Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Kashlazy chapter 22 . 8/12/2014
This story is freaking freaking amazing! I can't believe I didn't find this earlier, I mean it's based of the Alana series. I can't even begin to explain how amazing a female harry gender bender story this was! I just hope Archie doesn't turn crazy at the end like Alana's brother did! And this is definitely the first fanfic where Pansy isn't a major bitch, you have no idea how long I wanted to read about a decent Pansy. It's amazing that Hermione is friends with Archie! I just wish there were more interactions with Ridel and Archie(aka harry). Anyway it's so amazing! I hope the sequel is even better!
saltwater dreamer chapter 20 . 8/9/2014
this has just come to me, (after the four re-read...) but i think its possible that Dumbledore could be cornering the market on ginseng...i mean it wouldn't make sense if it was the cow party doing it...wonder if we actually will ever know...love your story, you don't need to answers me ramblings, just thought i'd voice them...waiting impatiently for the next chapter of AA. :)
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
ooooohhhhh! so freaking interesting!
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 17 . 8/5/2014
loveitloveitloveit
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 16 . 8/5/2014
oooooooh love it!
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 15 . 8/5/2014
wow, i can't remember if i have reviewed other chapters or not, but i was addicted to it at the start, and i still love it just as much. this story is BRILLIANT!
InArduisFidelius chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
This is the only fem!Harry fic that I have ever liked. Furthermore, this is the best fanfic series I have ever read, surpassing even Fallen by confusedknight (which is brilliant by the way). This is the fourth time I've read this series through and I am still loving it!
Serendox chapter 22 . 7/27/2014
This fic is amazing! I spent the past two days reading it every spare moment that I had, and considering my definite lack of free time that's a big compliment. This is by far one of the best Harry Potter fics I've read, for sure in my top three AUs.

It's really impressive how you've managed to change so many elements while keeping the core characters and plot ideas alive. I love it when authors transform the original idea into something different but still recognizable. It's much more creative when it retains some similarities than when it goes totally off-base, because then that means the author has almost set up limiting parameters and forced themselves to try and remain true to the spirit of the original material. You've thought of everything-pureblood society, politics, magical theory. You've planned out and meticulously explained how Archie and Harry are keeping up the charade, but not to the point that it's dull to read about. It's excellent, extremely well thought-out.

This is a really great fic-I'm actually amazed that you don't have more reviews, because you definitely deserve more attention. Please, keep writing! This is awesome.

Also, if you're ever looking for recs, you might like C'est la Vie by cywscross. It's another one of my favorite HP AUs, and I think you guys might enjoy each others' work a lot.
Life's a dream chapter 9 . 7/27/2014
Hi! I actually found this story from a fic rec on cywscross' s tumblr (and if you haven't read her stories before, then you should coz they're simply amazing) but I have to say, your story is brilliant as well! The amount of detail (like with the potion ingredients and the nimbue flower) was so extensive and the way you built up Harriets character and her interactions with others is just fantastic. Haha, Archie sounds like a really interesting character too, and I almost wish I could see him at hogwarts as well just to see his reactions.
Hmm I guess I also like the way how you present Harriets character - she's absolutely genius in potions but not amy of the spell work because she has zero interest in it, how you show all her slytherin qualities... Oh btw, "the look" was absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing with the look being described as "like an adorable baby owl"!
Oh I guess I also really wanted to start reading this because of how you wrote in your summary that it's similar to Alanna the Lioness. That was my favourite teenage/young adult books! Tamora Pierce is wonderful, and while I think Alanna probably isn't as slytherin as Harriet, you've still really captured the feeling of how each of them really wants to chase their respective dreams.
Thank you so much for writing such an amazing story, and I'll get back to reading! Just couldn't help but review on what I had already read. I am very much looking forward to see how long Harriet can go keeping her identity a secret, although I guess it'll be like with Alanna where the whole school knows of her secret only at the end of her 7yrs at Hogwarts but her close friends will be told of it eventually before that? Oh yeah, it'd be interesting to see her reaction when she his puberty too, although I don't think it'd be like Alanna's OMG WTH?! Since she knows potions so well and she'll still see her mother during holidays... haha!
Ok I better stop and go back to reading :) thank you!
Guest chapter 20 . 7/25/2014
She needs to put Parseltongue defenses in her mind, though. As the outer gate, that would be good.
obsessivesyndrome chapter 22 . 7/19/2014
Great story, love it!
Slytherin's Destiel shipper chapter 22 . 7/6/2014
So I just finster your Story and I have to say that I absolutes loved it. This fanfiction is actually the first long story I read and I don't regeret it. I really like your writing stile and your description of Snape.
And nie I have to continue with The Serpentine Subterfuge.
Starlight Chibi-chan chapter 12 . 6/26/2014
This story is really amazing! I loved the Alanna series, and Tamora Pierce's novels. To see you integrate those concepts into the Harry Potter world so seamlessly is a real treat! It's so rare to see high-caliber fanfiction like this nowadays. Can't wait to read the rest.
TsuQ chapter 22 . 6/25/2014
Awesomely amazing fic.

I normally dislike 'complete' fics that are only complete for the year, but this one, whether through the epic scale, or the strong story arch, manages to actually feel complete in itself while still maintaining my interest in what the future brings.

Part of the interest generated by this series no doubt comes from the universe it exists in. A place where Tom Riddle decided to emphasize a political approach to obtaining his goals, where simultaneously a very different 'Harry Potter' enters into the most political of the Hogwarts houses, indirectly, and perhaps even incidentally thwarting his plans with nothing but good intentions and what is essentially, a thirst to prove 'himself'. The events themselves however, are so separate from cannon, or abstracted to such a degree, that even though all the characterization of all the known players is spot on, the way things unfold is fascinating.

The only portion of the plotting I found odd, was the concept that you can't "substitute a substitute" since one imagines one possible substitute should be as plausible as another, which is to say, it's a bit of a misstatement, in the sense that you shouldn't be trying to substitute the substitute as such, as you are trying to find a substitute for the original potion, which just happens to be different from one which you already found. It works as a truism I suppose, one can imagine that the interactions are such that at least for a given key ingredient, it usually works out that there is only one other ingredient which would function in its place, but as a hard rule it seems spurious. I suppose I base this mostly around the discussion on the combination of potions earlier on, which suggested to me a much greater flexibility surrounding potions than that statement suggests. One would think if you didn't mind accepting certain side effects for the sake of short term benefit, you could, at least in the short run, normally produce some form of hybrid potion/poison that would be temporarily useful.

That leads me to the last point I should make, the excellence of the systems created in this story. Whether occlumency, potions, the flow of magic in general, or (to a lesser extent,) aristocratic etiquette these systems work within this story in such a way, that they have a heft to them. There is a feeling that this universe is one which is indeed bound by a set of rules and regulations about the way things operate, and not likely to change in drastic or unexpected ways when it becomes convenient for the plot or a given character within it. This makes the conflicts seem truly troublesome, and their eventual solutions quite meaningful.

Overall, it's an excellent story, and I anticipate great things from this series, not terrible, just great.
UnbiasedBias chapter 22 . 6/23/2014
I am absolutely enraptured by your magical world of Harietta/Rigel Black. The detail you put into your magical theory and potion recipes is incredible and I'm blown away by the sheer depth of it. Since I read this in two days (I know, I know. 200k in two days. I'm a frantic book reader when hooked), I think it's amusing that you had to rewrite this a few times to un-Mary Sue Harietta. And now chapters are 20k each. Isn't it funny how characters take on a life of their own?

There is much more I look forward to, and for that, I move on to your second novel.

Thanks for the brilliant read!
473 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »