Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
quicksilvergold chapter 6 . 12/9/2016
I love your depiction of Snape, and Rigel's near-idol-worship (I'll always think of it like that, even if he isn't exactly a worship-able character).
quicksilvergold chapter 5 . 12/9/2016
The jelly-brains jinx is my favorite. It's so amusing to see everything in context but know that it makes absolutely no sense to the characters listening to Rigel. I also enjoy Rigel's views on magic (so different from canon Harry).
quicksilvergold chapter 4 . 12/9/2016
I love how suspicious Draco is, and just Rigel's interactions with everyone in general! I also always enjoy reading such a dryly humorous writing style.
quicksilvergold chapter 3 . 12/9/2016
I liked the bit about imagining exaggerated expressions onto people, as well as just how oblivious Rigel only appears to be (I enjoyed her irritating Draco). A wonderful use of humor.
quicksilvergold chapter 2 . 12/9/2016
I think you should give yourself a little more credit. Even with a solid base of knowledge of Alanna the Lioness, I still have a hard time making out certain connections. You created a new character for it to work and completely changed the basic plot for Harry Potter (which I love by the way, it's hard to find anything with Riddle as a politician)! It takes a lot of creativity to make something so detailed with seemingly no connections between what you're combining (you even had to create another school!). Kudos to you, man, you're doing great.
quicksilvergold chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
You know, when I first saw this idea I honestly had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had been on a fem!Harry kick, and this appeared in the search. To be fully honest, normally I would not have been interested from the summary, but boy am I glad I gave it a chance. You are an amazing author and I think it's amazing you came up with such an involved idea. Not only did I end up finding an amazing fanfiction to read, you also interested me in a series I had never even heard of before. The idea is definitely unusual, but that's why it's so amazing and unique. I just have to say: Brilliant job. You're amazing.
chkboris chapter 13 . 12/7/2016
I love your characterization of Rosier and Rookwood, and I think you did a pretty good job of making them the Weasley Twins' Slytherin counterparts.
chkboris chapter 10 . 12/7/2016
May the friendship gods bless us all with a Draco and Pansy of our own
chkboris chapter 9 . 12/7/2016
Awesome chapter, 5 bucks says someone notices the bandage/brace on her arm the next morning.
chkboris chapter 8 . 12/7/2016
Awesome Chapter!
I just wanted to re-iterate my appreciation for this fic, and say that I love the AU elements and Harriet/Rigel/ the OC you have created.

One thing I noticed in this chapter is that while Rigel was doing her pseudo-legillimency on Snape you used both masculine and feminine pronouns, I'm not sure if this was intentional, so I just figured I'd point it out.
Intrepid Bibliophile chapter 12 . 12/7/2016
Don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but in the previous chapter, you describe Rosier and Rookwood as new aquaintances Pansy made at Hogwarts, but Pansy later says she's known them since childhood. Since the latter description is held up by the rest of the story, I assume you just forgot to change the first one.
chkboris chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
Hey, I just wanted to say that this premise sounds really interesting and I look forward to giving the rest of this fic a shot
AzaleaE chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
I just finished this fic, and I loved it. Stupendous job! I can't wait to read the rest of what you've written.
E M McPhee-Deute chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
Rereading again for the I don't know how many times. But this is such a wonderful story. You did say you had to go away for a bit. I hope you return soon. Even more I hope all is well. Thank you for your amazing talent.
LLTIF chapter 22 . 12/3/2016
I love this series I am re-reading it all again
691 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »