Reviews for Marriage by Entail
Icy eyed Angel chapter 23 . 10/2
I really liked your story :) hope you will post a sequel, because the ending was a bit sudden
ClaireR89 chapter 18 . 9/17
Well written just too slow/ too short chapters. Either way it balances out to slow pace
ClaireR89 chapter 13 . 9/17
Wooo more angst and forced drama
ClaireR89 chapter 6 . 9/17
If you werent overdoing their personalities it'd be more enjoyable
ClaireR89 chapter 1 . 9/17
Jedediah? Of all the names of have guess for an OC this wasn't even close XD
Fritzie193 chapter 23 . 8/9/2018
This is such a wonderful story! Love it! Thank you for sharing this!
Guest chapter 23 . 7/30/2017
What?! You can't end it here ! What don't you write the 2nd season ? It would be so great! I really love your story
stacey caitlin chapter 23 . 2/27/2017
What an awesome story. And very beautifully written. You brought to life one of my favorite plots ever: that of Matthew slowly and ever so patiently winning Mary's love. I love how you portrayed the two of them in your story.
Matthew with his patience, understanding and devotion. I love that refuses to compromise his principles just because he is desperate to win her love. He is steadfast and true. The perfect gentleman, the brilliant lawyer, the obedient son, the sensitive friend, the vulnerable and entirely smitten husband.
The way you wrote Mary was brilliant. You highlighted her insecurities, fears and frustrations, but you did so without alienating the reader. Instead, you made her vulnerable and solicited a genuine sympathy for her. The way she embraces Matthew's influence (albeit hesitantly and definitely secretly at first) and eventually sheds her immaturity and pride is just so beautifully done.
They go through so many obstacles, so many push-and-pulls. All these delays made a perfectly agonizing slow burn... but oh, it was incredibly gratifying in the end.
I also appreciate getting both of their points of view. The dialogues and monologues are awesome.
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this story. I know it has been several years, but I want you to know that it is still very much appreciated.
Ssnqrq chapter 23 . 6/8/2015
I re read your story one more time and found it still brilliant as the first time I saw it. It's great if you have time for a sequel because this story deserves that!
ShippingMaryandMatthewForever chapter 23 . 1/24/2015
Hello, I thought I would re read this story and wondered if you had thought of writing some more to the story. This story is great and I quite like it so I hope you do continue with it. :)
Renn chapter 23 . 8/26/2014
This story was brilliant. Thank you very much for writing it
Lady Isabelle Black chapter 22 . 4/15/2014
please write a sequel to this story
Lady Isabelle Black chapter 23 . 4/15/2014
love this story
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 23 . 9/6/2013
This was thoroughly enjoyable! A fascinating AU that was played out well. I had some minor nitpicks: American turns of phrase and vocabulary, some sentences that started out one way and ended up another, that sort of thing, but with a couple of rereads I could always figure out what you meant to say and your premise and execution were so compelling that it was worth working my way through the technical details. :) The premise was contrived, obviously, which you acknowledged at the very beginning, but once that disbelief was suspended, you did a really lovely job on the characterizations! I especially loved the bit where Robert went out of his way to try to instill character in Patrick, and then to investigate Matthew's character. The odd sort-of crossover with Pride & Prejudice was faintly amusing. Matthew being terribly embarrassed by his mother's conversation made me laugh. Mary and Matthew both felt like just the right amount of immaturity at the beginning, growing into maturity. I so much loved how quickly both realized they had to apologize: that, more than anything, was the best way to indicate how solid and loving a marriage theirs would be. It was so much fun to read: I couldn't put it down and it had me smiling and frustrated and satisfied and saddened and amused again, in all the right places. Thanks for writing this!
Guest chapter 23 . 8/31/2013
Oh please DO continue this! I see that you haven't written a DA story since but this is brilliant and us yanks need something to tide us over while we're waiting for S4 to appear!