Reviews for Graceful Degradation
Firefox178 chapter 16 . 8/17
That was an excellent read. I do wonder how the TSAB is going to react to the Garden of Time. Since in this story it was not destroyed, unlike in canon were it was.
Star Shatterer chapter 16 . 8/15
God I spent way too long reading that, how many words was it I wonder? Thanks for the update, it's been so long that I actually went back and reread the entire thing, so the past few days off for me were pretty nice. I can't wait to see where you go from this, and reading your ending notes does leave me a bit bummed being as invested in the NanoFate camp as I am, but I'm not about to judge this story any on that kind of thing seeing as I am really loving it. Your last line there is foreboding, and I can't wait to see where it leads. I look forward to your next update, thanks again!

-Star Shatterer
mysticinfluencer97 chapter 16 . 8/13
That was great. Couldn't tear myself away from this last chapter. Nanoha getting caught and the soul searching she went through was quite well thought out and fleshed out her character, in my opinion. Really enjoyed the whole arc, really, with how you flipped it right on its head from the get go.
Is the story done? From how you wrote the author's note at the end, it seems like everything has concluded, and reached its end, in quite the satisfying manner, with how all the Main characters have either resolved their conflicts or are making good strides to achieve that. I'd be all for continuing the story, but I wouldn't be completely broken hearted if you stopped here. Though actually the TSAB characters still lack closure on their part, so there's plans for that, hopefully?

You've done an amazing job with this piece man, exploring what would change if the kids didn't have the TSAB to turn to. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fantastic read.
DragonBox94 chapter 16 . 8/12
Welcome back!
THANKYOU chapter 1 . 8/12
Oh My GOD! You seriously just made my shit day SO MUCH BETTER! I'm so happy and excited right now that this story has updated. All I've got to say is to keep doing whatever it is you're doing cause you've got something right with this story! It's literally one of my fav's thus why I'm still following it after 2 years of no updates. Seriously I can't thank you enough for updating.
dopplerdee chapter 16 . 8/11
It lives!
engkeat.goh chapter 16 . 8/11
Finally!Too long!Glad you back!
After reading I had some questions.
1. Is Nanoha's mage suit different from anime?
2. What you mean "Yuuno will be heterosexual, Fate will in time come to understand that she's demisexual, and Nanoha will realize that she's firmly on the asexuality spectrum"?
3. What are demisexual and asexuality spectrum?
4. I'm not understand "Yuuno's role here will one day be a legend in the archaeological community commensurate with Tony Stark building an arc reactor and a suit of power armor in a cave with a box of scraps. (On a related note, it is Teana rather than Subaru who will be enamored of Nanoha should I ever write StrikerS.) " What this mean? Some kind of harem of Yuuno or Yuuno save Teana?
BF110C4 chapter 16 . 8/11
I'm so glad you're back, and in which way. This whole chapter was amazing in many different ways, from Nanoha creating a highly especialized non-combat spell to Fate having therapy (sort of), to the epic conclusion of the Book case.

Even if the TSAB was filled with warmongering people instead of the smart and highly reasonable individuals we know are in command they would be very wary and polite of the group of children who has already stopped two S-class events without support, those are the kind of alerts they send battleships full of troops to contain!
NET chapter 16 . 8/11
It was a really pleasant surprise when saw the update.

And you didn't dissapoint me. The story of this chapter got me hooked up from start to finish.

The part about Yumeko was very makes me feel sad to see her gone but I guess that's just how the world work, and we still have Reinforce to looking forward to.

I'll always waiting for your next chapter. No matter how long it will take. Your fix is just that good.

Thank you very much.
Kuflarger chapter 16 . 8/10
Great Chapter. It's been a while, but it was definitely worth it. I'll have to reread the story from the beginning, but I hope you continue the story
jgkitarel chapter 16 . 8/10
Nice to see you are still working on this. It's been so long that I was concerned that it was a dead fic, which would have been a shame.

I liked how you actually took a serious look at the characters and what made them tick, especially Nanoha. Forcing her to confront the fact that all her power was meaningless without her friends served as a major wakeup call for her.

Fate's issues aren't resolved, not yet, but she's reached a point where she can start reconciling them. Precia was insane, her obsessions showed that. At the same time, despite her villainous nature, you can't help but feel pity for her when you realize why she was insane. Ironically, her obsession with bringing Alicia back kept her functional.

Yuuno and Arf had a major chance to shine as well, with the two of them not only falling into roles that were well suited for them, but also showing that while they are support oriented, that does NOT mean that they are weak or incapable.

While the issue with Yumeko went the canon route, though in a different way, you hinted earlier that this would likely be the case. It wasn't a lack of capability here, though, but the lack of resources, time and such were against him. He did a lot, and what he accomplished ensured that more remained than otherwise would, but this success is probably a bittersweet one for him. At the same time, Hayate could accept that, however reluctantly. Everyone tried, and they ensured that Yumeko's remaining days were happy ones, which is the best they could do.
Lina esrevnI chapter 16 . 8/10
this last chapter felt perfect, I started to cry great job with everything.
Gateman chapter 8 . 8/10
! It Lives!
Happerry chapter 16 . 8/10
Woot, this isn't dead! And a very nice chapter indeed, even if I'm sad that the Book couldn't be saved. I can understand why, but I still find it sad. Ten thumbs up and looking forwards to whenever the next chapter is ready. _
Arnoldstrife chapter 16 . 8/10
This is my favorite Nanoha fanfic. One that I thought would never be finish. Now it has an ending, even if you decide to continue it. It's beautiful.
The best part of this story and chapter is the characters. There is just so much emotional depth to them. They have issues and feelings they deal with outside of the overall plot. They feel like people and not characters being marionette along, only moving because the plot demands it. Even reinforce which only shows up this chapter was giving such care and depth. It's brilliant. It's even harder I believe in Nanoha's case because writing a character as a "hero" coming off as a real person more than because the story needs a hero is amazingly hard. To show the driving motivation without coming off flat is rare and I think a lot of stories and people just simply accept the "hero" to readily at face value. You again do a fantastic job, more so that the original material.

Honestly I never though I would see another chapter and it's amazing. Thank you again. If you continue to do a StrikerS that would be amazing or maybe even something original inbetween. The TSAB is apparently a few years out before stopping by anyway so that's cool. I'm glad we got a conclusion to this and anymore you make would be unimaginably awesome. Even an epilogue. I kinda would love to see what the TSAB thought about seeing an Arc-en-ciel level weapon being shot out from the Earth if they were able detect it in the first place.

Although really everything wrapped up pretty well here so I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors and thanks again for this remarkable piece of fiction.