Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Neloska chapter 18 . 9/10
Am currently rereading and just realized, if the marriage law actually went through Snape would be one of the people effected. Imagine him being forced to marry someone. xD
Life's a dream chapter 17 . 9/4
Re-reading this for the nth time, and just had to write if i havent before that making Percy a lawyer is THE BEST. Like what Neville was saying there, if he's on our side, the other side won't know what hit it. It'll be brilliant!
Anyways, thank you again!
Savasta 101 chapter 1 . 9/1
I can say, with perfect honesty, that this is my favourite fanfiction, and among my favourite stories in general. The main character, while powerful and exciting, is mercifully also flawed - prone to being self-involved, and dismissive of danger, as well as struggling to grasp his magic. The OCs are not dislikable, nor poor mimics of known charcters, but have distinct personalities of their own, whether they’re endearing or not, and I love how you also develop known characters who weren’t touched upon in the books - most notably Pansy. You came up with an original idea and reliably updated with long chapters, to which I can’t guve you credit enough, and the plot twists were unexpected rather than simply following along with the Harry Potter canon which - while I adore - can be worn out through reiteration within the vast majority of fanfictions. The only ‘flaw’ would be the spelling of Pomfrey’s name, but that pales in comparison to a fic that always brings a smile, laugh or gasp of shock to my face.
From an enamored fan on their fifth read,
Savasta 101
Lucy Gaol chapter 1 . 8/30
love this so much
TheDragonMage19 chapter 1 . 8/26
I love this series. This is the third time I’ve read it, though, ‘cause updates take forever and I know that because I’m a writer myself. Not that I mind rereading it, though.
Jamafanta chapter 22 . 8/22
This story is incredible. I'm powering my way through the series but I felt compelled to pop back here and let you know how much I'm enjoying it. I haven't read Song of the Lioness in ages, but the theme rings clearly through your fic and it reminds me how much I loved it (and how formative it likely was!).

Your Harry is exceptional but entirely plausible, and I absolutely love her. She's sufficiently flawed to be believable (and to make the suspense work) while still being amazing enough to admire. I love her drive, her courage, and her shoddy self-reflection. I'm reading this series until my eyes burn holes in my head, and I don't even care :).
PerfectionJune chapter 5 . 8/18
So, I was casually rereading your story, and I noted that here it states pansy is named after a type of violet due to her mother’s fondness for the flowers. However, when Harry attends the winter ball as herself for the first time, pansy’s mother suggests her real name is pandora. Not particularly important, but it is an inconsistency I thought you might wish to fix.
the-cari-moose chapter 22 . 8/17
How is Riddle the King of the Cows though? He's a half blood, and everyone would know that if he's using his real name.
the-cari-moose chapter 16 . 8/17
So I was thinking in the beginning you were gearing this story towards Harry and Draco being together because they share the same dorm, but honestly Fred and his “puppy” is too adorable and I hope something ends up happening there.
the-cari-moose chapter 13 . 8/17
When Harriett goes to get her new wand though isn’t Olivander going to know she’s Harriett and not Archie? Her cover will be blown, he remembers every wand he ever sold.
the-cari-moose chapter 12 . 8/17
I can’t tell you’re faking the lore, it seems fantastic to me
the-cari-moose chapter 2 . 8/16
It’s great to know this is going to be a serious piece of writing, I love some lighthearted romance as much as the next person but a well written story with multiple plot lines and themes will always win with me.
the-cari-moose chapter 1 . 8/16
THIS IDEA IS AWESOME! I LOVED the Alanna series when I was younger. I can’t wait to see what you do with this.
BlanketcapeQueen chapter 21 . 8/14
That ending always hits me so hard, with Snape going through his office drawer and getting all introspective. That one little white lie meant so much.

I should be working right now, but I can't stop reading! I know I'll read the epilogue right away, telling myself I'll stop when it's done, but then I'll blink and be halfway through chapter 3 of the next book! It's inescapable.
BlanketcapeQueen chapter 18 . 8/14
Lol, Rigel's nonchalant attitude about impressive/abnormal things never fails to make me happy. Everyone else's reactions are so fun to picture!