Reviews for Christmas Day with the Ponds
Hpdwlotr24 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Hat passes! Yes! I love it! And the the whole story is perfect as well! :D (squeals because there were two harry potter references)
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Yeah, so I only just learned that you wrote Christmas Eve With The Ponds, which I read ages back. Learning that it had a sequel was even more exciting.

This was awesome. Such an enjoyable read. They're all excellently in character and the whole thing was just adorable and fluffy and fun. "He promptly spilled the orange juice all over Rory's plate" made me chuckle. (Not that the rest of the fic didn't, of course.)

Are you still planning a third one?
AceRavenclaw chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I love the father-daughter bonding.
Nerdlee chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I love you. I just thought I should put that out there. Your writting is just that good.

Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Rory and River, what a wonderful father and daughter moment.
memnarch chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I haven't read the first part yet, but this one was quite excellent! Loved the Rory and River interactions and the Doctor giving River three free Spoilers was a nice touch.
timelucked chapter 1 . 12/5/2011

So the last fic, the preceding one, i was like, "Hmmm...balloons...i don't get it. But i'll pretend too."

So this clarified things and made me laugh until tears were spilled.

Again, so very, very in character. I love how you established the Rory-River Father-Daughter dynamic, bringing in some (all) canon things. I love all the characters just the way they are, and you manage to keep them that way yet spin a tale as creatively crafted as the main man Moffatt himself.

Also, as per the last time, there was not a moment where i didn't go, "ILOVEYOUYOU'RETHEBESTRAWR!"

I was laughing, i was awwwing, i was squeeing, i was giggling, i was IN awe, i was taken away, and i was in love with this sequel. What a marvelous way to end (end?) this story. God, i love it.

I tell you, i shall be talking my friends' ears off come tomorrow morning! And then i'll force them to read it.

I really like how you don't simply show just the Doctor and River. I like how you added Rory and Amy, and the cuteness and in-characterness of it all. That scene at the park, OH! I loved it, you have no idea. It was touching, and cute, and sweet.

This story gave me 'all the feelings'

I loved the inner dialogue with the present giving, the Doctor and the fruitcake. A riot. Rory and his gladius. Hilarious. Just...just...

Thank you again for such a marvelous story. I really enjoyed reading it. YOU. ARE. FANTASTIC/BRILLIANT/and i'm sure anything you wear is COOL.
iHadtoTry chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
loved it!
fishxcustard chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
That was really good! So happy you wrote a sequel!:)
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Hilarious! I loved it :)
Jesseirei chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I love these stories! Pond family bonding (ponding?) forever. A thought/request: how about a birthday party for River? Bet she's never had one.
PresidentTheAwesome chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Ahhh genius! You have a real talent for writing these character so well _
GideonStargrave chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Nifty as usual. Always enjoy reading your stuff.

Couple of technical points from a British reader, might help you hone your Who work to perfection.

1) Highway. While we do use the word as a formal, technical one (Highways Agency, Highway Code, etc,) we'd never use it to describe a road in a normal conversation, even a large one. As a suggestion, for what I think you're aiming for, you could try "bypass" or "ring-road." Would give a sense of what you're aiming at without putting the jarring word in.

2) Cultural nod. Brits really don't do egg-nog that much. We buy something similar occasionally,and have a glass, but we wouldn't do the whole "make your own and put it out to share" kind of thing. They might have picked up a couple of bottles of Advocaat (similar to Eggnog, but more of a liqueur) if they were feeling flush or especially upmarket, but thats as far as it goes, it's just not a significant part of christmas for us.

Still, cool tale. Enjoying your "Ponds at Home" miniseries :)