Reviews for Stregoni Benefici, Unico
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 21 . 9/20
I've never heard of this mystery before; I'll definitely be checking it out! You've done spectacular job of incorporating history in this series & trying to keep everything accurate; it's been like walking thru a history book with a old friend, so my heartfelt thanks for that!

God surely does do miracles, and answer prayers, in the strangest ways sometimes. I like how you wrote that Carlisle was trying figure out scientifically what was causing the "angel glow", but on the other hand he was content to let it remain a mysterious medical miracle. It must have been quite a relief (and inspired a lot of hope) to see something like this after such a bloody battle.

I do hope that you continue this series; you've been doing such a good job so far! But if not, then I'll thank for sharing your God-given TALENT for writing such wonderful stories.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 20 . 9/20
Nice to see Timothy and Liza again (though it's a shame that the Jones' couldn't have a happier ending, but some happiness is better than noon).

That would've been an AMAZING (in all senses of the word) trip to have gone on: to have been able to see all those natural wonders before they became tourist spots: mmmm, mmmm!

You have a wondrous talent to be able to get to the heart of the matter in just a few sentences: abandon your dearly held principals, or live in solitude until a miracle happens & you find/make someone like yourself. Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place (and there's moral dilemma too)! By the way, good arguments on both Liza's and Carlisle's parts for the merits of their particularlul diets. Both are compelling, but I'll side Carlisle on this matter. :)
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 19 . 9/20
Wow. This one could've been a story in and of itself! You've been doing a great job of creating characters from all walks of life & bring in their unique perspectives, and this one is no exception. A great big kudos to you! I sure do hope to see Timothy & his family in the future, and that against all odds, their story will have a happy ending.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 18 . 9/20
You know, that was actually a really clever idea. Macabre, gory, and frightening as all get, but clever. It was interesting to see Carlisle put his "skills" to use in such a manner, and all in the interest of saving lives.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 17 . 9/20
Huh. So the Booth family is both famous AND infamous, who knew?

Wow, that was a decidedly morbid end.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 16 . 9/19
I agree with Carlisle's assessment of war, although the comment about the Bible I've never thought of before (hmmm, something to think about).
That last paragraph got me thinking: you really would HAVE to be an optimist to survive immortality, at least if you want to stay sane and still be pleasant to be around.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 15 . 9/19
I can tell you after having attended ballroom dances for many years that Miss Austin's observations are most accurate, with perhaps the exception of hopes for marriage (although there was a proposal once :)). I wonder what Carlisle thought when he found out that Jane Austen had become a famous author?
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 14 . 9/19
By all means, continue making (and exploring) OCs, be they human or vampire! You've been doing a great job so far. :) I was wondering if john & Prudence would make a reappearance. And with a gift such as her's, she would HAVE TO follow her namesake. Now I'm SUPER curious (with a bit of trepidation thrown in) as to what this mysterious green door holds.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 13 . 9/19
Garrett makes his debut! And it went well, all things considered. I wonder how many others think/went made when the they first "woke up"? Hopefully the of them will be able to spend some time together before they part ways.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 12 . 9/19
That's very interesting: the parallels between the Declaration of Independence and Carlisle's personal beliefs/philosophy. I wonder what he was doing on July 4th? It's good to see Liza again, even though it spells doom for the prisoners of Philadelphia.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 11 . 9/19
I think that would be the hardest part for Carlisle: having the ability and desire to help, but being unable to do so safely. Glad the he was able to help the lady out, despite the risks. Little does he know that in just a few decades, he'll be faced with a similar situation that will change his life FOREVER!
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 9 . 9/19
Ah, your conscience: such a wondrous thing that can drive you beyond yourself. That scene with the deer was so beautiful, and yet so sad, to be able to find something so similar to him. I hope he can find a good friend soon.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 8 . 9/19
I've never really thought about it, you're right: it really is a wonder that Carlisle survived on his own for so long, especially with how much traveling he did. I guess it was the combination of "being considered a harmless lunatic with a strong diet", his personality, common sense, and a LOT of luck.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 7 . 9/19
I'm starting to grow quite fond of you character Liza and and her endearingly brusque attitude. Her assessment of of Carlisle was both humorous & touching. I dearly hope to see more of her in the future.
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 6 . 9/19
One would have to wonder if Francesco Solimena didn't suspect that they were otherworldly, what with how long it would take to paint a scene like that.
I would imagine there would have MANY discussions like this, and it's a wonder that he stayed with the Volturi as long as he did (though loneliness IS a powerful motivator). So now it's on to America and the adventures that await there. :)