Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Guest chapter 17 . 2/15/2021
YAY, more firestorm referencing! Also, I really am surprisingly enjoying the Percy content and I agree, Percy would be much happier as a lawyer, I think. Phenomenal writing! I can't fathom what the mystery sickness is :0
Guest chapter 16 . 2/15/2021
"And don't worry - we'll get through this firestorm."
"And stars on the other side, right Archie?"
"And se on the other side, Harry."

I love this quote. It's a diamond among the other gems that make up this phenomenal story.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/15/2021
This was so funny, especially Artie's perspective! Is it weird that I ship him and Hermione? Also, I'd figured there'd be beef between Lee and Rigel because of the Weasley twins' interest in her, but I never thought he'd be behind the attacks! Cool plot twist, it really ties everything together nicely. Phenomenal writing! 3
Guest chapter 14 . 2/15/2021
Phenomenal writing, I can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/15/2021
Right, things will *totally* calm down. Girl don't know she's the main character ;D
Guest chapter 11 . 2/14/2021
These chapters are phenomenal. They make me so happy :)
aGnamZer0 chapter 22 . 2/12/2021
Ahah, you waited till the very last chapter of the book to show us Tom. He indeed chose a much better path, politics instead of terror.
aGnamZer0 chapter 21 . 2/12/2021
I enjoyed seeing Rosier, Rookwood, Selwyn and Flint tag team Rigel to know the truth about the whole cure. It was very funny with a lot of convincing arguments.
aGnamZer0 chapter 20 . 2/12/2021
Well now at least I know why you made her fear her magic. You wanted to insist and highlight the fact Harry's magic had a consciousness of its own. I remember in canon, Harry always felt his magic responded to his emotions and had feelings of its own.

Still, her method to go to another person's mind, though it actually requires the authorization from the other person's magic core, is revolutionary.

I think the reasons she got to read Severus feelings that one time – and Severus hers – was because they communicated through their magic, not their mind.
aGnamZer0 chapter 18 . 2/12/2021
She's on her way to become an incredible potions mistress. Trusted to replace Severus to brew potions, it's a great honor.
aGnamZer0 chapter 17 . 2/12/2021
I was so looking forward to Severus' reaction to the crates in his office. I guess the way you presented it gives off much already, and it allows us to imagine the most absurd faces he could make, so it's not bad either.

I'm glad she doesn't seem afraid of her parceltongue ability. She even seems to come around her magic.
aGnamZer0 chapter 16 . 2/12/2021
I'm starting to get tired of her being scared of her own power. She hasn't read enough stories, or else she'd knew that in the end it will conclude by her accepting her power as part of herself and that will be the moment when she'll truly be able to use it fully.

I'm glad they decided to learn everything the other does. They both will become awesome!

And Occlumency! Yata! I had little hope of her learning it shortly, but now... Just hope it won't mess with the power inside herself, I hope she won't just repress it.

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised they turned their back to each other while they changed. I remember Harry saying "... she was quite desensitized to the male form thanks to her growing up with Archie's complete lack of modesty." They're basically like brothers and sisters, and at eleven there's no reason to hide their body – even if they're a boy and a girl – especially since I don't have the impression either of them is prudish. Anyway, with polyjuice, they can see everything of the other's body, which makes it even more absurd.
aGnamZer0 chapter 15 . 2/12/2021
Ah, so that's how you included the troll event. I thought I wouldn't get to see it. I wonder since how long you had planned this.

Anyway, happy to see we've finished with Rigel's mysterious assailant.
aGnamZer0 chapter 14 . 2/12/2021
I like the comparison between the wand and Rigel. She has strong emotions but tried to contain them because of her magic and then the wand with holly that is about impetuous emotions and phoenix core that is detached and restrained. Good job in that one! It's even more incredible if the characteristics of the wand are canon.

I loved all the flowery speech that you made in the presence of the Malfoy. Even if I stayed before my keyboard for hours on-end, I don't think I'd be able to write such charming, flirting but still polite and formal words. Kudos!

As for Rigel's stalker, I'm very curious as to his identity.
aGnamZer0 chapter 13 . 2/12/2021
Finally her damn wrist was healed. It dragged way too long for my taste. I hope you won't do something like that again because I couldn't get it out of my head and so it diminished in part my enjoyment. I'm no saying she can't be injured, just that she gets treated afterwards.
1,343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »