Reviews for Faceless
dakeyras chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
I like this idea. It's exactly the sort of unusual explanation that you wouldn't expect, but that fits the facts perfectly. Hats off to you!
Publicola chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This is hilarious. In a totally poxer-faced sort of way. Love the explanation
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Ooh... Nice stuff.
Thrythlind chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Interesting and can see that as a sort of propaganda given to the soldiers after the fact.

Wouldn't really work though. The awareness of the force is basically paying attention to ripples in the interactions of all things. Focusing on the lightsaber would simply shift the nature of the ripples formed and give the Jedi a differing perspective on what was going on. It would be like seeing a line to your gun instead of yourself...

It wouldn't really work against broad receptive empathy, either. Since they're picking up the room as a whole, not needing a direct line to line connection.

The main character of Bystander has an ability this would work against, since she is a point-to-point empath rather than the classic radial empath
Jiopaba chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Possibly the most hilarious excuse I've ever seen for the paradox of stormtroopers with shitty aim who can't take down a jedi despite insanely massed fire.

Just one little bit of bad intel trickled down to all the soldiers, and suddenly the Jedi are barely holding back laughter as they butcher whole squadrons with their own shots.

Still some odd questions like why they can't kill Han Solo or why their own armor isn't strong enough to stop even one of their own shots, but eh, whatever.

Amusing within its own limited scope.
Ayy Kaim chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
My training has been updated. I now find it is best to shoot the floor out from under them.
StrangePointOfView chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
This explains so much. Those poor, poor, Stormtroopers.
Darklooshkin chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Heh, the more I think about it, the more I think it's because they were trained with kinetic weapons (guns, rifles etc) first and then, in the final phase of training, they get a brief lecture on how to use the energy weapons they are meant to use, since a standard Storm Trooper rifle would probably be way too expensive and/or dangerous to put in the hands of untrained newbies.

They would be abysmal shots with their standard weapons, but give them a pre-exploration throwback and they're in business.

That said, this too is hilarious.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Oh those poor sorry sods. This would explain a lot.
jdboss1 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I love your righting Please do more Stormtroopers lol it piss me off how bad they was
Ayy Kaim chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
As a rare female stormtrooper myself, I've learned that the trick is to aim for the space above their head, because you're bound to accidentally shoot a bit low at least 25% of the time.
Annu123 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
So that is why they always hit the lightsabers! Good job, you had me laugh :)
Kyon-Kyon Kitchi chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Very nice! I always wondered why the Stormtroopers were such a terrible shot. I'm hoping you take this story a bit further; I rather enjoy your storytelling. :)