Reviews for The Third Man
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/26
I liked their Unique Conversation, and LOVE the way they exchange each other's food ! xD

Dean eat Sam's, and Sam eat Dean's ! Just... why? seriously...
That was pretty Adorable scene though ! Awesome !

Unique scene because I don't think normal siblings like to talk about Incest Siblings relationship with each other.

(Huh, and I thought most people would thought if you know each other well, the change loving each other unconditionally would be high. So siblings incest could happen? Zachariah said so to Adam in the future? or like song about fall in love with your best friend? some people married their childhood friend? Though I know nothing about any close or intimate relationship. Never have one before.)
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Thanks for a story of the lost brother.
sknkodiak chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Oh I loved this! "So that's why you're not jonesing for me?" So Dean!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
It was too little, too late, of course. One son had walked away from his too-tight grip, another had been lost when John had held on too loosely, and Dean… Dean was broken in more ways than Sam could count. But maybe the old man had had his regrets and had missed Sam, trying to do right by proxy with his new youngest son.

I really love how you wrote the disconnect here, with both brothers thinking that the other one didn't want to talk about Adam when in reality that was exactly what they each wanted to do, but refrained because they didn't want to hurt each other by bringing up such a sore topic too soon.
jessi chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Great story!
AZGirl chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Really enjoyed this post-ep tag! Thought you did a great job with the reactions/emotions.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is so interesting! I haven't thought of Adam for ages, but this makes perfect sense. I wonder, did Dean come across Sam's research into Adam in that year when Sam was in the cage? I imagine that would have triggered all sorts of things - the TWO little brothers he couldn't save.
cappy712 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Very interesting take on the after effects of the revelation of Adam. Thank you.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Good story.
Landwing chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Y'know, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with Adam. They brought John, Dean, and Sam back from Hell, but Adam's still down there. But once Sam came back, it seems like Adam was just forgotten. It feels like too good of a plot twist to leave alone, to me, anyway, so I kinda hope they revisit him at some point, even if only to let him go back to being dead.

Heh. Nice try with the Westermarck Effect, but I get a feeling that the "slash" fans and fanfic writers are going to keep ignoring it, even in spite of Dean out and out calling it sick. And objecting to being typed as gay. And telling tons of people he and Sam "don't swing that way." But it was worth a shot.
Zaphire chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Now only did I enjoy to finally read about the boys handling all the emotions of finding out they had a brother and loosing him all in one episode (again, you really need to start writing for the SN writing team, cause they miss a lot)

BUT I also feel like I am ONE I.Q. higher, now that I have learned about the Westermack Effect. By the way : how you tied all this in, WAS PURE GENIOUS AND BRILLIANCE. ONCE again you leave me astonished with your work, and cracking up too.

Happy Holidays :) ( in case i dont get a chance to send my holiday greetings later on)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
As always, your story was really well-written and captured a part of them the show usually seems to forget... I liked how showed both of them doing research on Adam and his mom separately and trying not to talk to each other about what they wanted/needed... I guess it was more true to character than having them hash it out, but I would have loved to read about them doing something like that: talk about things - not just cryptically while stealing bits of each other's food and finally swapping plates (nice imagery there), but really talking about stuff. I'm pretty sure you could pull it of, make it believable and even tie it in with what we see onscreen.

Thanks for another beautiful story. Oh... and insatiable as I am... I'm already looking forward to the next one! ;-)

Cheers and take care! D.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
As always you filled the gap in the show beautifully. I always wanted more from this episode, I think most people did, and you managed to give me everything I wanted - if only we saw it on the show!

I loved how both boys were looking into Adam's life and background independently of each other. It feels so true to them that they did it this way, after all it's not often that they 'hash things out', much to our frustration.

The imagery of the both Sam and Dean then talking about Adam whilst swapping meals was simple but so effective at showing their relationship. And the humour about slash fiction was in tune with what we saw on screen – perfect!

I loved every word of this - thanks so much for writing and sharing. Take care, Abbi
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I always love how you fill in the missing scenes or just give the fans answers about an episode.

I like how Dean and Sam were both searching for answers about Adam, but were leery of talking to each other. I loved the scene in the diner as they talked and ate each others food. We already know that Dean is doing a great job as a big brother, but I like this thought from him about Sam. '... there was no question Sam would have been as kick-ass a big brother as he was a little brother.'

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us.

Take care.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I remember the furor when the synopsis for the episode was released but in true Kripke fashion the episode revealed much more about Sam and Dean than it did any new Winchester sibling especially since by then end we found out that it wasn't even Adam the whole time but the ghoul masquerading as him. I found it interesting that when they brought the character back in season 5 he seemed more like Dean than Sam but by then his status as a Winchester brother seemed more accepted by fandom and in ways essential to progressing the mythic arc. That Kripke is a shrewd one. I liked your fic but felt more that Dean felt betrayed. That his father's mantra of the hunting life being the only possible path for a Winchester was hypocritical while Sam felt more sympathy for John's seeming attempt to capture a slice of normal but the brothers' actual reactions to the situation was opposite. Dean the previously gung ho hunter wanted to keep Adam out of the life while Sam was adamant Adam needed to learn hunters' ways to protect himself.