Reviews for The Jealousy Games
Fictaddict chapter 5 . 7/10
I know I'm late to the party but I just want to say I'm loving it! More than I thought I would :) Great job making it interesting and really fleshed out. I'm impressed.
A great story! I'd love to see an epilogue, but I don't think madge survived. While it would be wonderful to see them living hapily ever after, that would be too much of a happy ending for The Gunger Games :(
TWIMOMJAIME chapter 27 . 2/25
I would love to read a Epi :) I have loved reading this story!
A Sparkle and A Twirl chapter 27 . 8/9/2014
Oh my goodness please write an epilogue where gale and Madge find each other again! Also did they 'get it on' that last time in the woods? I half expect her to be preggers, now wouldn't that shake things up
RaffyMellark chapter 27 . 7/8/2014
Heyy, can you please make more from Gale's POV.. Because, wow, really you're awesome... This is the one of the best fics I've read! Pretty please, give us more! Yay, thank you for you're awesomeness, I so love this fic. Lot's of people are dreading for more, please give us more. Like Gale being jealous with all those kisses in the beach during the 2nd arena and everything and kissing kissing of Everlark.. And yeah, the epilogue from Gale's POV, him seeing the toastbabies playing with Peeta, and Katniss happily watching her kids and hubby..Yaiksss, something like that! YOU'RE ONE AWESOME WRITER, I SO LOVE YOU! GIVE US MORE, THANK YOU FOR YOU :))) take care
Guest chapter 13 . 5/13/2014
It's AHHHMAZING. I've been searching for something like this for days! You should totally make a catching fire one please!
no-oneimportant chapter 27 . 4/11/2014
OMG yes you finally updated! And it's such a good, long chapter. Please please please keep writing.
The whole Gale/Madge thing is really sweet, especially since they're just like Peeta/Katniss switched around. I kinda wish it was canon; Gale really deserves some good in his life.
I really hated how Mockingjay ended with Katniss and Gale never seeing each and making up. Are you keeping to the book or are you gonna add in extra scenes in place of canon scenes?
Gale and Madge reuniting would be one of the saddest and best things.
I really hope you post an epilogue (or the next chapter) soon :)
Guest chapter 27 . 4/4/2014
Please write an epilogue!
Guest chapter 23 . 4/3/2014
That's cool how your word count is higher that the actual book. Congratulations. Your writing is a lot better than mine. Although your idea isn't exactly original I think you've done well in giving us fans an important point of view lacking in the book.
Kyle chapter 8 . 3/14/2014
More good characterization for Gale in the form of denying himself food for the sake of his charges: his family and the Everdeens. Gale's obsession with food keeps driving home how scarce food is in this world and how food is always on a hungry man's mind.
We also see Gale trying to take responsibility for things that he realistically can't blame himself for, in this case Katniss' score with the bow. Gale's all consuming desire to do something, anything, is leading him to take responsibility for everything.
Kyle chapter 7 . 3/11/2014
This is my favorite chapter so far. It has a little of everything and, since it covers several days, it has a lot of material to work with. We get to see Gale trying to shelter Rory from living the hard life that Gale had at his age, while also struggling to provide for his family and the Everdeens alone. I especially liked his interaction with Mr. Mellark and that Gale respected him as a rebel in his own way.

And of course:

"So this is luxury. It is luxurious"
Kyle chapter 6 . 3/10/2014
Not much happened here, but you were constricted by the chapter format. Since Gale didn't really interact with anyone here, we were left with mostly his inner-monologue which means that we were mostly left with him rehashing and dwelling on thoughts he has been having for the last few chapters. However, I think this gives us a taste of what Gale is going through. He can't do anything but watch and worry and get stuck in his own head. That is why he is so set on starting something. He is used to taking charge and taking care of those he cares for, and he is not about to accept his powerlessness lying down.
Kyle chapter 5 . 3/10/2014
It is interesting to see the beginnings of Gale's jealousy and insecurity here. In the novel I felt that he had no idea until the very end of the games and I think this other viewpoint is an interesting change.
Kyle chapter 4 . 3/10/2014
I'm interested to see how Gale rises to the challenge of providing for two families, while Katniss is gone. I hope I see Gale showing his brother the ropes and teaching him to pick up the slack.
Kyle chapter 3 . 3/10/2014
I liked Gale's interaction with Prim. It seemed very in character for him to try and help Prim deal with losing Katniss and to try and give Katniss something to hold on to during the games.