Reviews for Without
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 3/23
A really interesting look at the impact Starscream's death might have on the war effort. I especially felt sorry for Thundercracker being beaten simply for looking like his deceased trinemate. The idea of some of the 'Cons building shrines to their fallen Air Commander was fascinating too.
Klicks chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Yes, this confused me at first, and at first glance I was honestly surprised that you would make such a mistake as having no capital letters at the beginning of a paragraph. And then I realised what you were doing, and I have to say, this was just wonderful. You went through the entire fic without even mentioning his name, and... Wow, this is just perfection. Everyone's views just flowed together so well, until you finally get to piece together the roughly full picture. I'm sure that no one expected a reaction like this to his death! (I certainly didn't, that's for sure) Strange how you only realise how important someone is when they're gone.

The ending was great too. Bit strange, I guess, and leaves a sort of incomplete feeling, but that's what the Decepticon army is now with him gone, isn't it? Incomplete. You did such a great job with this fic, I really love the interesting and unique ways you write. It's almost poetic, in some way. It could probably be some sort of poem, I guess. :)

Man, if only there was a position on my Fave. Stories list for my Fave of the Faves! This fic would sit in that position for... Pfft, probably forever. :D Such fantastic work. I only wish I came upon it sooner.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This was beautiful. All the voices in this story, the way it was all woven together. Never mentioning the lost by name, but you all know who he was. Incredible. This is going straight into my favorites.
Aly208 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This was truly amazing. I love how the Decepticons never realized what they had until it was gone, and how each section really conveyed each character's personality, yet maintained the gloominess of the piece. I especially love what you did with Megatron. I like how he mostly avoided the topic of Starscream, instead choosing to focus and lash out at his troops, and thereby eschewing the real problem: himself. His denial of feeling regret for Starscream's death, saying that he should have killed him earlier, completely and utterly described Megatron's character in a way that will probably never be matched.

Thank you for sharing this beauty with us. I cannot imagine how long this must've taken to write. I hope you continue writing, because you have a talent for it. Once again, thank you.
11SnowLeopard11 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Ok, excuse me for the language here, but..

Holy Shit, that was amazing. I seriously can't think of anything more to say to this, other then the fact I love the view the Decepticons had for Starscream after his death.

..I guess, only after one passes away does one truly know what they were to them, and what they did, in their life...
those-painted-wings chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
That was brilliant. The general tone - so haunting, and the transitions between speakers - it has to be one of the most unique things I have ever read.
Kitt SummerIsle chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I simply love the feelings, the mood that you managed to evoke with your style. It is really amazing.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Now this was a real ghost, not the transparent figure we saw in that forgettable last season of G1.

Yours have to be the most original fanfics I’ve found in this site.

English is not my native language, but still I’ve understood perfectly all the fics that I have read here. But with yours I have to stop, and ponder, and sometimes check dictionaries, but most of all, I enjoy them. They are like glasses of the best wine, made to be drunk slowly, very slowly, because each one of your words is a treat to the senses.

Now, a toast. To you, and to your phenomenal writing skills. Cheers!
DemonSurfer chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This... this is just as beautiful as the other one I just read.

And it's a very interesting insight into the functioning of the Decepticons. What happens when you remove one very important component.
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This was an incredible piece. I thought it was wonderfully set out and the way that you wrote each mech's thoughts was great. Well done!

_

DW
recyclablefoxx chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
OMG this story just blows my mind. Heartbreaking! Wow Biblio, I just love the style of this story, it gives it more of an impact - a more crushing feeling. Damnit Starscream, you're like the heart of the people.
Balrog Roike chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
That's a very interesting and really fitting way to tell this story.

I love how one paragraph flows into the other and that for once Starscream is not just only the punching bag of the faction but his actual purpose in the grand scheme of things is aknowledged.

That the Cons sort of make him into a demigod like antic Greek heroes where made me smirk, even if disconcerting to see the situation get so much worse without him around to make things go smoother through stirring them up.

I wonder if the Autobots noticed his disappearance as well.

Anyway, great work and kudos for actually thinking of so many things that could go wrong without Screamer there.

Well done.
Midnight-Chaos-Flame chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This was amazing. I'm in a bit of awe at what you did here; every point of view is so concise and detailed that it is completely believable. The writing flowed smoothly and I love what you did with the transitions. This is a hauntingly good piece. Well done.
kaiiju chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
AaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaaaaaaagasps for breath

Wow. This is really amazing. I don't even have words.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
It is a strange ending, but somehow, I don't think it could go any other way.

I will admit I was somewhat confused at first by how this was written, but it didn't take too long to get what you were doing. Pretty unique, at least to me. I haven't stumbled across too many stories, if any, that are written in this method.

And certainly a curious look at what may have happened if a certain someone pushed just a few inches too far.