Reviews for In the Shadow of the Toll Bridge
Yay! Thomas is awake!
Ok this is my second time reading this story. I'm still madly in love with it. I love this chapter and I love how Emma reacts to David! Perfect!
MCWildflowers chapter 46 . 4/12
This story is really really good! I love how the characters started to slowly remember on their own as the curse weakened as apposed to how the TV show did it. I mean, I love the show, don't get me wrong, but the dramatic reunions after the curse broke work a whole lot better in television form than written form in my opinion. That being said, and before I start aimlessly rambling, great work! I can't wait for more in the future!
Ally chapter 46 . 4/6
Please update! I love this story and I want to see how Emma and Philip's whole story ends.
Anon chapter 46 . 4/4
Your world building is AMAZING! Brava!
Dani chapter 46 . 4/4
Holy shit what a chapter! So many things happened! I can’t believe it’s almost over I feel like it was just yesterday I started reading it..

I loved them sending Ariel and poor Charlie/Eric through the portal and how both of them woke up. It was absolutely fantastic..holy shiiit Aladdin is amazing although I’m guessing he needs a long recovery time and considering how the next foe is probably Rumple he probably won’t get it..

I loved Emma defeating Gunlief she is really coming into her own with her powers and it’s a joy to see..

I understand Adam’s motivations but damn that could have gone so wrong… Also I just saw Beauty and the Beast so now I’m picturing Dan and Emma like your Belle/Adam (although I admit not a big fan of the name Adam, wasn’t it debunked by the creator?).. SO GLAD CIRCE IS DEFEATED! YES!

Emma being the most powerful sorceress in Storybrooke is everything.. Why oh why didn’t the show do something like this? So much wasted potential.. but I’m really glad your fic exists because of this.

The image of Phillip, Lucas and Charming on Cain is just sooo good… I do love how when everything happened Phillip stayed close to the Charmings.. Snowing might not know yet but you can tell he’s a part of the family already.. Even when he got pushed aside he still walked towards them. The Phillip/Emma feels are out of this world by the way. He was so worried about her and then so proud!

Lucas and Aurora are back! I’m so happy Phillip has his family back! But now comes the hilarious part.. how to admit to your old friend that you’re their daughter’s true love… classic!

I was on the edge pf my seat throughout this chapter good job! I can’t wait for the next chapter (especially for the confrontation hehehe)
That was amazing! Thanks for continuing!
abeylin1982 chapter 5 . 3/21
Oh my gosh, I LOVE how the haziness of the curse is portrayed here. It makes the whole thing feel darker, that besides leaving town, if people try/start to remember bad things happen. The reference to Midas is nice too, felt odd that we never saw him in Storybrooke in canon (with no real explanation that I can recall). This story continues to pique my curiosity, especially this new idea that perhaps there were more people involved with the casting of the Dark Curse, more than Regina and Rumple! Can't wait to see how that plays out! And such a beautiful scene at the end with Henry finding Snow and Charming, all the Charming family feels! Thank you again for continuing to update/share this story!
abeylin1982 chapter 4 . 3/20
These are the kinds of scenes we need (and miss) in canon, good mother daughter interactions between Snow and Emma! Loved how the scene was altered to adapt to Snow's restored memories. I also really appreciated the animal communication ability of Snow, which seems to have been a missed opportunity for the show to explore, only coming up on the rare occasion for plot. That was such a great scene with Snow doing a bit of reconnaissance with the birds, and the call-back at the end with the flowers. And the goodnight, so beautiful! Thank you again for continuing to share/update!
abeylin1982 chapter 3 . 3/20
Ah Snowing, how we've been missing you in canon! I just recently started reading this based on the glowing reviews from Maii (Maiqu20/AllisonSwan) via the captainswanpodcast, and while it takes a little bit of an adjustment based on what has become so ingrained with canon, it makes me all the more intrigued as to how this story will continue to develop. I think we've all been missing that promised S1 vibe with the show, so I'm excited to delve into something that takes me back to that time. This chapter, especially with the end teasers/notes, has definitely peaked my curiosity. So far I'm loving that Snow seems to be more like her fairy-tale self with her memories restored, and very interested to see how James handles the Katherine situation. Thank you so much for continuing to update and share this story!
Owain1 chapter 46 . 3/19
Good to see this back - and an excellent curse-breaking.
tanithlipsky chapter 46 . 3/13
very good.
lizdarcy2 chapter 46 . 3/13
So glad to see you back and writing again!

I loved this chapter! Your writing style really put me right in Emma's shoes, feeling what she feels. I was hooked the entire time. I really thought Regina had won!

It sounds like the story is winding down. Is everyone going to return to EF? Can't wait to read the next chapter! (and learn how Philip gets out of this one)
Inkling Blotspot chapter 46 . 3/11
Thanks for the update! Just re-read the whole thing again... which is why it's 2pm on a Saturday and I'm still in bed. Can't believe how great this story is! I much prefer your Peter Pan to the crazycakes villain they had on the show. What I'm looking forward to the MOST of all is the Neil is Baelfire and therefore Rumplestiltskin is Henry's grandfather reveal, if you plan on doing that. I love seeing Rumplestiltskin confused and freaked out by his relations. But this cliffhanger you've left us with is delicious as well! Happy writing!
AllisonSwan chapter 46 . 3/9
FIRST OF ALL…. I JUMPED LITERALLY JUMPED AT THE ALERT (AND FLAILED ON TWITTER AND TUMBLR) AND THIS IS JUST SO GOOD … SO FUCKING GOOD … AND GOD THIS CHAPTER IS JUST EVERYTHING AND HOLY FUCK (also I immediately epubed it so I could read it and paste my favorite parts in this review.. You know me I live for giving you long ass reviews

yes the show has really weird (so much regina apologism and she forgot how to act so it’s awkward)… I’m only watching for Emma, Captain Swan and Charming at this point..

“the two lovers of Atlantica caught in a gaze that might very well break the curse all on its own.”

It’s all about the eye-sex am i right?

“Aladdin who appeared slightly more in the foreground and – despite his hand still raised in steadfast determination – was violently trembling, drenched in sweat, barely able to stand”

NOOO ALADDIN!

“Isn't it obvious?" James chuckled through bleary eyes, at last able to gather his daughter in a fierce hug, "You're kicking Magic's ass.”

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT! MY EMMA IS SO BADASS AND WONDERFUL I’M CRYING

“ Aladdin nodded, shoulders already sagging, and then he collapsed to the forest floor as the portal sealed tight,”

YOU DID GOOD MY LOVE! YOU DID REALLY GOOD! IM VERY PROUD!

… Adam I get your reasoning so I can’t really be mad at you but still ARGHHH

“Circe fell to the ground with an anti-climactic thud.”

HA!

Adam had no faith in this young princess's moderate grasp of her own power, and with the fate of his love literally in her hands”

FUCKING HELL..YOU’VE GOT TO GIVE MY GIRL MORE CREDIT THAN THAT… MEN!

“ than she saw the form of an amazing black stallion leap from the horizon, snatch his owner out of the air and land gracefully on the snowy ground beneath them.“Stunned, Regina's fiery glare fell upon the new arrivals and she actually spit at the ground as her gaze met the cocky grin of King Philip”

Always with the dramatic entrances … NEVER CHANGE PHILLIP

I am James and James is me…

“She's monologuing, Emma," Philip tried to scoff, "don't listen to her.”

He loves her so much and doesn’t want her to believe in R’s bullshit because he believes in her.. JUST LEAVE ME HERE TO DIEEEE.. (Also be thankful ffnet doesn’t allow gifs bc otherwise there would be a lot of reaction gifs in this review)

“. It wasn't working of course; wishing well water wasn't exactly Gatorade. ”
I’m worried for Aladdin but I loved this analogy..

MY PHILLIP IS SO SMART…Same w/ my Aladdin, out of pretty much everything but he’s still a genius..

“–yet she was lost in her own sea of confusion.”

I see what you did there.. great pun

"Wait for it."
Also known as one of my favorite Hamilton songs.. (also I’m very nervous okay I make jokes when I’m nervous)

“Philip shook his head, eyes glued on Emma, though James detected the smallest...strangest grin”

Phillip ever the multitasker, worried for his girl and being smirky at Regina..

“And who better for all that magic to come to than the most powerful sorceress remaining in Storybrooke!”

Well…..you’re not wrong about that

“ For the magic – that mess of swirling, raw energy – THE magic of Ebonshire and Braemar that Adam's guardianship had kept in check...it had gone into the most powerful sorceress in Storybrooke. It had gone...into Emma.”

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT

“I believe this world calls that...a plot twist, Regina," Philip actually laughed, crossing his arms over his chest as they all beheld Emma”

I LOVE THIS COCKY ASSHOLE SO MUCH! Also he looks like such a proud husband.. because that’s his lady..

“Yeah. Super glad Maleficent was working for us the entire time.”

I repeat my earlier comment…also come on Regina what did you expect? I always knew your cockiness would be your doom queen queen.

“Looks like after all this time —" the queen couldn't help but listen— "you're still not the fairest one of all.”

I LAUGHED SO MUCH OH MY FUCK… ALSO I MIGHT HAVE STARTED CLAPPING IN DELIGHT… I LOVE SARCASTIC JAMES SO MUCHHH

“a crumpled heap of failure (and tacky avant-garde).”

Perfect description of Regina…

Snow is crying and I’m crying… I’m just so proud of my beautiful duckling..

“Emma, you were magnificent," Philip beamed, ” AS IS PHILLIP .. WE’RE BOTH SO PROUD

“No," she muttered. "Something's...something's wrong."

"What?" James laughed. "Sweetheart, you defeated Regina.”

BUT RUMPLE-FUCKING-STILSKIN IS STILL AROUND AND FREE OF ANY RESTRICTIONS OF THE CURSE

“ unable to resist any longer the urge to at least throw his arm around her shoulder and pull her tightly to his side”

The fact that he actually lasted this long is commendable.. I thought he was gonna hug and kiss her in front of everyone with the way he was beaming..

LUCAS! LUCAS! LUCAS IS AWAKE! YESS THE BROMANCE IS BACK!

“Yeah Luc," Philip quipped. "I didn't see any true-love's-kissing happening here. Or did you hide in the magic storm cloud?”

“Philip!" Aurora rolled her eyes.”

I AM AURORA… But also Phillip you perv hehehe

“No, he'd noticed...something else.”

HERE IT COMES…UH OH.. RUN PHILLIP RUN (OR AT LEAST TAKE COVER)

“Philip froze, his broad grin turned nervous chuckle, and his eyes darted to Emma before he could stop them. "Umm...”

I CANT BELIEVE YOU LEFT IT THERE…(I mean I can) THIS IS TORTURE DARLING TORTURE… IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CONFRONTATION FOR 6 CHAPTERS AND NOW IT’S SO CLOSE..

I can imagine how it’s gonna go
“Well you see we were fighting about whether or not he loved Aurora and he kissed me and woke up.. which means he’s kinda my true love.. SURPRISE!”

I love that you left it there bc it makes me even more excited now.. and I know I keep repeating it but i’ll wait forever!

Although I admit slightly bittersweet bc I can’t imagine it ending bc I’ve been reading it for so long (And I bet it’s worse for you bc you’ve been writing it for so long and it was supposed to be a oneshot) but at the same time I really want to know how it ends and have it be completed so I can re-read it start to finish..

And I still totally want you to tell me if you publish anything so I can buy it… because at this point darling I’m just like JUST TAKE MY MONEY..

Much love!

- Maii (aka Maiqu, aka maiqu20.. I changed my name so I want to make sure you know it's still me)
1,314 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »