Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Liu chapter 1 . 7/27
Hi! I really like Harry Potter and at first I had mixed feelings about this kind of concept but honestly I absolutely love it. It's everything I like in one fanfiction and your writing style is amazing too! I discovered this thanks to Marvin.W, the author of a webtoon called Humor Me (one of my favourite) and I'm so glad I did. I look forward to read the next chapters!
Wow! Crazy amazing awesome book! Read it all in one sitting literally my favourite book song of the lioness mixed with HP!
Amazing writing just wow!
Cryptorex chapter 14 . 7/22
relived to relieved. and breath to breathe.
Rumonia chapter 22 . 7/18
I love this so so much. This is the fourth time I read the story and I'm again amazed how detailed and well written everything is. The world building is just incredible.
Wyrda Arget chapter 22 . 7/10
Really loved this!
So many awesome stories end unfinished, and I thank you so much for gifting us with 3 more, and another in the writings
b chapter 17 . 7/9
So glad you put Percy as an ambicious sort and not a prat , he was just different as his brothers.
BlazeVein chapter 12 . 7/8
the most strange thing in this world is a potter not firends with other ligh kids like ron and neville, I understand the need for just archie for the plot, but is obvious strange , but could be a falling out too with the dumbledore fans or something like that ?
Zavod chapter 22 . 6/25
Ok, that's a *really* good story.

I mistakenly started reading year 4 first and got through a confusing first chapter before cluing in that this might not be the first. (suggest: please mention it's a sequel!)

This one is the first, and it's a great story. I love the AU universe you've created.
weallmatter chapter 21 . 6/21
I just realized that Rigel tricked Cho* not only once, but TWICE, because first he was Reggie, and then he was Arcturus Rigel Black, and then he wasn't even a Black anymore, and little does Cho know he's not even a he, but Harry, the Potter Heiress. I mean, that's like.. deception 101 haha
weallmatter chapter 20 . 6/21
The core-magic-mindscape connection stuff is so cool. I could read about it for hours. I actually have wondered what my true core would be, and how my mindscape would look. I am of the opinion that my mindscape would be five vernal pools in the midst of a meadow surrounded by stars in a sky. My memories would be safe in the reflections of the stars far beneath the depths of the vernal pools. I think my core would probably be a wind-blown ball of leaves of all different kinds and it would have spawned in the previously-empty branches of the tree that holds residence on the island in the middle vernal pool. The only way to get to that tree is to take the rowboat that is seated at the edge of the vernal pool, and the boat only lets me access it unless anyone else is verified for a time being. Oh how fun it is, to create one's own minds cape. If someone reading this hasn't tried it, I highly recommend (even though it's not quite the same due to the lack of magic, as most of the ones reading this are probably muggles 'v)

Anywho, thank you for the chapter, Violet!
Again too much americanisms that ended up killing the overall story and losing the pull of the text

Examples: Cream Rinse Conditioner

Blow out blow dry (A blowout is a large meal, often a celebration with family or friends, at which people may eat too much)

Muss again is very much an Americanism, we would say ‘mess up/ruffle’ here in the UK

length was good they were a good length
tangerinne chapter 1 . 6/19
I’m into the third book of the series but I just wanna drop by and thank you. I didn’t know I needed this gen/ passive hardworking and passionate Harry. It sooth my soul
It also got most if not all the tropes I adore so bless you Author. PS: Just saw the new book out early today while I was binge reading, I’m hype to reach up to that :
weallmatter chapter 18 . 6/18
I wonder when people will stop underestimating Rigel...
weallmatter chapter 17 . 6/17
Huh. I've called out the "violet matter" reference in this chapter before, but now I'm noticing that maybe there's more to it than that. The potion Rigel made looked murky sky-blue (as in the name murkybluematter) and was SUPPOSED to be a murky purple color (aka the name Violet Matter) but the problem stopping Rigel from getting it right was that she couldn't put enough magic into the potion.

I wonder if that's a comparison to Violet Matter not feeling ready to use the name Violet Matter when they first started writing and so they used the name murkybluematter instead, but as their writing skills grew, their series began taking leaps and bounds, and Violet Matter was in the swing of creating this phenomenal masterpiece, they were finally ready to use this name. Anywho, I'm sorry if you read this comment, Violet Matter, and find it horribly invasive or offensive, I can't help the speculation coming to my mind while reading this series for the third time. It's nice to notice all the little things I never caught before tho!

Thank you for all of your hard work, Violet Matter! 3
It makes me oh so happy! :D
weallmatter chapter 16 . 6/17