Reviews for Stolen Smile
meek-bookworm chapter 34 . 3/11
Umm hi. I know it's been awhile, but I got the update notification for Insilva's Relationship Matters and it hurt so much not to see Danny and Rusty be DannyandRusty that I possibly went back and reread all of your Ocean's 11 fic (except VK, but not sure how long that'll last). And was so happy to realize I'd missed some stuff during undergrad!

Anyway, still love your cons and your banter. And it's been such a delight to find all the self-referential pieces reading everything in an enormous gulp. When I drove past the Philly art museum last night I couldn't help thinking of the con referenced in the More Things Change verse.

Will try and go back and write more reviews (you certainly deserve them), but thanks so much for writing!

(And just to comment on this specific story-I've probably said this before years ago, but I love Tess and Rusty's relationship here (the line about Terry reminding Tess of Rusty really hurt) and I do get a twisted sense of satisfaction at Danny dealing with her ambiguous relationship with Rusty when his own frustrates so many people (it's not his fault, but he wasn't there and he was making assumptions and Rusty was hurting).

Also reading this so soon after 'Steps forward and back' and thinking about how Carson and Fielding and Moffat could disappear in the same way as John... and it hurts here that Rusty killed John, but it's so practical and he's not going to hurt anyone again and, well, I may be making up additional AUs in my head...

But truly thanks so much for writing and not taking the fic down)
tinamyforlife chapter 34 . 11/6/2017
I really liked the story!
It was amazing and most of the time I was on the edge anticipating what was going to happen next.
I know that you haven’t posted anything in a long time, but I really hope that you find the inspiration to finish the story. I would love to find out how it’s going to end for Rusty, Tess and Danny.
Tess and Rustys friendship was extraordinary and Tess‘ story was really heartbreaking.
I will remain hopeful to read more from you!
Thank you!
Peabodythecat chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
Oh thank's almost DannyandRusty again.
Oh the sacrifices Rusty has made.
And Tess on the roof...I have a terrible premonition about that.
You really know how to build suspense!
Peabodythecat chapter 29 . 1/1/2015
Awesome last paragraph.
Peabodythecat chapter 27 . 1/1/2015
Wow. Just wow. Poor Danny.
You know, a few chapters ago I hoped the 3 would have an ending that was happily ever after all, maybe, possibly, I would be happier for Tess to be independent.
Peabodythecat chapter 26 . 1/1/2015
Yeah. Knowing it was coming didn't make it even a little bit ok.

Were they really the real police?

I am consumed with this fic!
Peabodythecat chapter 22 . 1/1/2015
Oh My God! This chapter ! Poor Rusty!
Oh how I am crossing my fingers that this ends happily with the 3 of them together. But it could easily end with them all DEAD! Arrgh...the angst.

(Oh well done. Very well done.)
Peabodythecat chapter 18 . 1/1/2015
This chapter actually chills me...because now that she's happy. It can only go down hill. I am seriously warped person.
Peabodythecat chapter 17 . 1/1/2015
What a heartbreaking chapter. At least Tess is talking now. And while it seems Rusty was able to talk to Danny, he's been alone in his head for too long. So glad they have each other.
Peabodythecat chapter 12 . 1/1/2015
Oh Rusty is quite a bind. Promising Danny to protect Tess; swearing to Tess not to tell Danny, when he NEEDS to tell Danny. Certainly explains (at least in part, I'm sure there's even more to come) about why he's being so secretive in Vegas.

You make an excellent point as well, that from Tess' perspective, the emotional pain she feels because of Danny's lies are just as traumatic as the physical abuse. If she hadn't been laid so low by Danny, she probably (hopefully) would have never tolerated John.

This has made me think long and hard about justifications based on "its for your own good".

And finally, tender, caring Rusty...just...just...sighs at the beauty of it all.
Peabodythecat chapter 11 . 1/1/2015
The rationalizations, the justifications, the twisted logic. "Terry never actually her hit." Poor Tess. I once again commend you for tackling these really hard issues in your fic.
Peabodythecat chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
Wow. What a way to hook a reader. You got me hook, line and sinker with this chapter. And she goes off to ignore family and friends and devour this fic.
InSilva chapter 32 . 2/4/2014
So much loneliness. Sigh. The need to keep on the run, keep them chasing him and that would be enough but he's also got to raise the cash they're after and still there's the worry about Tess and the extended worry about Danny and the very real thought that he could die and neither of them would really know why. Nose is wrinkling at the cheap motel and the stained nylon sheets. Can see it. All the plate spinning and living day to day and the weariness and really, really he could do with a friendly face and someone else doing the thinking.

Which is why he responds to Casey. Even though I am certain he wouldn't have enjoyed the encounter because feel certain Casey is all about his own needs rather than pleasing a partner. And Rusty knows it but doesn't care. Sigh again. And because he's gotten Casey involved, he has to save him. Feel Amos is very lucky there's the distraction of a shotgun because that feels like that's all that saves him from being killed. No inner voice to talk Rusty down.

And with death so much in the air, am pleased and unsurprised that he spoke to Frank. See "Tell Him" for details. And the Bulgari Job and Isabel and Rome and Rusty won't be involved with any of it. More unhelpful sighing.

Very glad that this is six months earlier and that I am lazy reviewer. Huh. You know what I mean. ;)
TheMotorcycleBoyReigns chapter 34 . 12/29/2013
I love love this story, it's really good I like how well you portrayed the charcters. Please keep updating this story & keep up the awesome work.
Ps. Happy Early New Year
Maia2 chapter 34 . 12/20/2013
First off: HA! Like I'll believe you when you estimate the chapters left. No, my friend... I'll let myself be surprised.
And poor Danny. What a situation to be in. Trying to bury the jealousy and the longing, because he knows that's not what he should be focusing on, because he knows the love and the care and the *safe* are way more important, more prominent. But it's not so easy to manage feelings, is it?
But they are together. And they have a plan. And yes, it's risky, and yes Banks is dangerous, but the three of them together? Darn if it doesn't give me hope.
Thanks for the update.