Reviews for Fragments: A Love Story
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 6 . 11/19/2013
I shall proceed to love you forever, because Sarah Kay is AMAZING. In fact, that TED performance of hers is what had me started on SWP. LOVE it.
Oh, my goodness, this brainchild of yours. Consider yourself a proud parent, because it's all grown up with a flat of its own.
tofubear chapter 6 . 8/19/2013
Okay.. so, the idea of variants of reality... creeps me out.. the idea of alternate reality creeps me out, well moreso the idea of the possibility of such in real life... and consequently reading the final half also sorta creeped me out (in a good way?). Anyway, I did very much enjoy this and found your Q&A enlightening..(thankyouforwritingthisfic)
tofubear chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Well.. I've always thought that that more you love someone the more you hate them... and more so when you fall out of love... but of course everything's gonna get better (right?). This made me smile and laugh at parts but those moments did nothing to quell th-t-the feels...
tofubear chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Your summary has me intrigued, and I do quite like your style of writing (yes sounds rather lacklustre, but assure you, that pretty much means that I'm lovin' this!)
Riffs chapter 6 . 5/27/2013
Your notes are completely worth the crumbling of any sort of fourth wall.
Minille chapter 6 . 12/5/2012
It was beautiful. Perfect. Brilliant. My heart is aching- Argh, it is just so freaking good Idon'tevenknowwhattosayanymore.

I love this, and I love your brain, even though it may or may not be really creepy to do so but I don't care because this was just so good. Just... Wow. The character's, the emotions, the format, the style, the details, the science (and Einstein! God I love his brain too... Or well, before they decided to pick it apart, of course), I love it so much. I do hope you can somehow make sense of this honestly quite silly little review, but I will just say it again; Brilliant.
Charlequin chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
Beautiful piece of work here! Never have I read a literary piece as... three-dimensional as this. (Sorry if I won't make any sense here, haha...) I mean, in a short story or novel, I would usually pay attention to the way the author writes: narration, dialogue, plot, flow, characterization, etc, as if the piece is only a painting to visually study. But here, I'm paying attention to the characters themselves: "What did he mean by that? Why did he do that? Why didn't he do that?" and so on. From the beginning, I thought this would be one of those simple love stories: two strangers meet, drama happens, yadda yadda, then it ends. But this! It's definitely something more. This story has amazing depth, is what I mean. I think it's awesome how you pulled that off.

Though I must admit that I was a bit confused with the chronology, such as when did Section 1 of Part IV (first half) happen. Also what Arthur meant with "I think I hate him, too." And the ending. I wonder if *when* did Alfred say that last line is also significant? Are parts of this fic in an AU? (AUception?) And a number of other things I can't explain, even after reading the Q&A part... I follow the whole plot, really, but the small things I don't fully understand. Dear me, I have a headache. That's just what's amazing, dear Author. To create something as intricate as this is astounding. (Perhaps I should just reread this when I have a less-stressed mind, maybe then I'll understand this fully, haha.)

And let me comment about the not-so complicated parts of your work-I loved the metaphors you used, the imagery was beautiful. And it had just the right (perfect) amount of smut to spice it up, yes. ;D

So again-wonderful, wonderful piece. Sorry if I rambled a bit there. This will surely be remembered and I believe I'll be spending another three hours absorbing this tonight...

(...It has been an hour and thirty minutes since I started writing this review. I was just completely boggled that I cannot put my thoughts to words!)
P chapter 6 . 5/21/2012
This was just so beautifully intriguing and thoughtful, and though the allusions to Slaughterhouse-five were very apparent/direct, the story never felt dependent to me. With the characters and I guess the setting, it was more relatable than when I read the book, and I don't think I've ever been as affected by a piece of literature before. Helps that Slaughterhouse-Five fascinated me to begin with. I read it late tonight and it's kept me up, not even because I was trying to finish- I finished at least a couple hours ago- but I can't get it out of my mind. On a subconcious level the story scares me, and I'm scared as I write this. I can't explain how it has affected me, but this piece is definitely one of the best.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/14/2012
This was beautiful.

And it gave me so many feels.

THIS IS THE BEST .
mister-lion chapter 5 . 5/7/2012
Oh god, why did I just read this now? I missed Final Week! I have a lot of questions to ask but I think the other reviewers had already pointed them out. This is really a fascinating read; I think I'm gonna reread some parts while I wait for that giant reference note you mentioned. Luckily, it's May 7 here, guess I won't wait in agony lol. Gosh, I wish I didn't read the reviews and got excited to see the ending! Kind of made me rush through the fic, but I guess that's what rereads are for. This fic is challenging me :D I love rereading stuff. Ha! I think I have an excuse to get out of varnishing and sanding the new front door. "I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT THIS FIC MOM I'M GETTING SO MUCH FEEELSSS" lol.

tbh, I am very curious about the 1/2 thing. My laptop, being so small and mini and portable, comes with an equally small screen so it might've ruined the 1/2 story width if you were going for a visual reference there-which is more than likely a no? Other than that, I'm also wondering about the mention of alternate realities in the final chapter; I was like WHOA, where did this topic come from? And whatever happened to Alfred's old physics books? The fight Al and Art had about books? The chronology of this fic? I mean-there were two cats, then kittens and then THREE-I think that's just me. Gonna read this the second and third and fourth time, that's for sure. OH, AND WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FRANCIS' WARNING? I was looking so hard for the aforementioned "bait", but I never got any vibes. Is it because I'm stupid from all that varnish?
CrimsonButterflyTearDrops018 chapter 5 . 5/2/2012
This story made me cry. In the last two chapters, I can feel my insides twist painfully as I read on to their trials. This was truly beautiful. The way you described the scenes were so dream-like to me. I especially love that scene where Arthur and Alfred sing together and lay eyes on each other for the true first time. Excellent job!

I would really like to know why Arthur never knew of Alfred's past.
alguien22792 chapter 5 . 4/29/2012
Well, this confused me a little as in how it ends for them, but I just love how you played with physics and love to write this. An epilogue would be very much appreciated! ;D
CuttleMeFish chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
**FINAL WEEK IS NOW CLOSED FOR QUESTIONS.**

Thanks lovelies for all the wonderful questions. It is now 1:15 AM my time and that means that it is no longer Saturday and Final Week is officially closed for questions. We now move to step TWO! I will now compile all your questions (or the ones I haven't compiled already) and proceed to answer them whenever I have time during the week and post them up on Sunday, May 6, unless something unprecedented happens.

YOU ARE STILL WELCOME TO LEAVE BEHIND COMMENTS. Of course. And if you're confused about something, I recommend reading through the previous questions, because they really hit almost everything. Or at least wait until Sunday.

Reading your thoughts has been an absolute privilege, darlings. I wish you all a lovely week.
Empress Vegah chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
Okay. I really love this story, and I really thought I got it? But then I have doubts myself, lol!

You are so kind to give us a chance to voice out our questions and have them answered publicly! Yay! I am so excited to ask! EEEEEE! XDDDD

1. Fragments: Why is this the title? I know you mentioned about physics (and quantum, I guess? About different dimensions?) So I was quite thinking along these lines when you have mentioned in part 23 and 26 about Arthur and Alfred. I really guess that part was about their past, when one tangent they met, and the universe and time really played them well, that they where destined to meet again because of that instance. But then I've entertained also another dimension where they really didn't meet in that parallel world. Lol! I don't know what I'm talking about!

2. Arthur's love story. It's quite unfinished, for me, because it seems that they didn't have the resolution that the writer wants to reflect in his own life. Is his black book just a list of numbers and words? Or is this actually Fragments?

3. Why 1/2 format? It's such a curious thing, that it is!

4. Is there any pattern for reading Fragments in chronological order? XDDD

5. What actually is Alfred's brain disorder? The signs and symptoms are vague, and it seems like he didn't really went into rehab, and he didn't have any exacerbation, only if he thinks of Oxford. Also, how come he couldn't let it go until Arthur placed those books in the shelf (and they still have to fight over it, so much indeed)?

6. I am so requesting Character profiles! \(*u*)/

7. I somehow don't get Arthur's issue. He was attracted to Alfred. He thought Alfred was rich. But when he saw Alfred's room, he reacted in a pitying manner. But then he wanted a bigger house for them both (thought it seemed Alfred could really afford the house, but why did he say they couldn't afford it?), and then he couldn't trust himself to stay in love with Alfred for five years...? I really think Arthur has been clingy to Alfred.

Oh my gosh so many questions! I'm sorry I just asked them now (I just had break today from reviewing)! Thank you so much! XDDDD
dyanako chapter 5 . 4/27/2012
So they never meet again after Alfred goes to Oxford? Arthur follows eventually after 2 years, but they never meet? As in get together again? I'm kinda confused XD