Reviews for The Epic Sequel to 'The Epic Self Insert'
Cayar chapter 1 . 2/24/2014

This is, literally, so great. Thanks for making my day.
Partsu chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I don't know why I even started reading this...but it was funny :D
I'd like to defend all the S-I's but you do have valid points...
So I'll just quietly review and fave this and go on to write my bad S/I and read dozens of other bad S/I's...and good ones...
Point taken and ignored.
Taupe Two chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
But this is a ceremonial grenade launcher! It's been in my family for generations, back when your people still thought stars were the gods' shiny turds!
You humans are all racist!
Patient131071 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Again, very well played sir.
Chris7221 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
The first one was better. This one is interesting, but lacks the depth and is too short to have more than a touch of humour. It touches on the issues with self-inserts but doesn't really deconstruct them to the degree the first one did.
Detective Ethan Redfield chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Well, that was a fun story. Maybe you'll continue it. Tell us more about how the Parallel Intervention task force works. What other terrible things did they have to deal with? Did they deal with the Renegade reinterpretations universe? That would have been fantastic!
BlackBox Inc chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Im Commander Shepard and I approve this message (insert thumbs up here)!

And BTW people wont think that Si's are bad if 99 percent of them weren't bad. Sure you got a few good ones but maybe instead of bashing the guy for pointing that over alarming fact out we should be trolling the 10 year olds who are creating these mockeries of literature. SIs suck because youve made them that way. When i read a movie review and 99 out of 100 critics hated it, i am going to assume that the movie suck giant donkey dong. I know i've probably made some enemies by calling some peeps out like this but what the hey?

And can someone please explain the obsession over Tali being a LI... seriously... anyone?

I REALLY want to know.
lil abarai chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I agree and disagree with your point of view. For the most part, self-inserts are horribly written, have overpowered characters, and should be scrapped before they're even start.

in the end, 99% of all self-inserts are a waste of time. but that's not because the genre itself is bad, it's just because every rookie author who read Mass Vexations or Masses to Masses tried to jump on the self-insert train, thinking it would be the easiest thing in the world to write their own. And of course, it wasn't and isn't. They all fall into the same cliches and tell a familiar plotline because they're just trying to knock off something else. and believe me, it kills me when a horrible self-insert gets way more attention then it should, but saying that anything is better than self-inserts is crossing the line and a complete lie. If you've ever read a crack fic, you'd know.

but enough of my preaching, your funny, you know what you're talking about, and you know how to write, so despite your pessamistic views, it's a great story so far.
Janizary chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Hey, you forgot about the guy who managed to get his hands on a ship and rammed it into Virmire at 0.9C

Really, I don't know where that idea could have come from...or the other lady who dropped large rocks on Virmire from orbit, or that red head who.../.../...
S058 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Yep, this is why I never went past the drawing board for my SI fic.

Well, that and the fact that I suspect my readers wouldn't like any further delays.
JenJo chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
agreed- too many si's that are exactly the same.

tali always gets romanced.

shepard always accepts them.

this is an original idea, so please continue
TheRev28 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I'm in the same boat as bale and EM on this one. On the one hand, as a writer of an SI, I can still recognize the sheer number of terrible ones; if anything, writing my own has made me realize just how many bad ones there are. I know that this is meant to satirize SIs, and I did find it interesting and funny. You highlighted certain things that tells me that you've actually read enough SIs to know what you're talking about; you're not just talking out of your ass. Loved the reference to eezoman's story. (At least that's what I think the ice reference was about.)

On the other hand, I share EM's view that the very end went a little beyond satire. While I enjoyed the rest of this, that part went *slightly* too far for me. You can't say that *all* SIs are bad [I seem to recall a review a certain someone left me ;)].

Anywho, enough of my ramblings. I genuinely found this enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing what else, if anything, you do with this. Keep on keeping on!
GrimOne chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Excellent. Just say no to SI.
RayneEthelwulf chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I skip over all the SI's. I almost skipped this just because I saw the "SI" in it. Glad I didn't though! Very much enjoyed this.
S3eK chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
On the one hand: very nice work. I enjoyed this story immensely.

On the other hand: What about iNf3ctioNz's Masses to Masses? In my opinion, it's the best ME SI on FanFiction.