Reviews for Sweet Fire
PeacefullyJos chapter 1 . 2/11
I've read this story thousands of times and it still hasn't bored me.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This one gets me every time. Flawless in every way.
louboutinlove chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This shot through me like a bullet. So glad you are writing again. The games, the chase, the push and pull... It's exactly how I picture them even though they know, as well as we do, that they're inevitable. Even the two little dark devils know it too. The names were perfection. And their vindictive casual ways of hitting were it hurts. They are their parents' children. I was a little pissed about Hayden until I realized that he doesn't matter, like none of the people who come between them matter. They're just a plot device, a confirmation that no matter what they will win through. Beautiful job.
MrChuck chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
This truly an amazing story.

The twins are just so evil awesome! Well done! *bow*
MasochistandNarcissistFan chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I decided to check this out thanks to a friend's suggestion and I'm glad I did. This was just awesome! Everything about it makes it work. CB's wonderful banter that we all love, their kids, and Hayden finding out that Blair's going back to Chuck like she should. I love this. hehe
ohchuckles a la riml chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Hey Carloyn. It's me. Can i just tell you how much i adored this fic? Sigh. It is perfection. You really do have a wonderful torch for writing CB at their best. Oh, and their children... i loved the resemblance between them and their parents. You captured their essence perfectly, congrats.
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
This goes down as one of your very best, mostly because you have a beautiful Greek chorus in the form of Portia and the silent Dorian. The classical names are perfect, pretentious; what else would they name their children? Especially children like these, who are wickedly sharp and vindictive. I love how pro-CB being together Portia is, it's very typical of children with separated parents and, at the same time, just another flashing neon arrow towards endgame - a wonderful device on your part. She twists the knife about her mother and father talking for hours, seeing each rather than seeing their lawyers, and it's beautiful. She and her brother are truly their children, because they know without being told that their parents are there for each other, not for the legislators.

Chuck and Blair, the perfect catastrophe, of course they try to be apart. They go full circle that way, no matter who she's seeing or what he's saying. She's wonderfully frosty with that charmless placeholder, anyway. But she knows full well that with Chuck, there's inevitability. They will end up having dinner and seducing one another merely by breathing, and she will end up feeling alive like she hasn't since they saw each other last and that he will come home to her, to them, to his family. But what gets me is how convincing you make them as a family. It's a pack of four ruthless adults in a nuclear family skin, parents who love fiercely in the nonchalant way which means they can separate and come back stronger and children who only love their parents (and Dorota) and disdain to do anything but mock anyone who wants to disrupt the family dynamic. I'm sure they're without fault when their parents are around, most of the time. I'm sure they feed the ducks and literature far beyond their years.

But at the table or up against the wall or together or apart, you never fail to show the cable that runs between them like a steel girder, with love and lust and loss and sex. It's angst and erotica and shot through with the essentials that make them, them; I love the pieces, and I adore the whole you make. The last line was an absolute beauty.
TriGemini chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
This was excellent to read.

I love how you portray Dorian and Portia; they sound like mini versions of their parents.

Especially, when the twins tell Hayden that their mother is with their father.

Of course, Hayden should've realized that Chuck always finds a way to lure Blair back and in the end, she always goes back to her husband.

Great job!
pty chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I liked your story, I see you are into writing Chuck and Blair with a certain level of darkness, even their children too, I would be a little reluctant to this but your story is so well constructed that I ended up liking it.

GG news:

watch?vzhktLFNcAog&featurefeedf

2011/11/gossip-girl-review-all-the-pretty-sources/

speakeasy/2011/11/21/gossip-girl-season-5-episode-8-all-the-pretty-sources-tv-recap/

watch?v5g4b_TeXLY8&featurefeedf

watch?vKJPT_tnwZ0k&featurefeedf

news/watch_with_kristin/gossip_girl_who_blairs_soul_mate_penn/276191

show/gossip_girl/all_the_pretty_

watch?ve_fYjw6pf9M&

.it/?t58926517&st30#entry479897869

Question: So you answered a Gossip Girl question a few weeks back saying they were doing a wee time jump (yes I'm Scottish) and I was wondering if you had any further details on that ? —Emma

Ausiello: Ah dinnae ken. (That's Scottish for I don't know.) But based on what I'm hearing about the fall finale on Dec. 5, don't be surprised if the time warp happens then. "It [ends] you with a huge cliffhanger - perhaps our biggest cliffhanger ever," exec producer Stephanie Savage told Matt Mitovich at the show's 100th episode bash over the weekend. Added fellow EP Josh Safran: "It is both emotional and personal. It will have you wondering what happens next, for sure."

2011/11/gossip-girl-clips-scandals-haters-and-white-trash/#comment-362280

?midtwitter_vulture

/2011/11/gossip-girl-5-08-all-the-pretty-sources-photo-recap-schuck-and-louie/

Anything on Dair would be amazing! — LeenerThis one comes from up high — EP Josh Safran, who basically spelled it out for us, while still cleverly keeping us in the dark. "The heart has the capacity to have feelings for more than one person at the same time. I feel like that's where Blair's going and she's going to discover that," he said. So, as you see, if we're in the dark and this quote is any type of light source, it would be a birthday candle. Good enough for now?

SAG-AVAIL NOV. 30 TO PORTRAY TAXI DRIVER WITH TAXI. SAG-AVAIL NOV. 30 TO PORTRAY TAXI DRIVER WITH TAXI. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE A TAXI!SAG-AVAIL WED. NOV 30 TO PORTRAY LIMO DRIVER WITH VALID CLASS E LICENSE. PLEASE NOTE IF/ WHEN YOU HAVE WORKED THIS SHOW!NON SAG-AVIAL-FRIDAY DECEMBER 2 JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. GOSSIP GIRL NON SAG-AVIAL-FRIDAY DECEMBER 2 JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU CAN SELF-REPORT TO JFK OR WOULD NEED CURTISY TRANSPORTATION. PLEASE NOTE THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED ON THIS W/ CAR **OVERNIGHT**- FRIDAY 12/2 GOSSIP GIRL 12/2/2011 Television PAID/0 SAG 11/23/2011Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities / 18 - 100 /SAG W/ CAR **OVERNIGHT**- 12/2- PLEASE NOTE THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED ON THIS SHOW AND WHAT ROLE YOU PLAYEd. ALSO NOTE YEAR COLOR MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE. NO CROSSOVERS/ TRUCKS/ SUVS, NO RED OR SAG/ NON UNION - OVERNIGHT SHOOT DEC 2 AT JFK AIRPORT **INTO AM HOURS** GOSSIP GIRL 12/2/2011 Television PAID/0 Non-Union 11/23/2011Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities / 18 - 100 /NON SAG/ NON UNION - OVERNIGHT SHOOT DEC 2 AT JFK AIRPORT **INTO AM HOURS** **PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU HAVE WORKED IN THE PAST 3 WEEKS ON THIS SHOW*** - ALSO NOTE IF YOU WOULD NEED THE COURTESY TRANSPORTATION OR IF YOU WILL BE SELF REPORTING (CAR/ TRAIN). NO CALLS PLEASE. THANK YOU!

2011/11/tvline-readers-thankful-this-tv-season/

post/13224577495/allow-us-to-compare-and-contrast

cecily-von-ziegesar-all-pretty-sources/

.it/?t57127019&st30#entry480505872

watch?vdyY7gFLV64Q

2011/11/matts-inside-line-scoop-sons-anarchy-supernatural-gossip-gir/

show/gossip_girl/all_the_pretty_

2011/11/gossip-girl-review-rhodes-to-nowhere/

speakeasy/2011/11/28/gossip-girl-season-5-episode-9-rhodes-to-perdition-tv-recap/

watch?v8NKJYE7pJ24&featurechannel_video_title

watch?vymBPwg8XBwU&

post/13490498391/omg-abuse

news/watch_with_kristin/gossip_girl_poll_chuck_dan/277282?cmpidsn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_ &utm_mediumtwitter&utm_campaigntwitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit51396

show/gossip_girl/rhodes_to_perdition_

watch?vkYddEE4lSNs&featurechannel_video_title

/2011/11/gossip-girl-5-09-rhodes-to-perdition-photo-recap-the-truth-about-charlie/

watch?vFK8RPTX6lco&featureplayer_embedded

2011/11/30/if-at-first-you-dont-succeed-deny-deny-again-a-recap-of-gossip-girls-rhodes-to-perdition/

2011/12/01/blair-wedding-gossip-girl-chuck-prince-louis/#utm_sourcetwitterfeed&utm_mediumtwitter

/2011/12/gossip-girl-5-10-riding-in-town-cars-with-boys-promo-photo-recap/

watch?vGpzbafTM4yU&

watch?vXDnyszDwAEA&featurerelated

2011/12/05/gossip-girl-wedding-blair-waldorf-chuck-bass-ed-westwick/

.it/?t59142748#entry481597143

post/13782527460/a-teaser-in-audio-format-ed-westwick-see

It's been a wild season for the kids on the Upper East Side, but according to "Gossip Girl" EP Stephanie Savage, it's about to get nuttier. And it begins Monday (Dec. 5) with the shows fall finale.

Savage tells TV Line that the episode ends "with a huge cliffhanger - perhaps our biggest cliffhanger ever." Now we already know about Blair (Leighton Meester) shacking up with Dan (Penn Badgley). And we also know about the car accident. Plus Charlie/Ivy's cover has been sort of blown. So what more could it be?

The show's other EP Josh Safran adds further intrigue, "It is both emotional and personal. It will have you wondering what happens next, for sure."

If it's not that the expectant mother loses the baby/ends up in the hospital, we're struggling for other ideas. Perhaps Chuck and Blair finally decide they're right for each other? So many choices.

watch?vn4yYKqKZGN4&

2011/12/gossip-girl-review-a-princess-in-peril/

speakeasy/2011/12/05/gossip-girl-season-5-episode-10-riding-in-town-cars-with-boys-tv-recap/
flipped chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
you never fail to deliver powerful one-shots.
LeftWriter224 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Amazing!
wrighthangal chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
LOL...I loved it...lol

the twins and even when I was starting to get scared that Chuck may have cheated I was so happy that they worked things ut.
suspensegirl chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
omg. I love this. I love this. I love this. It does confuse me how if they made up at the end, Chuck wasn't w/ her when she came home...and also how in the world the intern she was dating was anything like Chuck, but no matter! I love how Dorian intimidates him & how Portia is amused by him (reminiscent of Dan, I think, hehe). And then Blair PITIES him. lol. *shakes head* Oh goodness. And how Chuck provokes her in their 'mediations'. Despite his newly turned over leaf in the show & how mature he is, I still think he'd taunt her & use seduction as a tool when getting her back in a situation like this. ;)

Great fic! *favs*
notoutforawalk chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I so disapprove of how stupid this kid is. He showed up unannounced and uninvited at the place where Blair's children are? I'm glad Dorota was disapproving. (Of course, I am disapproving of Blair apparently screwing around with him when the children are there as well, so I'm just bringing Humphrey levels of judgment to the fic. Heh.) I'm glad CB are attempting to work it out after though. At least there is that little bit of hope, although this version of CB sound like they go through this on a regular basis. (Or maybe it was the kid's reactions that made me feel that.) I hope they dump the mediator and head for therapy!)
Laura chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
L-o-v-e. and the kids-amazing. Perfect embodiments of their parents.