Reviews for The Wild Card
Puffpenguin chapter 23 . 5/11/2019
This story was very well written I hope you finish it at some point because this is one of those rare stories I feel would have a satisfying ending. If you ever wrote a book I would totally read it because with a little work I think you could write a really good book. I was drawn in from the start and though some parts you could predict it kept you on your feet with some twists and turns. Hope you keep writing.
PichiBirdy chapter 23 . 3/1/2019
Hi, I just wanted to say that I started reading this sometime in late 2013-early 2014 and to this day, this story remains my most prominent memory of my time in this fandom. Every few months I'll drop by after remembering a detail from this fanfic in the shower or in one of my classes, looking to reread a chapter for nostalgia or when I'm stressed. Of course, I'm always dropping by with a bit of hope that I'll see an update on one of these occasions, but that's beside the point. All in all, I just wanted to tell you, as the author who made such an impact on me, that I love this story and I wanted to thank you deeply for giving me something so lovely to reminisce on.
Allstarall chapter 23 . 6/18/2018
REALLy really good story. Lotsa emotions, and great writing. There are many charater interactions and I love how Alfred makes friends with so many people!
The whole FACE fam and all the people America is usually shipped with is there! Japan, Britain, and Lithuania!

A really good point of his story was the lack of Romance. Fanfic usually has is aspect, but this doesn’t! Deep bonds, without romantic attraction! Great for Ace and Aro Bros! Friendship, companionship, and sibling relations are so under appreciated. Deep US UK bond, as well as US and Japan bond, and also Lithuania US too.

Everybody is likable but there are still conflicts with self, identify, world, and politics, making a good story.

The background and folklore of this story is great too! With legends, relics, and creation stories. About positions in gov, and the marks of cards.

The only problem is the slight leaps of logic in ‘Why The Wild Card is Super Duper Important,’ ‘We Never Checked For His Jack Status,’ ‘Where Exactly Is The Mark Because He Was Seen Naked Mutiple Times,’ ‘A ‘Heart’ in Spades, and Numbers Don’t Reconize That,’ ‘Japan Sent A Petal Though He Shouldn’t Know Al Could Use It,’ ‘No One Knew What Everyone Else Looked Like,’ and probably a few more that I couldn’t think of.

Yet, those things can be overlooked because the story is great! Updates take forever though.
thanzintay.2000 chapter 23 . 1/27/2018
Wow. OK what's next?
Spagna Conquistador chapter 23 . 1/2/2018
*shrieks WHERE'S THE NEXTCHAPTER?! OH MY GOD THAT CLIFFHANGER. PLEASE UPDATE SOON I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/26/2017
Argh, I feel like we're so close to the end of the story, and yet you've disappeared for over a year D: Are you really gone so close to the end?
Guest chapter 23 . 8/18/2017
I loved this fanfic. The pacing and characters depictions are perfect. It really grabs your attention.
EnglishWollfe chapter 23 . 8/16/2017
I really hope you update soon. It's been over a year since your last update. I hope everything is okay
rwbygirl chapter 23 . 5/12/2017
This is so cool! Thanks so much for writing it! :D
MoonShadowPup chapter 1 . 4/2/2017
I am obsessed with the cardverse now because of you. thank you?
Spain Likes Turtles chapter 23 . 3/18/2017
This fic is epic!
When I read the summary I was kind of iffy on whether I wanted to read it or not, but I'm glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised to find a great story with depth and creativity. Your writing style and the plot of your story drew me in from the very first chapter. I loved how you were able to keep the characters in character while still adding in your own elements to the story. I look forward to seeing where you will take this. Thank you for writing such a great and intriguing story.
Guest chapter 23 . 3/4/2017
Holy! I have not slept while reading this story! I lived every bit of it! All of the suspense and all of the insecurities the two have for each other!, please tell me you at going to update soon! I wish to know how this masterpiece ends!
I just came across this story when I was curious about what Cardverse was, and I was not disappointed. You portray the characters and their emotions well. The nights I spent reading this, I would always fall asleep while imagining what might happen later on, and now that I reached the end, I have nothing else to do. I do hope you continue to write this story, it very good, and every second of it, had me jumping in anticipation as to what might happen next! I can't wait to know what may happen to the kingdoms and the aces. Please update soon my friend! The suspension is too much!
Akina1621 chapter 23 . 12/28/2016
Love this story! OH OH, and I have a theory ever since the whole "when the Aces disappear the Triumium-whatsits will become spiritual beings" thing.
Is Alfred gonna neutralize everything so there are no tattoos and then they will become the nation personifications they are today? I had alarm bells going off when Alfred said something about how it wasn't fair that a tattoo decided one's life. (That was like in the beginning chapters dang I have no idea how that stuck with me.)
Kayleigh1789 chapter 23 . 12/16/2016
WOW HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS. I STAYED UP TILL 4 AM READING IT TILL I PASSED OUT ON MY LAPTOP, DREAMT ABOUT IT, READ IT FOR MOST OF THE SCHOOL DAY, GOT IN TROUBLE FOR READING IT AT HOME, AND NOW IM HERE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS ITS AMAZING UPDATE SOON PLEASE
LoverOfAnimeAndYaoi chapter 23 . 11/15/2016
I cannot WAIT until the next update!