Reviews for The Pureblood Pretense
Quizer chapter 17 . 8/20/2017
Please punch yourself in the face again for messing up the words 'tome' (book) and 'tomb' (grave). I just don't understand how you could do this... these words' meanings are nothing alike, and they are not even pronounced the same way! You've made this mistake in multiple chapters, so to fix it, you'll need to search-and-replace through your entire story.
Quizer chapter 13 . 8/19/2017
This whole "do a random task to prove your trustworthiness, or we'll spill your secret that we don't even know about" plot seems pretty stupid and pointless to me. Don't get me wrong, I like that Rigel got her arm healed (and now knows someone who can heal future injuries if needed), but what they said about secrets makes zero sense. This whole little subplot seemed too contrived and stupid in several ways that I find difficult to untangle. Seeing whether your new acquaintance is enough of a doormat to let themselves be blackmailed for no reason seems like a silly way to vet your friend's friends, but what do I know.

Also, you used the word 'taunt' when you mean 'taut', as well as spelling 'Alohomora' wrong. The unlocking spell has nothing to with a Hawaiian greeting. Both of these are mistakes that a lot of fanfic writers make, which you are helping perpetuate. People read these mistakes and go on to repeat them in their own fanfics. For this reason, I cordially invite you to punch yourself in the face, once for each. (And also to fix them, I guess, but I shouldn't really need to say that...)

I hope that Rigel learns at some point to not do everything involving risk or skulduggery on her own. This stupid insistence to never confide in anyone, even when it does not come with the cost of spilling valuable secrets, is one of the things that rankled me about the Lioness books, and it seems like you might be taking your cue from them to an excessive degree in this regard. It would not have cost Rigel anything to bring the mysterious attacker to Snape's attention, and Draco and Pansy have already demonstrated that they are willing to let Rigel keep her secrets, at least to some degree, so she could have had backup (from afar) for the meeting in this chapter without first having to spill secrets to her friends.

Anyway, Rigel getting blackmailed left and right and just blithely accepting it is getting tiresome. I don't mind Flint, since this basically boosts her learning and gets her advanced knowledge early on which may come in handy at some point. But the mysterious attacker and the blackmail plot in this chapter isn't something she should just take lying down. Let's hope she learns from this...
Quizer chapter 11 . 8/19/2017
It seems a bit of a stretch for Rigel's broken wrist to go unnoticed. It looks really weird when someone only ever uses one hand and has to awkwardly reach across their body in order to do that, and people are going to notice that kind of thing in short order. You should have gone with something other than a broken wrist.

Also, something needs to be done about this mysterious enemy. Rigel should try to walk the halls with her friends whenever possible, and maybe alert Snape. These attacks seem to have some pretty serious malice behind them.
Quizer chapter 10 . 8/19/2017
It seems weird that Rigel has an enemy who makes such a concerted effort to screw with her already. I hope this gets explained soon.
Dii chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
I just absolutely love the entire premise of this story, the originality of it as well as your great writing style. Draws you in from the first paragraph. Thank you for writing and continuing this awesome story through thr years.
Fan chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
Whoever has recently stumbled upon into this amazing fanfiction, I highly recommend you read this! There are 4 books in total for now and every chapter has been adventurous, amazing, top-quality and ingeniously original. If you do not try reading this fiction, you will be missing much. I wish I could erase my memories and read it again.
As much as I love Harry Potter series itself, this fanfiction rivals the very original book.
Just try reading, your life will never be the same afterwards.
Ohjarat chapter 22 . 8/17/2017
I just want to say wow! This is truly amazing.
When I first encounter this, I only thought that it was interesting and I noticed it only has 22 chaps, but then as the story progresses, I absolutely fell for it! It's so beautiful and well written, I can see that you have big plans for it.
Anyways, I'll be moving on to the next part, thank you so much, even though it was written back in 2011 or so, this has been an incredible work and I hope to encounter more of like this.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 22 . 8/14/2017
Wow. This entire story was fantastic. You truly deserve more reviews than you have. Your writing is fabulous. Both in terms of technical ability and storytelling. Really looking forward to jumping into year two later today. But for now I have things to do. Thank you so much for sharing!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 21 . 8/14/2017
This was amazing. And that bit at the wnd with Snape just says so, so much...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 20 . 8/14/2017
Wow. Great job. Rhat was an amazing chapter!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 19 . 8/14/2017
And there goes Draco... On to the climax, right?
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 18 . 8/14/2017
Great chapter! And now I see where the 'swesting sickness' is going here. Or so I think. Someone important's child will get sick (Draco?) and then their parent will come by and 'find out'. Thus discrediting Dumbledore. Then, after a new headmaster is in place all the children will be 'cured'. Or something to that effect. But Rigel is gonna throw a wrench in everyon's plans, isn't she?
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 17 . 8/12/2017
And the sweating sickness arrives...hmmm...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 16 . 8/12/2017
Rigel/Harriet is going to be swamped under all this extra work. And you're laying a lot of groundwork here. Will be interesting to see where it all leads.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 15 . 8/12/2017
Loved getting Archie and Hermione's pov. Also, you're not just allowed to play the AU card, it's practically required in a fic like this.
812 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »