Reviews for Pair the Spare
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/5
the titular concept is great for tying up loose ends but doesnt make the most sense from the character's perspective and has a few unfortunate implications
Wow!it seems very interesting to take a look into Luna's mind about harry asking her !
chai4anne chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
What an intriguing examination of Luna, and-in that one short paragraph about her husband-of a kind of love that writers rarely look at. Intelligent, poignant, lovely. I'm so glad I came across this!
drake.clc chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Thank you for this beautiful written one shot. Really sad but thats how life is. Thank you.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Right in the feels, you bastard. Right in the bloody feels.
karl131058 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Well written - but oh soooo sad ...
seidh chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Beautiful. I can't determine which is more painful, Luna being leftover, or Luna accepting that she is a leftover. I loved the friendship between her and Harry in the books.
Filigranka chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Very nice fic. Almost meta (or maybe meta put into pretty narrative voice?) - it depicts the way Rowling and many other authors treat their characters very well. So, so functional - she is a single and he is a single and I need a romance. I need a death and Remus and Tonks are hard to handle as a couple etc. It's probably proper way to write fiction, but your fic, by taking it and changing into part of the depicted world, something the character is aware about, makes it a little more unsettling.

Though I'm not sure if Luna's vision of love isn't a little idealised one (which suits her well, I supposed, and it definitely suits the tone and the topic of the fic). The love, love in real world, is very often the result of circumstances and I'm not sure where border between "choice" and "good circumstances" lies. It almost like Luna overanalyses it - somehow, I think, most people can find some "reasons, situations etc." - like she finds "grief over her father's recent death, and desire for a family of her own, that drew her to Rolf, and desire for companionship that drew him to her, more than any real spark among the two of them" - behind their love choices.

It's not the drawback of the fic, absolutely not. I find it much better, much deeper because of that - it raises question which cannot be answered easily, and is doing it almost off-handedly, hiding it in good story.
BlackGryphon101 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I love your insight into Luna's life.
Scabbers1957 chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This was a wee bit of a teary eye flick. Well done.

:))
ellie111lee chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
You are an absolutely amazing author. No wonder this story has so many reviews. It runs very deep. Perfect for Luna.
elmoryakhan chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
A really heart touching story! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Fallen Gods Rise chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
A surprisingly moving story very well written.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Believable and touching. I had been hoping for Harry to end up with Luna since the fifth book and was surprised that he went after Ginny instead.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This was good but I always hoped for Harry/Luna in the books and films. They look cute and seem a better match than the people they ended up with.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »