Reviews for Unknown Type Rescue
AnneSheffield chapter 7 . 3/9
Oh, wow. That was a rough one. Wish that type of story could be just that - a fictional story. But I know it isn't. Life is sometimes very, very cruel and ugly. Thank you for letting our "boys" reflect the compassion and professionalism that real crews show on a daily basis.
AnneSheffield chapter 6 . 3/9
Excellent chapter. And I laughed out loud at the last line of it. Poor Johnny. Just gotta love him.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/19/2013
These are great! Unknown type rescues are my favorite - you never know what you're getting. And your writing is so good it makes them really fun.
catlover2x chapter 13 . 8/29/2013
I really enjoyed the inside glimpse to the station and all the rescues. Each chapter had something interesting or funny or insightful. I'm glad you updated recently and I hope you keep going with this series. Thanks for posting.
Agent Striker chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
EWW. *Twitches, shivers, gags* Hoarders! Now I need to go clean something.

Loved the cleaning of the station at the end...esp. Marco's comment about washing his cat ;]
Ariane Rivendell chapter 13 . 7/27/2013
Ugh. The kind of rescue location where ya gotta wonder "Why did I sign up for this again?" :-)

As always, masterfully written with believable, down-to-earth characters and a sense of suspense that leaves me on my seat wondering how it's all gonna turn out. Your stories are not only grounded in realism with a look at humanity's potential for foibles and heroism but imbued with things to learn and think about.

I also really loved this line:

It so much puts us (well, me) in the POV of Sam and Reggie 'cause goodness knows I want to help, but I think many forget or don't realize how much training goes into what the FD does. For a crew like 51s, as we all know, they're a well-oiled machine and know what they're doing and can do it with great precision and efficiency. Your stories showcase that very well and is always one of my favorite aspects of your work.

Very nicely done!
Piscean6724 chapter 13 . 7/27/2013
Very powerful story. This would have made a great rescue for an episode and very educational as well. Well done, my friend.
Bamboozlepig chapter 13 . 7/26/2013
This scenario has definitely happened several times in my area and usually the outcome is not good. Again, excellent update, I loved these lines for their stark clarity:

"At first, both men had been offended and angry to have their offer of help rebuffed, but as they watched the rescue, they each realized that they would've been in the way; would've been a wrench thrown into the cogs of the crew that was lifting Bill to the barn floor."

"Medical jargon flew by, and Sam slumped on the floor, in a pose reminiscent of his brother's, but far less foreboding."
Jrsgirl chapter 13 . 7/25/2013
Another great chapter! Thanks.
Shirley Jean chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
Excellent chapter - great job!
HeroWorshiper chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
Wow! Powerful chapter! Manure pit, huh. Not sure exactly how or why that would be needed/used. Guess I'm more of a city girl than I thought. Enjoyed the chapter.
Jojara chapter 2 . 7/24/2013
When I was a child my parents purchased a load of wood for our fire burning stove that, unbeknownst to them, had poison ivy vines. I had to have several shots to deal with a reaction similar to the one in this story. Very scary. An event like this is better in story form than in real life.
SaraiEsq chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
Fabulous! Very nicely done. You keep setting the bar so high!
ginabelle64 chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
Oh wow! That was definitely an unusual rescue! Glad everything turned out OK. No telling what kind of rescue will come up next!
Enfleurage chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
After that recent news article about the man and his son-in-law who perished going into some tank (I don't remember what it was) I was dreading what might happen to Bill and truly fearing the worst. This ending rang honest and true: maybe it's not the miraculous full recovery but they saved him - the crew's speedy and very coordinated response - and his brother and the penknife in his hand ... I totally teared up.