Reviews for The Telling Tale
boyo77 chapter 33 . 5/28
Amazing story, excellent writing. Your characters are believable and come to life. Here's hoping you are still working!
David Johnston chapter 11 . 5/23
You know in the actual game, Cassandra's goal really was to use the Warden or the Champion's prestige to smooth the way for a negotiated settlement under Chantry auspices.
AlexDnD chapter 33 . 5/22
I hope you write more soon. This really is one of the best Dragon Agenfan fics here.
AlexDnD chapter 21 . 5/21
The end of this chapter is one of my favorite parts. Amazing fic!
Mage chapter 14 . 5/20
Buhahahahahahha a kitty!
centrik89 chapter 33 . 5/20
So, I have read this whole thing(up to date at least) and I do not think anything i really have to say would be sufficient enough to detail how magnificient this story is. I have loved this story from beginning to now and have been reading it anytime i could. I also found the theory of a mage throwing off a holy smite interesting and basically plausible. It states in game that you as a mage have to pass a mental resistance check. Meaning that this isnt a theory it is basically canon that any mage can throw off a smite as long as you basically know its happening and you can go...well mind vs mind to with the templar(or regular person) who is doing the smite. I have never read another story that had this concept so i found that particularly interesting. I digress however. If this story was written out in a book i would be the first person to buy it and ask for it to be autographed. I highly doubt to me that there will be another story better than this to me(i mean unless you write another story that is). In short, this is a masterpiece to me. Also i did not the you were speaking of your health in the last set of notes and am seeing that it has been about 5 months since that last update unless the site is telling me wrong. I do hope you are in good health and do continue to write this story whenever you recover if you are not in good health.
AlexDnD chapter 12 . 5/20
Hmmmm I do enjoy the political parts of this fic. Anora may be a snake but she is an effective one.
AlexDnD chapter 8 . 5/19
Idiotic Templars deserved their deaths.
the wicked kat chapter 33 . 5/14
Very glad to hear that your health is improving! Hope things are still getting better for you...
I can see why the Arishok said 'No' to Kat's proposition regarding Sten; she was, for all intents and purposes, proposing that an entirely new role be fashioned within the Qunari, and putting the idea to the military leader rather than the priests and philosophers within the Qun. But she still handled it with aplomb and respect and didn't try to haggle.
As for the sex with Connor, i see that some other readers viewed that instance with 'Huh?' in mind, but in the context of simply relieving tension and 'blowing off steam,' it actually made sense to me. Sex is a much healthier outlet of tension relief rather than running about willy-nilly and killing people, because i can see the act of killing becoming so common to Connor that it no longer affects him. And that would thus make it easier for demons to actually get their hooks into him.
Still very much enjoying the story. And i hope your health situation continues to improve. Cheers.
centrik89 chapter 11 . 5/8
this is the greatest story ever. just pure awesomeness
MaZe-Pallas chapter 33 . 5/5
This story is absolutely amazing.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Hope you are feeling/getting better.
Shiney McShine chapter 33 . 5/5
Best DA fic ever
Kai'kel the Fereldan Magister chapter 33 . 4/11
This story is pure, concentrated excellence. Kathryn is an incredible well-written Warden, far, far above the painfully numerous Mary Sues I've seen. She easily makes my top ten list of best fanfiction Wardens. Her abilities are incredible and extremely powerful, but not so powerful as to be unrealistic for Thedas. The actions she takes make perfect sense based on her character, personality, and backstory. You captured the personalities of the canon characters amazingly well, while those characters you created are just as interesting and engaging as those made by BioWare, sometimes even more so. (Madame Vivienne, I'm looking at you, "my dear".)

It is frighteningly eerie how well your story, which was started long before Inquisition was even announced, fits in with what happens in that game. I do wonder, will the Inquisitor's Warden contact we find in Here Lies the Abyss be Kathryn? Or will Kathryn be the Inquisitor? Or will you surprise us all and do something completely unexpected? I'm going to bet on Door Number 3.

Normally, this is the part where I'd offer some constructive criticism, I have very little to offer. The only issue of any import I have is with Kathryn having sex with Connor, which was somewhat squicky to me, but that's more of a personal thing. It also did seem to come a bit out of nowhere as well, but the big thing for me was Connor's age. But, other than my foible with that couple paragraphs of one chapter of this story, I've got no complaints or criticism I can offer. That's quite the achievement. This is a fascinating story that I could easily see myself purchasing as a stand-alone novel. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Your Humble Friend and Magister,
Kai'kel

P.S: I don't hate Vivienne, in fact, I rather enjoy her snark, but I just didn't think she was that deep of a character.
Skuldakn chapter 33 . 4/5
So, just finished getting through this, and I must say: You have taken the world of Dragon Age and turned it into a new beautiful story, and you did a damn good job at it as well. This is amazing, and I can wait to read the next chapter!
pucflek chapter 32 . 3/28
This friggin fic is a masterpiece.