Reviews for Girlfriend in a Box
rx9872 chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
This is good. I like how Sheldon's mother told him that he couldn't treat a woman like a "mint in box" action figure.
Loufiction chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
This is nice. Sad but very nice.
Amy's father has always been a mystery but I really like what you've made out of it :)
Great job!
AnitaRez chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
This is a very sweet story.
Pinnatus chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Too cute! Love the layers of this story and making it interesting but still very Shamy focused! I love how this is the start of your series on this wonderful couple. You really capture who they are and focus on moving them forward. I seriously read this in their voices. Great job! Favorited!
pisquenta chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
I can just curl up and cry now
smkffnut chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I know you posted this fic long ago, but I have to comment! This was so precious. It brought the best out in all the characters, even Howard! Mary's line about the mint-in-box figures was so insightful. Despite her oddities, she really gets Sheldon and is an awesome mother. Your handling of Sheldon and Amy was, as always, superb! Seems there's a perfect set-up for a sequel here... hint, hint. Thanks for writing!
Zephyr.Camida chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Oh. My word. This was brilliant. I am almost in tears. If only the show would dare have something this emotional actually happen. The show of both Sheldon's and all their friends' actions to show support for Amy and getting her where she needed to be was so overwhelmingly sweet. Those are the kinds of friends everyone should have in life, and even reading about it made me feel warm. And the ending was just as perfect. You have a vast talent for writing that I envy!
dessertisserved chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Type your review here...
Laurie Lu chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I absolutely loved this fanfic. I was a little wary due to the title but thankfully you had a nice summary and now the title makes complete sense to me. I think you are brilliant for making the connection between Sheldon's NIB toys and the way he often treats Amy. Having his mother make this point to him was especially powerful, as she is one of the few people who can get through to Sheldon. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and for sharing this story with the fanfiction community. I hope you continue to write and share your work (as you seem to have a real talent for it). More specifically, I would like to urge you to write more Big Bang Theory Amy/Sheldon, as I believe there is a high difficulty level when writing for these characters and I envy you the ease at which you seem to accomplish this feat. Oooh and, I've just noticed that you've written for the Firefly fandom, too. I hope to be able to take the time to read one or two of those stories (hopefully you have some Kaylee/Simon).
Thanks again!
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Aww... I liked this story a lot. Great job! )
Flintphone chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Wow, so good... :)

Thanks for writing it.

Flintphone

*Favorited*
Lovely1pyt chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I have been reading your stories all day and I just wanted to say, "Well Done"! I have to admit I am sap when it comes to Shamy, but I love how true you stay to the characters and bringing their activities to a place that is brave and appreciated :)

Reading, Cuddle Session, Babe, and Especially ManCave, I almost feel like crying for Amy, but you always seem to take me inside of Sheldon's heart, which softens the blow.

My favorite conversation in "Girlfriend In A Box":

So she's just a friend."

"No. I don't mind if my friends date other people. I do mind if she does."

Sheldon's mother pressed her lips together and sighed, like she always did when she didn't understand his behavior. "Shelly, I know you like to collect those little action figures, and you keep them in the box and never play with them. But you can't do that to a woman."

"Are you encouraging me to engage in intercourse?"

"Don't twist my words, baby. There's plenty of time for sex once you're married. But you can't marry a girl you're afraid to touch."

"I touch her," Sheldon said defensively. "I held her hand almost the entire way here."

"Is that all you're willing to offer, Shelly?" his mother challenged. "If she weren't grieving, would you have given her that much?"

LOVE IT!
totabcn chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS3 I spend all day reading Shamy FanFics and I came across 'Man Cave' and I decided to read the Cuddle Session and I loved it as well but this, this one is my favorite one yet! I would've loved if you'd continued it :3

Anyway, keep it up!
Hrtofdorkness chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I got really teary with this one. Great work ) please write more!
genki-escapist chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I've read this fic at least ten times but I haven't left a review because I didn't think I could fully express how much I loved it. (But I'll at least try now.) It's in-character, touching, and handled a sad subject really well, not to mention it's a wonderful exploration of Sheldon and Amy's relationship. in canon, Amy has been trying to push him out of his comfort zone, but I can just imagine her recoiling into herself, afraid to ask for more from him because she thinks he won't like it.

The group dynamic displayed here is just so them-Sheldon calling Bernadette to hug Amy, Bernadette taking care of Amy's apartment, Penny rushing over in zombie makeup, Leonard guiding Penny's aggressive driving, Howard and Raj preparing the trip (with the latter thoughtfully packing a Cosmo).

Gotta love Sheldon's mom for giving him something to think about, I can imagine her doing something like this.

The ending was perfect, with two of them but also their friends being there for them even miles away. And Sheldon asking her to kiss him while sober was heartbreakingly sweet.