Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
AlainnRain chapter 16 . 9/12/2012
Your chapters are as brilliant as ever. I love your writing style it's very engaging and intriguing all at the same time. Also, I hope one day I can make my own characters as believable and real as you make yours. Omagosh! I really and truly love the way you have the snakes and Rigel talk to each other! It's really awesome. D Well... That was a ramble if I ever wrote one. Ha ha, loved it as always. )

Ps; Sorry I dropped off the radar for so long. I haven't had as much time to read as I'd like the last few months. ( To make up for it I'm going to review each chapter as I go even though you've finished. Hopefully thats not just annoying... Eh oh well... p
higito chapter 10 . 8/27/2012
Do we ever get an explanation as to why there's a trick stair on that staircase? I remember from the later chapters that even the teachers don't think there's supposed to be one there.
Dr. Ellie Sattler chapter 22 . 8/21/2012
This story is mindbogglingly good. I'm Sirius ;) this is simply one of, if not the best written stories on this website. If it wasn't based on two other books, you could have published it to much critical acclaim.

I'm still reeling from how well it is composed. The perfect balance of dialogue, thoughts, and description...the varied language and flawless grammar... the unique magical theories and complex character development. Just WOW!

As your humble reader, I just implore you to never give up on this series and continue it until the end of Harry's seven years.

Thank you so much for writing this!
emLights chapter 22 . 8/9/2012
Amazing story! cant wait to start the next one!
Yagura-San chapter 22 . 8/6/2012
OkaY. I love this story. I started it two days ago and finished it just now. It is incredible. It's such an awesome idea and I so look forward to the rest of the years that Harry shall have to endure.
Cadeyrn Lux chapter 22 . 7/30/2012
Just finished this - so brilliant and can't wait to read the second one! I'd start tonight, but I unfortunately have a job to go to in the morning, so I must sleep. Very well written and constantly keeping me engaged. I love your magical theory and the way you describe things and how you portray Rigel and everyone. Simply brilliant!
guest chapter 22 . 7/26/2012
really great story. please update soon.
Fornever Tash chapter 22 . 7/22/2012
This has been one of the most intelligent, thought provoking and enjoyable fanfictions I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Your own twist on the Harry Potter world is intricate and multifaceted. Rigel is original and incredibly likeable and her powers are also believable which is missjng from most good fanfiction. Thank you for writing this, you're freaking awesome!
Guest chapter 22 . 6/29/2012
So here's the deal. I'm not really a laugh-out-loud-er, generally speaking. I more fancy myself one who is silently amused. But there was one part where I actually chucked out loud, much to the detriment of my reputation. It was when magonnigal mentioned how frightened the students would be when they saw snow in their minds. Heh, heh, heh. That's a chuckled btw. All in all I very much enjoyed the story. I had to pretend that I didn't know it was you writing it bc then I could only hear your voice narrating and I couldn't take the story seriously. No offense. But I could still hear you writing it. And that amused me. I feel ya on the whole romance thing. The story just isn't ready. And they are too young. An ignore the creepers that want a snape relationship. That is just plain wrong. I can't believe you started me on this story when you only had one book done. Next time, present me with all seven books and then I shall be satisfied (if not a little put-out as I was with the original series). I'm not one much for endings so now I'm just grump. Well, it's me, in case you haven't guessed yet. Otherwise you suck and don't know me at all. So yea. I read it. And loved it. And blah blah you're great blah blah can't wait for the next one. Thinking about postponing the next story until you've finished it completely. Not big on patience, you know me. Anyway, see you in an hour when you get home from work. Try not to let this go to your head.
Fondness, etc.,
Sister.
Redbook19 chapter 22 . 6/27/2012
wow really impressed with this one, and it kept me from sleeping till it was all done so i didnt review last night too tired, but im hoping the next year is as ecxiting.

the only thing that bugged me was when you gave hints to the future of Rigil,i like to be suprised and now i know something will happen but it is only me, so dont be dishearted, be...pro-hearted?

Koki
Katritam chapter 21 . 6/25/2012
I read this in one sitting...and despite the fact that I now have to be up in...oh, 2 hours, I have to say that I absolutely and completely adored it, in every single way possible.

I remember reading the 'Lioness' series when I was much younger (and 'browsing' since then)and falling in love.

Harry Potter is just...beyond wow.

Combine the two and you have completely and utterly made my day...and night!

I wasn't sure how you would attempt to pull it off, and to be honest, female Harry threw me for a little bit at the beginning, but once I settled in, I found that I really liked your character structures and the stories format.

I understand how you can say...oh, 3000 words, I think...and then have it balloon grossly out of proportion. I had one of my chapters weigh in at a ridiculous 50 pages!

I really hope that you have continued/plan to continue this series and am off to check your profile out now.

Regards,

Ri
Yasmine chapter 22 . 6/24/2012
Wow! I just finished this story. I love it!
Guest chapter 22 . 6/22/2012
I'm so excited that you updated! I like your portrayal of Riddle, and can't wait to see more of him. I'm not in the habit of reviewing every chapter, but since I plan to keep on top of your stories and actually read them update by update, I think I'll make an exception.

Congratulations on the completion of your first story: it's brilliant, and I'm sure you'll only get better.

Thanks for writing this!
dragonsheart8261920 chapter 22 . 6/21/2012
You are amazing! Tamora Pierce is one of my favorite published authors, someone time and time again I return to reread so many times that my books are in very well read condition. So I was leery when I started this last night, but within the first chapter I was in love with it. You captured the essence of it without detracting from it or Harry Potter. I noticed all sorts of little bits that if you hadn't read the Lioness series and Kel, they didn't mean anything. But I say Cleon with his pretty speech about pearls. The no free time. The broken wrist and the lack of asking for help. The sweating sickness, the healing, the fight with the magic and the fear. The finding of the wand. I could go on and on but I really want to start the second year. Since I'll be caught up soon I'll try to mention things more but you never know what real life with throw at you. I'm sure I will reread this again in the future. Thank you for writing something that I know I'll read again, that has touched me, its a gift.
Giselle Pink chapter 22 . 6/21/2012
I'm practically shaking with excitement. I never shake. WHAT MAGICAL INGREDIENTS ARE YOU MADE OF WOMAN?
555 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »