I absolutely loved how Ranko was such a blessing in the world that we're used to. Especially how she helped out Ranma's and Akane's relationship. It upsets me the way Ranma treats Akane, even though I love them together so much, I still wish he wouod treat her with respect and be kind. If he were kind, they would improve so much, and I was happy that you showed how. I wish there was more of them together, like maybe Ranma proposing to Akane, or showing how they've become amazing friends along with lovers. Hopefully I find more fics with that sort of theme, of Ranma treating Akane better and both building a beautiful relationship... I'm sad I started with this fic, I can't imagine another Ranma fic beating this one. There's a lot more I wish to say but it's about to be 5am and I still have a migraine, but I pulled through to finish this wonderful fic lol. Idk if you're still active in ff, but I hope you read this comment! Thank you for this amazing fic!
damoclesAngel chapter 6 . 3/20/2016
So I ended up reading all chapters in one go. I've always liked how this one ended. Puts a smile on my face. :)
Guest chapter 3 . 11/24/2015
I don't like this ranma go die in a hole ( not boy ranma he's awesome and a lot like inuyasha )
Pendagar chapter 6 . 7/22/2015
When I first attempted to read Genma's Daughter, I couldn't imagine Ranma being a girl after all that time falling in love with Akane; I wanted to read it, but I just couldn't enjoy it. But when I discovered this story, the idea that Ranko was just Ranma from an alternate universe gave me the excuse I was waiting for to actually enjoy reading Genma's Daughter!
Now, as for this story, I really enjoyed watching the two's Ranmas meet, and of course everyone's reactions to Ranko (I felt bad for her when she had to meet Ranma's Ryoga), and I especially like the rock and his clever idea :)
It was also great to see both Ranma and Akane grow a little more mature after befriending Ranko.
Thank you for writing such a great story!

-Pendagar
The Stin chapter 6 . 4/29/2015
Nice job. I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of the original story, but I enjoy stories where Ranma meets other instances of him/herself. I liked the way you handled Ranko through the whole thing, and I enjoyed getting to see some sort of progression in Ranma's character done over a tangible course of time. At times, I feel like Ranko approaches Mary Sue territory, but you manage to make her feel real for the most part. All in all, good work.