Reviews for Masquerade
delicateruins chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This is really quite brilliant! I especially loved the storyline with Elena - I thought that was a brilliant way to incorporate her character into a short snippet, and actually make her incredibly likeable in a long-term, stick around sense. And the who Hollywood theme was well done - I'm actually in the mood to watch "Camelot" now after reading this and thinking about classic movies!
The Bottled Optimist chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This story deserves so much more reviews: It was a great story, the romance absolutely melted my heart and left me with an unconquerable smile on my face when I finished reading.

It was a treasure, thank you!
curvesforever chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
YAY! happy ending! Arthur and Merlin are so sweet together, brilliant little bit at the end
LadyKnight0207 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
This was nice :) Could a sequel by any chance be on it's way?
egyouppt chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I'm going to do my best to leave an appropriate review for this incredible story. So.

I really love the way you went about the Arthur/Uther relationship. I think it's one of the best portrayals of them I've read, because you capture the tension and rivalry; the pressure that arthur feels, even though uther wants what he thinks is best for his son, even if he's a bit misguided. and i think, ultimately, arthur realising he can't wander round doing what his father wants and becoming his own person with his own needs and wants is very accurate, and the way you've portrayed it very tactful and believable.

also, i obviously love how you've shown merlin and arthur and their immediate connection to each other, even if they can't quite understand it in the beginning. on another note, i absolutely adore the setting. anyway, I like how Arthur and Merlin are always supporting each other, especially in a tense setting; the tone of the writing flows well and really goes with the story. and I absolutely adore the part where Merlin tells Arthur about his screen play. I really love seeing them open up to each other.

And as for Arthur deciding he needs to break up with Merlin and do what's proper, I think the way you've included it in this fic is a really unique and wonderful parallel to Arthur's feelings on propriety in canon. And even though he doesn't want to, he feels like he won't be able to live up to his father's expectations if he doesn't do what the studio says. but you've taken it one step further, and arthur not only chooses not to marry elena just because he's in love with someone else, but because he's starting to realise for himself that he needs to be his own man and do what's right. and later he actively tries to repair his relationship with merlin and pursues it, and to hell with propriety, which is, unfortunately, something we don't really see on the show. so fabulous job there.

also, i really really enjoy the dynamic you create between arthur and elena. i think they make really great friends and aren't afraid to help each other and honestly just want each other to be happy. they have a really good-natured relationship and i'm glad you decided to make them good mates.

oh yeah, and arthur going to see merlin's film a dozen times? so sad, but so poignant. you write really well and expressively, so the emotional turmoil is present and daunting, but not overbearing and it doesn't take away from the fic. in fact, it's perfect. and the rekindling of merlin and arthur's relationship is beautiful. i love how they find each other again accidentally, although you can tell they've both been longing for each other anyway. and the way arthur travels through certainty and uncertainty in the scenes with merlin on the ship is very telling. just as is the ultimate sense of knowing that his relationship with merlin is just meant to be and he's going to ensure he does everything in his power to make sure it stays that way.

and the ending section is just pure genius. like i was saying, your character development of arthur becoming his own person, and a person he's proud to be, is incredible and i love that he can be genuinely grateful for merlin's role in it, and in his life, and yet they can still tease each other. their banter is spot-on and the last few lines are really hopeful and beautiful. excellent work.

one more thing. the way you portray merlin is especially wonderful and impressive, because you're able to clearly convey his emotions and disposition and his characterization, even through arthur's point of view. and i think it takes a really talented writer to be able to do it as well as you have. so once again, this fic is just gorgeous and i'm really glad i happened to stumble upon it. fantastic work, really.
TheOriginalKateMonster chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This is amazing, I love how original it is compared to a lot of other fics out there for Merlin. This is a gem and should be read with care and appreciated accordingly.

You are very very very talented, can't wait to read more from you.

Brilliant read! Thanks!
The Shonen-Ai and Yaoi Goddess chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I fudging loved it.

That's all there is to it.
aurora-phi chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
wow, i LOVED this, more than words can possibly describe. Really that's all I can say because it was so amazing. wow.