Reviews for Recovery
teedub chapter 1 . 1/22
I think this was an excellent look at the emotional scars harry would have had after his life. I do disagree (not that I can really disagree since I have contributed nothing to the idea or execution of this story) that Severus be the one there for Harry.

No matter what, Severus was an abuser, in particular of Harry and abdicated his responsibility because it was easy for him to do so. Albus was the orchestrator of the abuse. He made sure it happened and that Harry had no one to turn to. He made sure harry was so broken, isolated and without hope of a future that death was his only choice.

I was a bit angry that Albus was there acting like he did nothing wrong but not see. He really has no right to be there, morally speaking other than to salve his own guilty conscious. And I'm afraid to say, the same goes for Severus even though he's a favorite of mine.

I'm certainly not criticizing your story. You were able to capture the emotions quite well as evidenced by my passionate review. Just nit picky on the character you choose to help Harry. I personally would have chosen someone Neutral but familiar. Andromeda, Luna, someone along those lines at first.

I quite enjoyed the story and thank you for the time and effort you put into this so us fanfic addicts can nit pick and obsess. :-)
Sam68 Unknown chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
That was an awesome story! Just remember, though, that Harry is 17, not 7!
Keep writing!
Saggyherman chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Lovely story, even brought tears to my eyes ;)
Ms. Moonshoes Potter chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
The 8:30 train from feels-town has reached the station.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Very moving.
Jannafrancine chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is great. I only wish there was more.
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
That is such a sad story. I really like the character Alan. He has no real flaws... which is tecniqualy a bad character trait, but honestly, sometimes it's can be a really helpful one, as long as the person who has it isn't a main-main character. Great job!
DaronwyK chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Beautiful piece. I really enjoyed your portrayal of Severus.
Rachelme177 chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Beautiful. Uncomfortable, too, but not in a bad way ... in a real way.

Probably the only thing that made me hesitate was when Harry got stitches for his head injury. Didn't we learn in OotP that stitches are a strictly muggle (and very looked down upon) device. While I could maybe see your Alan using them, as he's clearly comfortable with muggle concepts, Poppy and others at Hogwarts never would have.

But aside from that one little thing - no, even with that one little thing - I loved this story. Very well done.
Undine's Dance chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
.Amazing.

Normally I don't care for Albus but I do enjoy stories where he WAKES UP and helps Harry. I also love how you write Severus!
ImAProudMudblood chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
love the story!
LadyFreak chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Great story, but wish you would continue into the healing aspect. Thanks for sharing.
goodnight doctor chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
ah-mazig this was just like wow
jules3677 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Very very sad & extremely well written. The whole story had me thinking about returned war veterans, survivors guilt & those who are the victims of constant childhood abuse. Thankyou for writing such a thought provoking story.
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Excelente finc, realmente espero el siguiente capitulo, porque la forma de retratar lo roto que esta harry fue genial