Reviews for You Me At Six
cheesemouse16 chapter 3 . 11/30
I like it so far, but we’all just have to wait and see, I guess.
Hey! So I read this story in a day and I just flew from one chapter to the next without pause, and I have no way of knowing if you're ever gonna read this, but I hope you do.. so here's a review for the whole story in a single go:
I absolutely LOVED it! You started out with really good writing style and I could tell you'd worked hard on it! Although the first few chapters were a little to slow going, they did give a good insight into the characters' behaviour and lives before the traumatic event that changed everything. It was really great how you showed the dynamics of James' relationship with his parents and it established a sort of relation between the reader and the protagonist. As for dealing with the loss of his family, you portrayed James' grief really well for someone who hasn't themselves ever been though it (As you mention it in one of your A/Ns; I myself have no personal experience of the same but I guess I can tell from having read so much about it). That, and you showed how teenagers are very well throughout the story! I loved how you gave their friends some depth too and showed both strengths and flaws and what they've been through; especially Marlene's and Remus' parts! You made them all really very realistic! I love how James comes to the realisation that Lily was in fact, in this story at least, somewhat arrogant and he still loves her just as much. I liked Sirius' take on Jily's relationship. I just really loved how all the characters viewed each other, and it was mostly very positive too (isn't that what we all need, after all). And you did very well on making the war so very real and showing how it hit the characters. The beginning of this war was shown so well! Although your writing style did deteriorate somewhat by the later chapters, the plot and character developments totally made up for it!
AND YOU ACTUALLY CAME BACK TO FINISH THE STORY! I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am to you for that! Although I do agree the ending was a bit abrupt, you actually came back for us! And that is what matters. I love you and hope you continue writing!
-xoxo
desperateforescape
illjwamh chapter 3 . 4/15/2016
Enjoying things so far. You're keeping a swift pace, which is nice. So many stories can get bogged down by overdoing the details. Not that I have any room to talk on that score.

Nitpick: James would already be 16 at this point, his birthday having been in March.
harrypotterforeverx chapter 18 . 8/23/2015
Update?
harrypotterforeverx chapter 19 . 8/16/2015
I'll give you 200 reviews if you update this story! Can you please let us know if you're going to continue it?
Could you send me a message to let me know? :)
Proly chapter 19 . 8/9/2015
Hello, great story and I'm curious if it'll be continued or if you have and new stories being planned or made. Really like the effectiveness of the story

Love
~Prongs
Guest chapter 19 . 5/26/2015
Love your story!
sunny12345 chapter 19 . 3/28/2015
Its been three months since you have updated and I can totally understand being busy and writers block but I'm just being impatient and I would love to know if you are continuing with this story or not because I really want to know how James takes it that it was Lily that has been taking care of him and I would also like to know what happens when he really wake's up. :)
sunny12345 chapter 5 . 3/17/2015
Oh my God that is so sad :( but a really good chapter
sunny12345 chapter 4 . 3/17/2015
Oh my God I can't wait to read the rest of your story I love it so far :)
Le Faucon Bleu chapter 19 . 3/4/2015
I'm very impressed with your writing of James and his behavior after his parents' deaths. I am officially hooked and will be following this story to its end.
Thanks for writing!
ChiaraCe chapter 19 . 2/20/2015
This is really really good! Update soon, I'm soo curious!
Guest chapter 19 . 2/6/2015
And also ( yes I am the person who just reviewed) I think your characterization is wonderful. Gah!
Did I mention that your story is BRILLIANT ?
thanks again for writing it.
Keep smiling :)))))))

Alexa
Guest chapter 19 . 2/6/2015
Oh well. This is a BRILLIANT, AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL story . So please don't abandon It. Take as long as you need to update but just dont abandon it.
I am sorry I didn't review all the chapters but I was so into the story that I kept jumping to the next chapter . I am sorry.

You just made my day with the story. So thank you so much for writing it. Again this story is so good . Please update soon :)

Have a good day :))))
Keep smiling :))))))))))))
Guest chapter 19 . 2/3/2015
what are u thinking?! MAKE MORE CHAPTERS, DAMMIT! WTF, I LOVED IT! HURRY UP WITH CHAPTER 20, OR THE EPILOGUE!