Reviews for In the Shadow of the Toll Bridge
Ally A chapter 44 . 2/16
Oh my god.. I just read this over the course of like 3 days and I need more of it..

I think the Phillip/Emma thing is very clever (I'm kind of picturing Colin (or Sam Heughan) as Phillip hehehe)

I'm hoping you'll continue this story bc it's been a long time apparently (I just found it bc a friend recommended it) and I think you're really talented and the Pinocchio/Geppeto made me cry..

I can't wait to see how Ariel/Eric wake up and how Lucas/Aurora wake up.. And how James reacts to Phillip hehehhe so umm yeah.. I'm really glad I decided to read this story

-Ally
That Jasmine and Aladdin scene may be one of the most well written things I've ever read. I don't know how I missed how good it is the first time I read this! Kudos on a phenomenal job! And now I'll continue on, kind of knowing what's about to happen because I've read it before and also not remembering because it's been a while since I read it!
Madje Knotts chapter 2 . 2/3
It's strange to think this was supposed to be a one shot originally because now it's so massive and amazing! Which is why I'm rereading it for like the third time!
CuppaTea13 chapter 15 . 2/2
I'll admit- I'm kinda disappointed you didn't have Emma use the "I'm not having those kids grow up the way I did," line, because I think that would be super powerful for Snow or Charming to hear. They don't really seem to 100% realize that Emma didn't just grow up without them, she grew up without anyone. The full tragedy of Emma's life hasn't really seemed to hit them yet. Because of everyone the curse affected- Emma was the one who suffered most.
CuppaTea13 chapter 9 . 2/2
Ok- first time reviewing (I probably should've before- but I just got obsessive over the "Next" button). This story is awesome. Seriously- I'm totally loving it. Having Snow and David know who Emma is but being unable to really reach out to her the way they want to, so see her and how her past as affected her (I think Emma covers up a lot of the more heartbreaking parts of her past for her parent's, so they won't feel guilty) is tragic and heartbreak and SO INTERESTING.
Also- just a small thing, but in the show, Henry's eyes are brown. Is there a reason you changed them? Is this also, perhaps, a plan to change who Henry's father is (because he does look a surprising amount like Neal...who I do not like so if you're changing that history, I'd probably be happy)?
CastleGhost9095 chapter 44 . 1/30
I absolutely love this story and can't wait for the next installment! I ship Captain Swan in the show but I absolutely love how you've reworked some of the classic fairy tales and given many of your princesses some agency of their own. Kudos!
Awww I was all excited to see you bring Hook into this and then I realized you'd made him a Villian. :(
The Kerl chapter 14 . 1/4
Ok, I don't normally comment mid-story but I LOVE the interspersal of To Kill a Mockingbird; it was a flawless addition to the scene. I also rather wish your version of B&B was canon. Belle is my favorite Disney character and I am beyond disappointed that she married Rumple. Gross.
AngelfromBeyondBelow chapter 21 . 12/14/2014
in this chapter you have said that Alice in Wonderland was written by Charles Dodgson, but it was written by Lewis Carroll
Selina Novella chapter 44 . 10/31/2014
The good guys are finally winning! *crows* I can't wait for the next chapter! And I'm loving Phillip/Emma. I am very curious about Rumplestiltskin though. He never struck me as the take over the world type. More of a malevolent trickster. I don't think he'd be interested in ruling. Too much work.
Selina Novella chapter 35 . 10/30/2014
I wonder what would have happened if Emma really had succeeded in shooting and killing the mayor? And how would Gold have reacted. I think he would have giggled.
duchessduchie chapter 44 . 10/20/2014
Another amazing chapter! Reading your fic is like slipping into this incredible well thought out detailed world that majorly expands the OUAT world. The amount of detail you put into this story is beyond amazing. This is such an amazing epic!
MainlyMaddison chapter 44 . 10/18/2014
Just read the whole story! I'm in love. You do a great job incorporating everything! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
sesshomaru-sama's lover chapter 44 . 10/3/2014
I feel like every time I reread this story it's like one giant tease because the next chapter it's out yet. "Sigh" oh well nothing else to do besides wait for the next chapter. Which will hopefully come out soon
lizdarcy2 chapter 44 . 10/1/2014
Speechless. Just read through all 44 chapters of this story over 2 days. "Woke up" to the real world after being absolutely enchanted by your story, and now I cannot deal (please update ASAP!).

I love how you slowly developed Emma's own awakening - it was so slow that she really has been able to trust Snow and Charming completely. I love the little moments between them, especially that it was Charming's love, trust, and protectiveness that helped Emma believe.

I also love how much time you've spent on the back stories of the new characters - it's very reminiscent of the show. You mentioned that you got some flack on the Emma/Phillip twist, but I love it! At first I missed all of the hints you dropped, probably because Graham's death is always too tragic to handle, so I went back to re-read those last few chapters. Then I remembered how even way back in the beginning Charming was slightly suspicious of Clancy/Phillip's flirtatious behavior! I can't wait to read about THAT meeting ;)

Please please please update soon. I've gotten hooked on your story, and I can't wait for more!
1,233 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »