Reviews for A Duty Of Care
NancyK chapter 11 . 10/26/2021
Love reading this!
Guest chapter 12 . 9/30/2021
That was a fun read. A bit too much bashing of the Doc but otherwise excellent use of the other characters popping in to interact with the principal characters.
TheaMama chapter 12 . 7/16/2021
I wish the story was longer. I like your writing style very much, I'm sorry the Doc had to take such a bashing but it grabbed you for sure. I wonder if you could be asked to add to the story and share? I hope so.
Nerd-Herd-27 chapter 9 . 5/15/2020
This chapter, chapter 9, is just fantastic. I can easily see this happening in an actual episode; the comedic timing of each villager reacting to Martin’s eye is perfect.
reisova chapter 12 . 3/28/2020
Nice
Guest chapter 2 . 3/19/2020
Wow interesting about doc
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2020
Good start laughed
Catservant chapter 12 . 5/26/2016
Aaaw, found out that besides "The Third Time" (read that earlier today) you've only written one more Doc Martin story, this one here. What a shame, as I enjoyed this one very much as well. Again, a great mix of H/C, humour (can you see through that eye? can you see? bloody eye! can you see?...), drama, etc. Love the doc's dedication, even though he "is just doing his job"... yeah, risking his life, ignoring his on health by going out again in the night after being beaten up and getting ready for surgery the day after. It's nice to see people appreciating it, which makes the poor Doc suffer even more LOL. Good, fitting story title btw. Wished there were more Doc Martin stories by you. Thanks for sharing those two :)
bee.zippy chapter 12 . 12/13/2014
Great story! Love the scene with the red eye and everyone coming and going from Martin's house. I could just imagine each of the characters reacting exactly the way you wrote them. Thank you for sharing your time and talent!
Guest chapter 12 . 8/1/2014
Really enjoyed this story, wish you had ended it with them getting together though.
Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I don't think that an ST elevation could change in asystole and, even if it switched in ventricular fibrillation, the outcomes are very low (the people that survive after hospitalization are 2% of the total).
In hospitals after asystole very few patients obtain return of spontaneous circulation (after a 15-20 minutes resuscitation effort) and then they enter a coma that last at least a few hours.
I don't think the scene is medically possible, but I enjoyed equally your writing, very in character, I think.
clevergirl chapter 12 . 1/27/2013
Excellent story here; spot on with the characters and I loved all the snappy humor juxtaposed with the drama; all totally in keeping with the tone of the show. Also enjoyed the scenes with Chris Parsons - really nice to see DM's long-suffering old friend get some more 'camera time'!
Limaccia chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Two lines caught my eye:

1. "Proper use of a cane entails holding it on the contralateral side of the injury."

OK, is this a dig at Hugh Laurie in House? (Because I love BOTH Hugh Laurie & Martin Clunes; they are both incredibly multi-talented and, by all accounts, really nice guys)

could she love Martin so intensely, and so often be hurt by him?

That kinda seems like a no-brainer. In my experience, loving someone so intensely pretty much guarantees you are going to be often hurt by them!
Limaccia chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
In my first 2 reviews, I didn't mention how I loved the bit about the nurse who had the affair with Martin which understandably fascinated Louisa. If I'd been Louisa, I'd have said, No, I haven't had dinner, I'm not very hungry, but I'd love a little bit of your lovely chicken!
Limaccia chapter 2 . 2/9/2012
Oh crud!, just went to check out your other stories only to find out that you'd only done one Doc Martin story. Bummer. Your medical background certainly helps with writing him and you obviously have a good grasp of the characters. I hope you write another.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »