Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
quicksilvergold chapter 22 . 12/10/2016
Ooh, Lucius' POV~ That was certainly enlightening. Poor Rigel/Harry, always destined to constantly be bothered by an entirely too powerful politician with the wrong type of morals. Oh well, at least she gets stronger for it! Now to the next book~
quicksilvergold chapter 21 . 12/10/2016
There was a little identity confusion towards the beginning with Rigel's talk about Sirius and her parents (at one point I think Sirius was called as her father), so that makes me wonder about that part of the identity changes. After all, Harry considers herself a separate identity from Rigel, but would that extend to familial relations? It wasn't a big thing, literally only happened once or twice, it just left me wondering.

Oh! The Snape POV (amazing as ever, still loving your depiction of him) bit was completely unexpected! I was so surprised (fool on me, I've read this before and everything) and that really gave some depth to Snape and Rigel's relationship, I think. (Not that there isn't already plenty, but there's just something about his side on improving their relationship that's a little different from hers.) Amazing job, as always!
quicksilvergold chapter 20 . 12/10/2016
Superb job on sufficiently explaining everything. I feel incredibly knowledgeable about magic now, which is pretty cool. That moment where Rigel realized Pansy was gone though . . . I may have shed a tear. That was really sad, especially with the addition of Rosier and Rookwood. However, happier times with Draco's mind quickly followed, so I'm better. It's so cute to just imagine him as a cute little kid in playing clothes, barefoot and everything! (Squeals!) I'm curious to read about Snape's reaction to Rigel (I don't remember the exact details), so I'll read on now ;)
quicksilvergold chapter 19 . 12/10/2016
Poor Rigel, always an honest worker and never quite receiving full trust. It is slightly fun to watch Snape learn to trust her though. And goodness gracious! Had the scene with Draco been any longer or angsty I might have actually had a heart attack, it was really scary to read that his eyes rolled back and he collapsed! Also, Flint strikes again! (He's so nice, even if he does pretend to be all tough and mean :3) Amazing writing, once more. I really enjoy reading from Snape's POV too, especially concerning his thoughts on Rigel. It is quite interesting ;D
The Disappearing Me chapter 22 . 12/9/2016
This story was incredible. You deserve thousands of reviews! I am massively picky about the quality of the stories I read, and what's more I barely ever leave reviews. They're just a hassle, you know? But this story was so very goodand combining two of my favorite fandoms no less!that I had to tell you. Can't wait to read the next installment!
quicksilvergold chapter 18 . 12/9/2016
And here I remember the problem with extremely lengthy chapters. No matter how satisfying, it is quite difficult to give a complete review when the chapter is long enough to blend with previous chapters! I'll do my best, however.

Once again, I adore the Weasley twins' interactions, and the addition of the prank, helped by Dumbledore himself, was quite ingenious. Also, Rigel and Harry are giving me quite the image for Snape, what with the intense descriptions (flaring nostrils, carelessly taken care of hair with flame retardant gel [I suppose that explains the famous 'grease'], looking at peace and like a conductor surrounded by cauldrons, hefting crates full of potions across the castle, etc.). They're quite amusing, but they're giving me ideas that Snape's secretly buff or something (I read a series once where a character that turned out to be a werewolf always wore baggy shirts, so the main character thought he was fat or something, but it turned out he was really muscular). I suppose the thoughts aren't without humor, however, so great job making Snape worship-able!
quicksilvergold chapter 17 . 12/9/2016
1st: Percy with his horn-rimmed glasses would make a perfect lawyer (I can't help wondering if that position will come into play in later books, though I suppose it depends on how long it takes to become a MAGICAL lawyer . . .). 2nd: The explanation with magic and imbuing it in potions was brilliant, and I think it really takes use of what Snape says at the beginning of the year about it being magic even without wand-waving involved. 3rd: Somehow, Flint has become one of my favorite side characters, even though I started off loathing him for the blackmail job, so nice writing! And 4th: I never really considered this before, but now, as I reread everything, I have discovered that I really like the idea of the Weasley twins and Rigel together together. I may write fanfiction for this fanfiction yet, no matter how incredibly odd it will feel. Lovely chapter, as always!
quicksilvergold chapter 16 . 12/9/2016
Sirius comes off as heart-breakingly realistic. Sometimes it's easy to forget Archie lost his mom, but it really brings in a sense of realism, as well as all that serious (yes, that joke again!) talk towards the end. These 11 year olds, Harry especially, are facing a very real enemy; it's frightening to catch glimpses of such a heavy racism, so ingrained into even the children that they flinched at the very thought, however lightly given, that Rigel could be a muggle. Blood supremacy brings in something that Alanna the Lioness didn't really have, and though the entire war in Harry Potter was based on it, it was never really thought about. Politics are a very powerful thing (as clearly visible to me in the US right now), and in order to follow her dream, Harry faces the exact people that would wish her out of existence quite often as Rigel. Archie has it right when he worries over how deep Harry will get in, especially with her friends having very politically active families. So amazing job with keeping this storyline believable.
quicksilvergold chapter 15 . 12/9/2016
Archie is pretty funny (I appreciated the comment on the Black madness) XD And Rigel was suitably distraught after that strange period of apathy after the big showdown (I love the characterization of her magic!). Very nicely done!
quicksilvergold chapter 14 . 12/9/2016
As always, quite the enjoyable chapter. It's almost time for the plot to start spicing up even more, if I'm correct, so I'll get back to reading ;)
quicksilvergold chapter 13 . 12/9/2016
I had honestly completely forgotten about her wand. Wow. Oh, Rosier and Rookwood were brilliant, by the way, as well as the first real introduction to the Snape-Marauder hatred. (It astounds me that Rigel isn't more traumatized by some of these things!)
quicksilvergold chapter 12 . 12/9/2016
I happened to quite enjoy the 'theoretical academic nonsense', as you put it, and any OC is extremely well done. It could be said that some of the underdeveloped characters (canon-wise) would count as OCs as well, such as Pansy, Nott, Zabini, and Flint. I think you're doing a lovely job with giving these characters personality!
quicksilvergold chapter 11 . 12/9/2016
Draco is adorable, I swear. Also, I love the way Flint develops as a character even though he has a really separated role from the main plot sometimes.
quicksilvergold chapter 10 . 12/9/2016
Rigel really doesn't seem to take her safety seriously, looking at how dismissive she is of her attacker. It's a good thing she has Draco and Pansy!
quicksilvergold chapter 9 . 12/9/2016
I really enjoy Rigel's interactions with the Weasleys, they're all different shades of nice (not to mention funny!).
693 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »