Reviews for Stregoni Benefici, Unico
kiwihipp chapter 21 . 3/10
That was really beautiful, despite all the horrors that you describe!
Jessica314 chapter 21 . 3/8
(thanks for the link- it didn't work, but I found it using those words as search terms. I love learning about Civil War stuff. So sad but true, how medicine was so far behind military technology, in that war especially)

I love the idea of Carlisle donning an army medic's uniform and sneaking into camp! He must have seen (and done, unfortunately) so many horrible things- tons of amputations, especially. He really has come a long way in terms of resisting blood, to be able to manage that!

I've always wondered what the exact "resolution" of vampire vision is. Like, I assume Carlisle can see some organisms that are invisible to the human eye, but probably not bacteria, right?

Oh, I just love Carlisle's humility here at the end. He doesn't realize that the beauty of his selfless, kind heart makes him far more a "man" that any of these mortals around him will ever be :)

Great job as always! I'm so glad you gave us a civil war scene :) If you decided to do another we would all love to meet Garrett in Yorktown! (the new screenplay is okay, but I bet you could do much better!)
KJOHN chapter 21 . 3/7
I love your writing and attention to detail. Great chapter. I will wait for however long it takes for you to bring us these interesting little historical tidbits that you so expertly weave into Carlisle's story.
kiwihipp chapter 20 . 9/1/2014
Welcome back!

This was a nice interlude in Carlisle's life. To have visitors and be able to show them what you like is always great!
Jessica314 chapter 20 . 8/30/2014
Beautiful job, as always! It's so funny to think of the vampire ladies with their big dresses and parasols, running across the American frontier LOL! I also like the idea of drugging the horses slightly. Good idea!

Poor Timothy... is he never going to see his family again? That's so sad :(

So it looks like Carlisle's loneliness is still growing, though this trip with his friends must have been a relief. Looks like he is beginning to wonder if the only way to have a companion is to make one. Still a while to wait, though! poor lonely vegetarian :(

Great chapter! Thanks for updating!
Jessica314 chapter 18 . 7/1/2014
This was a fun one! I bet Emmett is going to love hearing about this someday :) Although now that I think about it, maybe Carlisle wouldn't tell him- it's not wise to give Emmett any ideas LOL!

Well, sadly (or happily?) I'm caught up to the current point, so... I'm ready for more! Seriously, don't worry about how long it takes to update. It's not like this is a story with cliffhangers killing us between waits :) I do love it, though! At first I skipped over this one because there was no Edward or anyone else, but Eternity made me fall in love with Carlisle, and with your writing. Your ideas (especially in this "collection of one-shots" type of writing) are so creative and I just love the history that you build them around. I feel so deeply for Carlisle and for his growing loneliness (I notice you're having him think about it more often as you go on). I'm looking forward to a Civil War chapter, if you're headed that way soon. And though I do feel sorry for Carlisle, I'm very much looking forward to his increasing depression and loneliness and how you bring it about, since I know that happy endings are on their way in less than a century now!
Jessica314 chapter 16 . 7/1/2014
well, Carlisle has come a long way- no mention of terrible thirst anymore. Good for him!

man, it's going to get much easier when Edward's around, to know when it's time to leave town.
Jessica314 chapter 15 . 7/1/2014
Back in merry old England! I love these brushing-shoulders scenes, especially when we get peeks into famous people's minds like this.

aw Esme foreshadowing again! poor lonely Carlisle!
Jessica314 chapter 14 . 7/1/2014
I like Prudence's visions of airplanes :) This was a cool twist on Alice's talent- and you're right, I never got the impression that Carlisle was too surprised by Alice. I'm almost to that point in my own series right now (I'm writing prequels) and to be frank, it's going to be rather disappointing to have the meeting go so smoothly. Oh well, canon is canon!

uh oh... I'm nervous about the green door thing! What's going to happen!
Jessica314 chapter 13 . 7/1/2014
Garrett! I was hoping this would be coming up soon! That's a really cool approach, having Carlisle be the first vampire he meets, and attacking him! What a cool idea!

Man, Carlisle didn't pull any punches did he? Garrett doesn't seem to mind, though. As long as there's Redcoats to kill, he's good :)
Jessica314 chapter 12 . 7/1/2014
Liza! :) I'm normally not interested in OCs but I just love her, for her eccentric, stuff personality as well as how much she's done for Carlisle. Just seeing him smile because of her visit makes me so happy. He's been so lonely in America, meeting tons of vampires but hardly making any friends (and completely failing to convert anyone to vegetarianism)

It's sweet, the balance that you let Carlisle's character strike between his distaste and disapproval for Liza's diet, and his friendship and tolerance of her choice. I love it :)
Jessica314 chapter 11 . 7/1/2014
This is the kind of situation that really shows the different between Carlisle and young Edward.

aw. Esme foreshadowing :)
Jessica314 chapter 10 . 6/30/2014
this was a really interesting look into the vampire world. It seems a bit more crowded than it does in later years- I guess vampires don't tend to stick around as much, the busier the night life of a city gets?

oh poor Carlisle! A century from now he'll STILL be alone :(
Jessica314 chapter 9 . 6/30/2014
I'm glad you're taking it slow with Carlisle's growing resistance to human blood. it makes him seem more.. well I guess human isn't the right word :) I guess newborn Edward will just be in awe of Carlisle's control, not seeing the centuries of effort and suffering that went into it.
Jessica314 chapter 8 . 6/30/2014
that was scary for a minute! I like how you're making up a few new vampires for Carlisle to run into, and this was a neat twist, having him feel like he was briefly in danger of being killed. It's so funny to see people of him as a "harmless lunatic", though I'm sure that's what the Volturi thought of him, as well.