Reviews for A World Without Shadows
Lovely chapter as always. Just wondering, would you think about possibly doing a female Adaar Mage qunari x Sera fanfic story for Dragon age Inquisition? Just think about it. I'm sure that with your writing style it would be just as good as this story here. You don't have to do it, but, you know, just think about it.
trunks111 chapter 25 . 9/25
this was absolutely amazing!
trunks111 chapter 14 . 9/22
this fic is absolutely amazing. I should have gone to bed five hours ago but I cannot tear myself away from it xD
trunks111 chapter 6 . 9/22
I lost it at the ear part. laughed so much I had a coughing fit. loving this story!
Broshark chapter 25 . 9/3
Easily my favorite Dragon Age story. Keep up the good work. I replayed DA2 a short while ago, and I really didn't like how... shallow, all the romances in the game felt. I'm glad to have something a lot more detailed.
maximasdecimas chapter 1 . 9/2
I want to make some things clear.
Rape, and attempted rape, is abhorrent.
I am not using it as a "plot device" to shock people or to show Merrill's vulnerability, or anything like that.
It features in my story because it exists in the real world and the Dragon Age world, and it is serious. In my story Merrill's experience matters because it matters in real impacts the rest of her life, and interactions with others; she doesn't just shrug it off. She heals. Slowly, and perhaps never completely, she heals.
Not that I need to explain myself to anyone, but I also wrote this situation for Merrill because, by incorporating it into this story that I wrote for myself and was encouraged to share, I wanted to rewrite events in my own past. Because I wish someone had been there to stop it.
I'm sorry if anyone missed the content warnings in my summary and author notes preceeding the beginning of my story. I've made them more prominent now just to be sure. But they were there. It might also be worth noting that my story is tagged as Hurt/Comfort first, romance second. Again, this is so people will know that violence features in my story.
Looking for these indicators will allow you to avoid stories addressing topics you would rather not approach. What anyone reads on this site is up to them, and not everything on this site will be something everyone wants to read.
Reviews are generally meant to be constructive, not for venting displeasure and trying to upset the author because of a story aspect you don't like. Not when the information about what the story contains is provided for you, if you look for it. So that you can avoid it.
I don't need to know if you don't want to read the story. You don't have to tell me so. I won't try to make you. I don't make a profit from it. You don't want to read it? Just don't read it. You don't want to read a story that features attempted rape, and how a character recovers from such a traumatic experience? Don't read stories that warn that they contain such content. Just find something you will enjoy, and remember to pay attention to the subject tags, story summaries and author notes. They are there to guide you.
RPhysics chapter 1 . 8/31
Stupid move inserting attempted rape like that. It is insulting to use something as traumatic as that for a simple plot device. It's disgusting that you start off a romance story like that too. If you had to start the story off with Hawke being the savior, you had many other options to chose from.

I guess I couldn't expect any less. Merill comes off as incredibly childish and is blatantly naive about many things. A story about a romance between her and somebody like Hawke is bound to be morally ambiguous at best.

I simply can't read a story like this.
Alcandre chapter 25 . 7/8
This is wonderful! I look forward to more!
Saint Raven chapter 25 . 7/1
I love this story so much, please update again soon!
The Phoenix King chapter 25 . 6/23
First of all, my apologies for not reviewing this sooner, sounds like you've been having a bit of an adventure over there! Hope you and your family are doing okay, and that you can avoid any insane environmental/weather stuff in the future.

In any event, it's another really good chapter from you, and the notion that Hawke and Merrill's relationship would be raising some ire amongst the nobility would be an interesting plot thread to pursue further. As ever, characterization and dialogue are all great, and I especially love how Leandra's even willing to consider blood magic to get a grandchild, it's just so typically her. Looking forward to the next installment!
Spikesagitta chapter 25 . 5/6
Some angst, but well balance by the sweet fluff too.
birthofthecool chapter 19 . 5/2
I liked the chapter.
You write Isabella and Varric so well, sometimes it seems better than in the actual game.
Which for a canon fanatic like me is quite the compliment.

Anders... oh Anders. To think I really liked Anders in Awakening and he was my least liked character next to Fenris in DA2.

Mages and Templars, I always wonder how many people really side with the templars? Especially in DA2.
They try to even it out a bit in the end, with Anders attack and how many mages turn possessed, but after years of being pressured more and more, it doesn't come as a surprise.
I've played through DA2 thrice (and several times partly) and I haven't managed once to stay on the Templars side, even if I started out the character with the intention to do so.
birthofthecool chapter 18 . 5/2
2 years. It's been two years since I last read a chapter of this story. And I don't even know why.
I've been away from for a long time, but Ive kept up with most of my fave'd stories.
Somehow, except this one, despite being one of my favourites.

Anyway, reading this chapter is like coming back to an old friend.
I was about to continue working on the end of my ME3 story, when instead I followed the link to the newest update and than backtracked to the first chapter I hadn't read... this one.

I'll definitely not leave this one alone for long, now.;)

A few thoughts. Always great to see someone delve deep into the Dhalish lore, even if despite all the information about Dragon Age you quickly stumble upon the holes in BW's canon.

But I like your take on the Vallaslin, I also loved your attempt to solve the 'ma'vhenan-Emma'vhenan riddle. is this just your own take, the currently accepted theory or has someone from BW actually tried to explain this by now?

Good work on this and I'll keep reviewing, as long as the story stays this good.
Watermeloncholy chapter 25 . 5/1
Oh man, I couldn't stop laughing throughout the latter half of this chapter. I know it was a sweet and serious talk, but I kept having flashbacks of Hawke's initial reaction to Leandra's interest in having grandchildren. She was so embarrassed! It was great!

Even though things seem smooth between Merrill and Hawke now, I can't help but wonder how you'll write the eventual drift. If you intend to follow the game closely, Merrill became very absorbed in her work and kept disappearing to go the alienage alone. Things became darker. Part of me hopes you overstep that sad mess, but it would really put the strength of thier relationship to the test. I like angst and I don't. So either way, whatever you choose to write in future chapters will please me.

I have no clue how you manage to write this while working AND studying, but i'm so glad you do. Mad respect, yo
Nukes N Noodles chapter 25 . 4/29
Another great chapter! Absolutely loved it! Hawke and Merrill are so utterly cute together. If those two don't get married, I may lose all faith in love, LOL.