Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Indigo Sterling chapter 9 . 7/24
I'm re-reading this after quite awhile, and I've been grinning the whole time. I forgot how much I love all of the banter! And your foreshadowing is astounding.
TheFireElemental chapter 1 . 7/19
Just finished reading your fanfiction and it's excellent storytelling. It's well paced, the scene description, dialogue and story arc are vivid and interesting. I think it fits well into the Potter mythos.
Piletorn chapter 22 . 7/3
This was a really interesting read.
Thank you for sharing your story!
newdog14 chapter 22 . 7/2
dun dun dun! good to see Tom still pulling the cult leader shtick, even when he's not a terrorist. very on brand for him. XD

I was gonna try to wait for the next installment but this fic is too good so I'm going to have to keep binge reading it. I can’t see my phone's clock while using the ff app so I just know that eventually I'm going to end up late because I lost track of time reading this fic. XD

thank you for sharing!
newdog14 chapter 21 . 7/2
eeeeee this was so awesome! This fic was totally delightful and fun and I really enjoyed it a bunch! thank you for sharing it

I can't wait to see how the ruse evolves, or how Archie and Harry coordinate summer visitations. Perhaps heading to the Leaky Cauldron as a stop off before traveling on? That would probably be the easiest way to visit Hermione too.
newdog14 chapter 20 . 7/1
oh my goodness Draco and Harry are freaking adorable and I love them

Harry is absolutely mad and absolutely brilliant and I love that for her.
newdog14 chapter 19 . 6/29
I completely forgot about Quirrel omg XD

WOW though this is bad! I don't think the potion supplies are going to last through June. They need a cure, now. I wonder if Legilimency could get an adult in and let them root out the curse? Because that's what I think this is, in truth: a curse. A viral one, certainly, but this is no disease. That's probably why Poppy can't heal it, they need a curse breaker, not a mediwitch.

the plot thickens though! excellent
newdog14 chapter 18 . 6/27
ohhhh snap, this is getting bad! but also hmmmm I bet that there's a simple fix, if this "illness" is some kind of designed, targeted attack.

Rigel went so above and beyond ahahaha

and oooo I think she just found her source of boomslang skin for polyjuice potion!
newdog14 chapter 17 . 6/27
dun dun dun! ooo that's concerning.

a lot in this chapter is concerning though. What's this new marriage law, and how could it possibly be enforced? Given that halfbloods and muggleborns can't go to Hogwarts and thus can't work government jobs, I expect that they would find it rather easy to emigrate, if the alternative was the British government trying to force them to marry people. Hmmm I wonder if this might trace back to the Fade? And I wonder if Alice Longbottom could tell us more?

and this sickness business! Very concerning. I had thought that it was a bit early in the year for all the problems to be solved XD

...I wonder if this might be related to the Fade too?
newdog14 chapter 16 . 6/27
Well, I lasted maybe half an hour before I cracked XD brightside: the ff app doesn't put ads in the middle of the story every 4 paragraphs, and is thus a bearable user experience!

I'll probably go back and reread any further chapters you move to ao3 though. I know you said that your edits were only stylistic, but it's neat to see what you change and how you've grown as a writer.

I hope Archie can get a little more used to the Dark side. Draco and Pansy are kind of the people most likely to accuse him of not being himself later in life, so...
Amaya130 chapter 1 . 6/15
Rereading once more! Was thinking about this fic recently and knew that I must get the whole experience
H chapter 1 . 6/7
This was a really great chapter, and I really liked it! I also like to write Harry Potter fan fiction, and your writing is so great! Keep going!
Dude With Specs chapter 22 . 5/26
Superb AU series.
DragonStarKat chapter 22 . 4/20
Absolutely incrediblere-reading for the third time and this series is just SO good. It's so well written, and I love how it explores magical lore and develops the characters so well.
This story is very interesting and well written. Thank you for sharing!
1,360 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »