Reviews for princess of mine
grandiose6 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
"Lu Ten used to say that dual swords were two halves of the same whole he says and puts the swords together and then apart to demonstrate. They look totally separate, but they aren't, they are always connected, Zuko explains. And Azula wants more than anything to understand."

Oh. Oh my heart.
AvatarRai chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I generally like azula stories, but this one is something special. I love how you brought out azula's character, in such a vivid and believable way, as well as the relationship the mentioned siblings share. ...Two children who deal with their suppression in such vastly different ways trying to survive and to be loved even if they don't realize what they're doing...

A very touching take on their highness childhood, i'd love to see a next chapter, yet even now the story seems complete.

Rai
Vaneria Potter chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Awwww.

I actually sniffled while reading this. You captured Azula and her family relationships perfectly.

Zuko and Azula are at odds a lot, but there are points (The Beach, Zuko's concern when they are both blown off the airship, even when Azula warns him about visiting Iroh) when the two of them do show actual concern for each other.

In a way, Azula may have had it worse than Zuko. Ozai pretty much said that he thought Zuko was worthless and that he had no expectations of him, but Azula was constantly under Ozai's scrutiny and he expected a lot out of her. Azula knows Ozai, and what he does to people who disappoint him, but she doesn't have anyone to confide in, because Zuko is naive, Ursa is missing, and Iroh doesn't like/trust her.

I've been wondering. Iroh sends Azula gifts and treats her nicely, but between then and when Zuko is banished, he somehow changes. He's overlooked some fairly bad stuff (not to mention attitude) from Zuko, so why not Azula?

I have a theory that a servant overheard Azula's comment about Ozai becoming Fire Lord if Iroh and Lu Ten died, or Zuko telling him about what happened when Ursa disappeared, and thought that Azula took deliberate part in Azulon's death and Ozai's coronation.
GaaraHinataWake chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
In a way I feel really bad for Azula, I mean if one looked at her situation then anyone could see that maybe she didn't want to turn out the way that she did. I also think that in a weird Azula way the only reason she tried to kill Zuko in the third season was maybe she was trying to kill all of those "weak" feelings she got whenever she thought about the people she cared about. Also in the third season she starts having vision like converastions will her mother and she expresses to that vision that she felt that she had no choice in the matter.

I loved the sister, brother moment between Azula and Zuko. It was so cute and refreshing to see Azula do something nice for her big brother. I also thought it was ironic how in Azula's little fantasy world it was only her and Zuko living together. Perhaps this is because she can tell that he cares for her, and in turn she cares for him. I wonder what would have happened to her after Zuko was banished, I know in the Avatar universe they showed her smiling in satisfation, but I wonder what was really going through her head after she realized that she would have to face their father alone from then on out. I know that she would probably never say it out loud but I think that she truly would have missed him being there, because I think she knows that he would do almost anything to make her happy.

Well, I think I'm all done with my rant lol:) I would love to see this little tibbit continued because maybe you could clear up a few things about Azula that were never cleared up in the show. I would, but I don't think that I could do it justice. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to read more. :D
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I've read "poor little Azula" fics before that had me wincing in sympathy for the girl as her moments of innocent goodness became increasingly rare or were even punished by her monstrous father, but this is the first such fic I've ever read that actually had me sniffling back tears.
ArrayePL chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
This was adorable and sad and great to read. Is it a one shot?
21 | « Prev Page 1 2