Reviews for The Miri Factor
Coriandergirl chapter 8 . 5/12/2012
hey, so I'm a terrible reviewer- I'll generally read and love and favorite everything but never actually say a word... but. I just wanted to say, on top of everything wonderful that you do in your writing, I enjoyed the way you handled this author's note chapter as though you were truly just another observer taking the true actions and thoughts of real, actual-factual people and trying to find the meanings for your own sake as well as ours. I don't know. I guess it just serves to cement the stories as ever more true and real and believable than if you'd just come right out and said 'I wrote this in reference to that because I wanted to.'

Um, yeah. so. Thanks for your incredible writing, and for all the emotions you pour into your work, and bring out in us, and just everything ever.

steepedinwords chapter 8 . 1/21/2012

I just... gosh.

There are no words.

I bloody love Colin.
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
Oh, I nearly cried at this chapter. You truly have a way with words, and expressing the emotion behind the actions. And I probably should have thought of that before reading anything in the DAYDverse while on my lunch break.

Thank you.
amazingtofu chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
I like how Lupin explains that Brad giving his life wasn't the same as Colin taking it. And that explains the patronus thing, too.

I'm happy Neville apologized and I like how it happened in such a way that Colin and Neville both felt better. Because they were both under so much pressure and they have to figure things out way too fast.
amazingtofu chapter 6 . 12/29/2011
I guess Neville was right. But his delivery wasn't even close. And it's so painful to see Colin agreeing with Neville and going from one extreme to the other. First he's a hero, then he's a murderer. And it's so painful to follow his emotions.
amazingtofu chapter 5 . 12/29/2011
Yup, here is goes. Pretty damn close to crying. Not quite there, but that's more because I'm stubborn.

Colin won't wake up Dennis... and how he doesn't want to fail him.

And I'm back with fragments of what should be sentences.

Thinking of Colin still trying to protect Dennis no matter the cost is just... so Colin.

And then Mrs. Weasley should honestly win the Mother of the Year award.
amazingtofu chapter 4 . 12/29/2011
Colin realizing that he grew up really fast but that Brad was still the same. Brad was still just a 16 year old kid and that he couldn't expect him to be able to know what to do in this kind of situation. When reality hits, it hits hard.

And then Colin not wanting to tell the rest of them about his hand so that they'll concentrate on Dennis instead.

amazingtofu chapter 3 . 12/29/2011
How he'd forgotten he was a wizard too... the stress of the moment.

Colin remained much calmer than I would've, that's for sure.

And then the Death Eaters come, because they're annoying.
amazingtofu chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
All the stages of grief.

How Colin wants to pass the responsibility to an adult, like he should be able to do.

I'm imagining all of this like how my sister would react, cause we're both about the same age. And seeing Dennis like that. He's angry, he's upset, and then denial.

And when Colin grabs Dennis' wrist so hard...

I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but I do enjoy your writing, quite a bit and this is completely brilliant. I'm just experiencing emotions and having problems forming coherent sentences.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I like how Colin snaps at Dennis. Not that I like it, but I like that it's so realistic (though everything you write is realistic and I comment on that a lot). He's under so much stress and... holy shit. It's just another thing that I can't imagine, though I'm not complaining about that.

And how in the end it's another person going through the motions. Colin...
lynxzpanther chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
I don't think Colin did anything wrong with his 'first real test' of adulthood. He did the best he could, really, and that's all that can be expected. It's not terrible that he broke down and told someone; they really did need the help, even if he didn't want to admit it.

Aquaman sucks made me giggle. Even in the midst of all the angst. Like I said, all those little references seriously made the story for me, even though I didn't understand half of them.

I don't blame Colin for crying when he told his brother, or Dennis for lashing out and then shutting down. Coping... and this all just sucks, sucks SO MUCH, for them.

Is it bad that in my head, the entire time I read this whole fic, all I could think of was the moment when Colin died, and how Dennis hadn't talked for ages, and how his last word was screaming his brother's name? .

I hate this so much because it's too real and too well written and they just shouldn't have to deal with it, and they're real to me, they are, and I just want to help them but I can't because I'm trapped on the other side of this computer screen and it sucks.
lynxzpanther chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I actually went to review this as I was reading, but I was logged out and I wanted to keep reading instead of logging in. :P I apologize for my laziness.

Well, as I screamed on tumblr, this is everything I've wanted since the first time I read DAYD, and everything I never wanted as well. I can't deny that my curiosity ran away with the idea of what poor Colin may have been going through-and then was confirmed to have gone through-at Christmas. It's appropriate that this was uploaded at Christmas, then, I suppose.

I always wanted to know what it was like for Colin, how he handled what he found. Seeing everything only from Neville's point of view left gaps in Colin's story, of course, and even then we only knew whatever Colin shared.

I loved the references to 'being Vulcan' every time Colin was trying to stay strong. I'm a mild Trekkie- I watch the new movie five to ten times a month and am struggling through the old series- but it just... give me small smiles in all the sadness. Throwing in mentions of things Colin knew about really did make the story turn from writing into something real.

Poor Colin. Seriously, by the end of this chapter, I just wanted to hug him. Just... Colin. He's so young- he's only my age!- and it just... I know all of DAYD is unfair, and I'm so thankful that you wrote it and it reminds everyone of how unfair the war was for those kids, but it just... hurts. No one should have to go through what Colin and Dennis did, or what any of the others did.
yellow 14 chapter 8 . 12/16/2011
No, I think Colin is simply...commandeering a suitable turn of phrase. And as far as I know, both Romulan and Klingon vessels are called warbirds. Nicely done
Ansa88 chapter 5 . 12/16/2011
oh. my. gods...

Ansa88 chapter 4 . 12/14/2011
oh. my. gods.

this is just...O.O

this is wow...

i feel like going to throw up now, thanks for the great mental images from the house...ERGH.