Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Shifting Flames chapter 7 . 3/27/2015
I hope we get to see 'The Look' again later, the reactions it gets are hilarious!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/13/2015
So far so awesome, just please let the pure blood families continue in wealth and prosperity. Don't destroy a family or send them to aka an no one deserves to be in azkaban for the rest of their lives. Anyway you've probably already finished so it doesn't matter, but please continue the pure blood lines. Also is Rigel pure Lois or half blood?
RGN chapter 22 . 3/7/2015
I love the way you "translate" Song of the Lioness into the Hogwarts World. It works surprisingly well. I couldn't stop reading once I had started.
Thank you very much for writing and sharing this!
erbkaiser chapter 6 . 2/18/2015
Quitting here. It's a well written story with rather good characterisation but the pretense that is the core concept I just don't feel is handled good enough. I skipped ahead to the end and even the later stories and from what I see it doesn't get much different, so this is just not for me.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
I love this story so much
sheydraw chapter 13 . 1/19/2015
"if I fail then it will prove everyone who thinks that half-bloods don't deserve to go to school here or can't keep up with 'real' magic right...

That was why she worked so hard to prove herself early on to Professor Snape and bent over backwards like a worm for Flint and pushed herself to her limits hiding her injury and doing normal things with her friends so that no one would be suspicious of her or find a reason to kick her out. She had to stay at Hogwarts, for all the kids who didn't get the chance, who didn't have a pureblooded cousin as kind and generous as Archie, who were scorned and practically exiled from their own country for something they could never change. And on top of standing up for everyone who couldn't take a stand themselves, she was taking all this crap for her dream, hers and Archie's."

I was worried about her lack of angry and her blase attitude toward the racism against anyone not pureblood, but its nice to see that the seed is there hopefully to grow and flourish later when she grows up really starts seeing the consequences of the racism against her later. I do wish it was more apparent in her everyday thoughts, though. In this story, she frankly doesn't seem at all bothered to be honest. It seems as long as she gets to learn potions and her dreams get fulfilled, who cares about changing the corrupt racist system?

Right now she kinda gets a pass because she's "passing" as pureblood, she's incredibly young, she doesn't understand how powerful she'll be and how she can use her power to make life better for others, and as pointed out in this chapter and later ones, she has a tendency to contain and ignore her emotions.

Its annoying but you did say this story was about starting a revolution. I know you have to start her with humanistic flaws to be able to change her slowly and to truly have great character growth
sheydraw chapter 12 . 1/19/2015
Im still kinda confused about the political happenings of this world. So atleast by 1970 muggleborns (and halfbloods?) couldn't go to school at hogwarts (because thats when her parents went to school). And by 1981 law were passed to restrict non purebloods...
StarOfTime chapter 22 . 1/10/2015
I love this story... I can't even begin ti emphasize how much.
Thankyou for writing it.
I have a question though. Was the inspiration for this that movie with Amanda Byrne, She's the Man?
Kronus96 chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
This is a very fun idea. I like these kinds of stories and potions Harri could be great if done right. I'm hoping Archie is more than just a Harri substitute and he'll be developed as well.

Thanks for writing
Evani chapter 22 . 12/20/2014
Thallus you so very much for writing this, it's brilliantly written and I adore it. I have to say I'm totally shipping hermione and Archy though, and Blaise and Harry honestly even though their all 11 at this point in time. Anyway, seeing as I have sacrificed my sleep till 3 in the morning to finish this after reading it for a few day I suppose I might be able to hold off on reading the next part, again, thank you for writing this, I really appreciate it :D
Aki WildQueen chapter 7 . 12/12/2014
I always wanted to ask if the "course she's not" the Twins said when Harry ran into them was intentional. I could see it as a possible angle to how they can aura read but I can't see them not confronting her about it eventually. If only to know about this "super prank."

Thanks! I love your stories!
-Aki
Dimensional Roamer chapter 18 . 11/25/2014
LOL that last bit on snape preparing himself to see Rigel's work was hilarious :D
blobbytheunicorn chapter 22 . 11/18/2014
Wow, this story is brilliant - absolutely, mind-numbingly brilliant. Fantastic plot, complex and likeable characters (except Riddle lol) and a superb climax and ending. I am super impressed, especially given that this is your first fic! And I usually don't like gender-bending fics, so to say I am impressed is actually an understatement. I am mindblown, astounded, in awe... Well done. (I am now off to read the sequel :D )

Just one thing I couldn't stop thinking about - SOW and the nickname 'cow'. Not that I mind it, it's just that "sow" being a female pig, I was a little surprised to find that their nickname wasn't "pigs" or something like that. I feel that would be more in keeping with their ideals and so on; I always saw cows as affable, harmless but slightly stupid creatures, while pigs appear disgusting but are in fact highly intelligent animals :) Anyway, the thought has just been plaguing me and I had to let you know :P Whatever. It was nice to read this story, as I've mentioned :)
Guest chapter 5 . 11/12/2014
I like the long chapters.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 12 . 10/15/2014
Well, at least Harriet *did* eventually muster the nerve-sort of-to almost sort of point out 'hey, your wrong-headed racism is offensive and insulting to both myself and my family'.

Except she didn't, really. In this story, she frankly doesn't seem at all bothered to be honest. It remains interesting, but her I charitably call it 'caution' is more than a little off-putting. *shrug* as long as she gets to take potions and be mesmerized by draco's eyes, I guess?
788 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »