Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
sheydraw chapter 12 . 1/19
Im still kinda confused about the political happenings of this world. So atleast by 1970 muggleborns (and halfbloods?) couldn't go to school at hogwarts (because thats when her parents went to school). And by 1981 law were passed to restrict non purebloods...
StarOfTime chapter 22 . 1/10
I love this story... I can't even begin ti emphasize how much.
Thankyou for writing it.
I have a question though. Was the inspiration for this that movie with Amanda Byrne, She's the Man?
Kronus96 chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
This is a very fun idea. I like these kinds of stories and potions Harri could be great if done right. I'm hoping Archie is more than just a Harri substitute and he'll be developed as well.

Thanks for writing
Evani chapter 22 . 12/20/2014
Thallus you so very much for writing this, it's brilliantly written and I adore it. I have to say I'm totally shipping hermione and Archy though, and Blaise and Harry honestly even though their all 11 at this point in time. Anyway, seeing as I have sacrificed my sleep till 3 in the morning to finish this after reading it for a few day I suppose I might be able to hold off on reading the next part, again, thank you for writing this, I really appreciate it :D
Aki WildQueen chapter 7 . 12/12/2014
I always wanted to ask if the "course she's not" the Twins said when Harry ran into them was intentional. I could see it as a possible angle to how they can aura read but I can't see them not confronting her about it eventually. If only to know about this "super prank."

Thanks! I love your stories!
-Aki
Dimensional Roamer chapter 18 . 11/25/2014
LOL that last bit on snape preparing himself to see Rigel's work was hilarious :D
blobbytheunicorn chapter 22 . 11/18/2014
Wow, this story is brilliant - absolutely, mind-numbingly brilliant. Fantastic plot, complex and likeable characters (except Riddle lol) and a superb climax and ending. I am super impressed, especially given that this is your first fic! And I usually don't like gender-bending fics, so to say I am impressed is actually an understatement. I am mindblown, astounded, in awe... Well done. (I am now off to read the sequel :D )

Just one thing I couldn't stop thinking about - SOW and the nickname 'cow'. Not that I mind it, it's just that "sow" being a female pig, I was a little surprised to find that their nickname wasn't "pigs" or something like that. I feel that would be more in keeping with their ideals and so on; I always saw cows as affable, harmless but slightly stupid creatures, while pigs appear disgusting but are in fact highly intelligent animals :) Anyway, the thought has just been plaguing me and I had to let you know :P Whatever. It was nice to read this story, as I've mentioned :)
Guest chapter 5 . 11/12/2014
I like the long chapters.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 12 . 10/15/2014
Well, at least Harriet *did* eventually muster the nerve-sort of-to almost sort of point out 'hey, your wrong-headed racism is offensive and insulting to both myself and my family'.

Except she didn't, really. In this story, she frankly doesn't seem at all bothered to be honest. It remains interesting, but her I charitably call it 'caution' is more than a little off-putting. *shrug* as long as she gets to take potions and be mesmerized by draco's eyes, I guess?
RakeeshJ4 chapter 6 . 10/12/2014
'A Malfoy is always honest with his true friends'? Seriously? The family is *famous* for ruthless opportunism. That is almost their family motto, unless they're getting a full form whitewash from canon, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

It's an interesting premise, but there is-I say this for two reasons, one as my own reader perspective and two because fanfic reviews are almost always up helpfully, universally positive-two beefs. One, the eyes. 11-12 year olds stunned by the power of one another's looks? Being afraid and thinking it's like a moon landing? They're children if I'm not mistaken-but they all seem as sophisticated as though they were all stars in a Bronte.

The second significant criticism I can think of is this: Harriet seems almost completely unbothered by being a mixed race child, so to speak, in with a pack of bigots. One of the harshest insults her 'not so bad' friend Draco can think of involves epithets against Muggles, half-bloods, and 'blood traitors'.

She doesn't even seem to notice, much less care. Nor does she ever seem bothered by the fact that her blood should bar her from her ambition. These thoughts don't occur to her, even though we're in her head. She spends much more time thinking about the way Draco looks at her.
Shadow Eclipse chapter 22 . 9/26/2014
omg totally loved it
gonna go read part 2 now
lacomptessa chapter 15 . 8/13/2014
Loool I loved Archie's POV. He's hilarious and such a troll.
Kashlazy chapter 22 . 8/12/2014
This story is freaking freaking amazing! I can't believe I didn't find this earlier, I mean it's based of the Alana series. I can't even begin to explain how amazing a female harry gender bender story this was! I just hope Archie doesn't turn crazy at the end like Alana's brother did! And this is definitely the first fanfic where Pansy isn't a major bitch, you have no idea how long I wanted to read about a decent Pansy. It's amazing that Hermione is friends with Archie! I just wish there were more interactions with Ridel and Archie(aka harry). Anyway it's so amazing! I hope the sequel is even better!
saltwater dreamer chapter 20 . 8/9/2014
this has just come to me, (after the four re-read...) but i think its possible that Dumbledore could be cornering the market on ginseng...i mean it wouldn't make sense if it was the cow party doing it...wonder if we actually will ever know...love your story, you don't need to answers me ramblings, just thought i'd voice them...waiting impatiently for the next chapter of AA. :)
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 18 . 8/7/2014
ooooohhhhh! so freaking interesting!
485 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »