Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
lithiumxx chapter 17 . 7/18
I just can't put this down and lost sleep over it for I am so excited whilst reading. Thank you very much for sharing your talent, this is a masterpiece and I would love to follow this until the end.
thinkofanyname chapter 22 . 7/11
I can only echo the sentiments and praises of the other reviewers before me. You do write like a seasoned intelligent writer and you have so much creativity. I love the world building you did and the theories you've developed about magical cores and mindscapes. It is difficult to write about the supernatural in a way that makes sense and is logical to the reader but you have done do brilliantly. It is my second time reading it and I enjoyed it just as much, if not more than the first time I read it. Love your writing and hope you one day become a published writer if you aren't already. To be honest your plotline and character development has already deviated so far from the HP one (in a good way of course) that you can be proud to call it your own. What you've created is an entirely different beast from canon. I look forward to reading your original fiction one day.
With all your talk of “finals” and studying, I assume you’re a student. I cannot believe that. You write like a seasoned veteran!
So AMAZING. just as good reading it through the second time.
I love you and your writing. Top notch.
I love how you'v expanded on the world JKR built - the theories behind potion, her core, healing, wizarding laws and politics, etc... it's all so delightful. I wish she did the same.
Excellent, as usual!
Red Headed Sidhe chapter 22 . 6/30
And so the first book is wrapped up nicely. What a story. I have to say, it was a great treat to read, especially during the tough week I had. on to the next one
Red Headed Sidhe chapter 21 . 6/30
wow..
I honestly don't know what to say. I usually pick a few things to mention in the comment and forget most of them, but I didn't even try this chapter. I just devoured the words. this story was began seven years ago. I have no idea how old you were, or how you've changes, but the fact that it's still my favourite series to return to, even as I've grown ,improved my taste and matured says a lot about your ability. (although, I lie, I started reading when you were two chaps into serpentine subterfuge)
this fic holds up, in a way very few still do and few will in the future. I loved Harry Potter and Tamara piece, and you combine the best of both with a flair if your own. if you're a publishes author I would absolutely buy your book
Red Headed Sidhe chapter 20 . 6/30
great chapter! I love the balance between childish naivety and real fear displayed in this chapter. we get a great balance of faith and terror mixed between all characters.
And also, I love how casually rigel rewrites the rules of magic and invents a new branch if healing. like,whoops, isn't it obvious?" no rigel. no it isnt
I love the part about remembering who her real enemies are - as much as the Malfoys may be charming, Archie is right - they're the reason her life is in danger as a second class citizen.
I love the pov switches - archie is very well done!
You know what I love about your stories? You don't bash anyone. Not Ron, not Dumbledore, not even the Malfoys. You make everyone likeable and multifaceted.
Red Headed Sidhe chapter 19 . 6/29
I loved this chapter so much I forgot to review it and immediately clicked next chapter. the pacing is great, you really build up the tension well here
I don't think I've said before but I really love the way you characterise Snape. the lines like "it would have been releif if he was the type to admit to discomfort, even retroactively" and "he would have said 'been there, done that's had it not implied (a bouncy personalityare brilliant. they really add to this image of control, staidness and severity that make up Snape, while at the same time adding humour to humanise him. it's genius. You make him so severe, but by describing it in this way, we get to love Snape when that severity would usually alienate viewers. I really love this series, and I always knew you were talented, but it's bits like that that really blow me away.
I loved Alana the Lioness as a teen. Didn’t think I would enjoy this but it’s proving to be pretty good so far. Looking forward to reading more.

Lady Red 88