Reviews for Little White Lie
The.Burlesque.Mistress.92 chapter 8 . 5/30/2013
Riddler is so annoying sometimes. :p Kinda feel bad that Linny has to deal with him.
ParadoxMagic chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
More please :)
Jokester666 chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
Excellent story! Really keeps the reader engaged. More?
krazysmiles chapter 6 . 7/17/2012
You do a lovely job of keeping the Riddler true to his character.

I enjoy reading this story; it was well done, and entertaining.

Update soon :)
Jabberwocky Kid chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
So...what did the paper he slip her say? You have to update soon! I'm loving this story!
Wayfarer chapter 5 . 1/26/2012
Aww, rescue kitty! Love it. And a Snowshoe too, hooray! They are so beautiful.

Good idea to establish a buddy system, Linny! It's nice to see you already laying the groundwork to forge the kitchen staff into a real team, and it's smart of you, too. It really is the only way to survive working for a maniac and his assortment of hungry sociopathic peers-to bond with your co-workers, delegate according to everyone's particular strengths, and watch out for each other.

Damn, the girl does have a bratty side, I see. It's at least polite to apologize, young lady, when you startle someone into almost blowing your head off. She's lucky he didn't just automatically spin around and deck her. (Linny, sweetheart, advice from your elders; if I were you, I'd make friends with Phil-anyone who can survive being a bartender at the Iceberg for any length of time must be smart. And he picked up on your verbal cues pretty quickly; he's a quick one!)

You know, it's weird; I was reading Chap. 5 and thinking to myself, "Wow, Eddie just met this girl; would he really be acting this interested in her so quickly? He's being awfully grabby and familiar.."

Then lo and behold, one of the Frank Gorshin Riddler episodes of the 1966 Batman TV show came on (gotta love those cosmic cooincidences). So I watched it, and as I did I realized that holy crap, he treats the women who work for him EXACTLY like that! All smarmy and handsy and giving off the vague impression that he might just start making out with them at any moment (then veering off onto his next manic speech). So I stand corrected-good job on Eddie's characterization there!

So nice to see two chapters out so close together-Looking forward to the next installment!
Wayfarer chapter 4 . 1/26/2012
(Whew, I'm so glad you didn't mind my pointing out that typo-thanks! Trust me, I've made plenty of them myself, and will undoubtedly make plenty more.)

Great chapter! I love the sudoku contest idea, classic Riddler employee relations handling. And I can really visualize the conversation amongst the Rogues that led up to it-I imagine it might have gone something like this...

PENGUIN: Chefs brawling in the kitchen, we can't have that. Blood in the Waldorf salad makes the dressing taste just like pennies. Disgusting. Well, now, how should we discipline them? We need to leave at least one of them alive until dinner's prepared, otherwise we'll have to order takeout (shudders).

TWO-FACE: We could make them battle to the death with meat forks, that would be savory! (bloodthirsty chuckle)

PENGUIN: No, no, no, Harvey. Too messy, my bifurcated friend, I just got the bill for cleaning the carpet after the results of last month's tied vote. Try again.

SCARECROW: Harvey can flip his coin and I'll gas the loser, how about that?

JOKER: (grins maniacally) Now you're talking! But I have a better idea-they can duel with cleavers on the dance floor, no carpet to ruin. Blindfolded. (glances at Harley) In pigtails. (The others side-eye the Joker. Ivy curls her lip in disgust, but says nothing.)

RIDDLER: I've got it! Sudoku! (Silence ensures as the other Rogues turn the side-eye action toward him. Two-Face in particular looks disgruntled. Oblivious, the Riddler continues, beaming.) "Ha! It's brilliant Well, of course it is, I thought of it. But it is! Just listen-"

(Two-Face glares at the Riddler as he chatters on, and surreptitously unholsters his gun. Harvey then flips his coin and looks disgusted when it lands good side up. Grimacing in disappointment, he reholsters the gun and listens reluctantly as the Riddler continues to explain his Sudoku "special rules"...)
Jabberwocky Kid chapter 4 . 1/23/2012
I'm glad you plan on completing this! In the mean time...more chapters are in order. :D
Jabberwocky Kid chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
Please update soon, please. I LOVE this story so far.
Wayfarer chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
You know, nothing usually makes me back-button away from (or ignore) a story built around an OC. (I know that OC does not always equal Mary Sue, but all too often in fanfic it does. Also, I usually read fanfic to read stories that involve canon characters in whom I already have a vested interest, rather than try and form a connection with an unknown character-for that, I'll read original fiction.)

But this sounded like a very original plot idea and I'm a foodie, so I figured I'd give this one a shot and I'm glad I did!

You write well and your character and plot are very refreshing and enjoyable so far, I'm really enjoying this. I love the idea of a story that gives us a viewpoint of the Gotham Rogues from someone who works for them but isn't a henchman, and I think the head chef angle is brilliant and very appealing..

(-Please, please forgive me for this next bit; I know it's unsolicited beta-ing, which is rude, but I just want to point out one typo which is grabbing me by the ears as I read...

Rouge is what goes on your face to give you more color in your cheeks. A Rogue is one of the sociopathic and/or psychotic residents of Gotham who make it really interesting to live there.)

Really, this is a great story! I really hope you decide to continue it, I'm looking forward to see what comes next!