Reviews for Pair the Spare
karl131058 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Well written - but oh soooo sad ...
seidh chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Beautiful. I can't determine which is more painful, Luna being leftover, or Luna accepting that she is a leftover. I loved the friendship between her and Harry in the books.
Filigranka chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Very nice fic. Almost meta (or maybe meta put into pretty narrative voice?) - it depicts the way Rowling and many other authors treat their characters very well. So, so functional - she is a single and he is a single and I need a romance. I need a death and Remus and Tonks are hard to handle as a couple etc. It's probably proper way to write fiction, but your fic, by taking it and changing into part of the depicted world, something the character is aware about, makes it a little more unsettling.

Though I'm not sure if Luna's vision of love isn't a little idealised one (which suits her well, I supposed, and it definitely suits the tone and the topic of the fic). The love, love in real world, is very often the result of circumstances and I'm not sure where border between "choice" and "good circumstances" lies. It almost like Luna overanalyses it - somehow, I think, most people can find some "reasons, situations etc." - like she finds "grief over her father's recent death, and desire for a family of her own, that drew her to Rolf, and desire for companionship that drew him to her, more than any real spark among the two of them" - behind their love choices.

It's not the drawback of the fic, absolutely not. I find it much better, much deeper because of that - it raises question which cannot be answered easily, and is doing it almost off-handedly, hiding it in good story.
BlackGryphon101 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I love your insight into Luna's life.
Scabbers1957 chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This was a wee bit of a teary eye flick. Well done.

:))
ellie111lee chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
You are an absolutely amazing author. No wonder this story has so many reviews. It runs very deep. Perfect for Luna.
elmoryakhan chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
A really heart touching story! Thank you for sharing this with us.
Fallen Gods Rise chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
A surprisingly moving story very well written.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Believable and touching. I had been hoping for Harry to end up with Luna since the fifth book and was surprised that he went after Ginny instead.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This was good but I always hoped for Harry/Luna in the books and films. They look cute and seem a better match than the people they ended up with.
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
That... is so sad. And very true, I see it in fanfic all the time. It's human nature to want to pair everyone off, and wrap up the loose ends. Poor Luna- I always think she deserves better.
Loki Firefox chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Beautifully poignant. What I do love about this is that while Luna is sad about being "the spare" she isn't bitter or resentful. She may not have chosen her life but what she did choose, she cherishes.

I always pair Harry with Hermione but Luna is a very, very close second. And it's character pieces like these that justify that in my head.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This was very interesting and also sad. You have a very different imagining of Luna than I have seen before and it is very well written and portrayed.

Good Job
chelseyb chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Oh, this is so bittersweet. Such a wonderful capture of a side of Luna that undoubtedly exists, yet we so rarely get to see it. That repetition of being "the spare" throughout her life, so much to the point that it includes her marriage, is heartbreaking.

I have to admit I never thought much of Harry asking Luna, but this paints it in a whole new light. Well done!
iota0000 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012