Reviews for How Never Became Forever
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 26 . 4/17
Wauw. This has been one hell of a ride! An amazing one none the less. I loved this. Absolutely adored it. I've read many of the closed off Elena fics, but this is by far the best. Amazing plot line, amazing pace. Everything was just perfect. I loved it .Great job.
LexiaMitchell chapter 26 . 3/27
This story is so unbelievably perfect that I cried! You did amazing!
Short on words chapter 26 . 2/17
I enjoyed your story and loved the ending. I loved all the drama and their gradual friendship. Every chapter was a pleasure to read. Thanks for writing, you did a great job!
fadabella chapter 26 . 2/11
oh you are a godess! I love this story so much, that i am sad that it's over, but believe me, it is over in the best kind of way! I loved every word of this story and savoured every chapter! I repeat you are a godess!
ummis chapter 26 . 2/10
This is my second time reading this story and I have to say that it's one of my favourite fanfics ever. I think the reason why I like it so much is all the character insight and their development that you managed to write so well! Great job :)
mrsl488 chapter 26 . 2/5
I honestly don't know how I have not come across this amazing story before now. All I can say is thank goodness! I cannot remember the last time I literally read an entire fic without stopping, so let me thank you now for keeping me awake all night. Hopefully I won't fall asleep at work. ;-)

It's a rare thing to find such a wonderfully thought out, well-written, story that not only delivers an unforgettable romance, but a story of friendship, forgiveness, family, and discovering who you are. To find it here a ff dot net with my favorite characters filling out the cast is like icing on the cake.

Your character development was off the charts. Honestly, I felt that a few of the characters were steady throughout. Damon is the perfect hero, but truly comes to the story just as he's grown into the man he's meant to be, which clearly was necessary for him to lead Elena down the path to her self discovery. I appreciated that Elena, while stubborn to a fault, was also open to change despite being so closed off as the story began. As Damon states in the epilogue, she recognized at their second meeting what they could mean to each other. Walking with her along her path of self-discovery was enlightening and certainly made me think about myself and rethink how I've responded to situations in my own life. This is a true testament of your storytelling ability as not every author can inspire while entertaining.

The secondary characters were delightful. The contrast between Caroline and Bonnie provided a nice image of the angel on one shoulder with the devil on the other. That Bonnie ends up being a bit devilish in the end makes this imagery more concrete. I admit that I liked that she ended up being sort of a bad guy, because it broke the mold of the girls and their perfect, endless friendship which gets a bit worn out at times. Great use of character names throughout the story, even though they were completely OOC, it just reminded the reader that this was still a TVD story.

One of my favorite parts of the entire story was the creation of the Mystic Grille. As a work in progress throughout the story it stood as a nice metaphor for Elena's progress and the reveal of the bar's name at the end was a sweet surprise and a great touch.

One thing that unfortunately stood out were the numerous typos. As wonderful as your story is you owe it to yourself to go back and fix them as they were distracting and at times affected the pacing of the story. Otherwise, this is a wonderful story which went right onto my favorites list!
madelene.bengtsdotter chapter 1 . 1/23
I reread this fic a few days ago. Still love it!
ElenaGilbertWarriorQueen chapter 2 . 12/26/2013
I love their interactions and I love this version of Elena
psymplemind chapter 26 . 12/12/2013
Well lady, you are a very talented writer with extraordinary insight into human nature (which is what makes most literature work in the fist place). Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I do hope you keep writing. Ill be looking forward hopefully to more from you.
psymplemind chapter 25 . 12/12/2013
Well done!
psymplemind chapter 24 . 12/12/2013
The Stefan visit was needed and you wrote it very well. Two thumbs up :)
psymplemind chapter 23 . 12/12/2013
Tragedy!
But it is true...long distance relationships for most people don't work. Whether college, military, traveling for work...tends to lead to affairs with others near, then break up
But...if its meant to be...it will be! Maybe later than sooner
psymplemind chapter 22 . 12/12/2013
How can a person not know when they're in love? I mean she's not 14. Not a baby! She's been around the block. Admits she had once loved Stefan. Is she still in deep seated denial?
psymplemind chapter 21 . 12/12/2013
People ALWAYS jump to conclusions! And wrongly more often than not...
psymplemind chapter 20 . 12/12/2013
I don't think it was fluffy! The conversation dominated the chapter tome...and only culminated in sex as it would have done in 99% of couples...natural progression of a make-up
1,285 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »